The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 6: October 2015 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen a closeup off the sandals they are not the ones from last nights Bollywood dinner but another new pair of sandals in black presumably

that dress looks fabulous on kate and highlights her statuesque figure. i wish she would have gone easier on the make up, particularly during the day - to me it looks too heavy. kate is such a beautiful lady, she doesn't need a huge cast of make up to look her best.

Not sure if I like this dress. It is very interesting.
The lining is throwing me off. I think that if it had continued up all the way (minus the sleeves) I would have liked it better. But it looks like they ran out of fabric for the lining. The actual design of the dress is very pretty and it is tailored well for her.

I'm not liking the black and white dress Catherine chose this evening. The pattern is off to me.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

This Temperly is lovely. I like the Duchess in prints and find this one very pretty and flattering. It's a nice shape.
And I've not seen closeups yet - but that looks to be a different shoe than the on ID's last night.

LOVE the white dress with the black overlay...it is beautiful and she wears it very well. Her earrings go with the outfit too.

LaRae

I like this latest dress, especially the material and contrast between the black and white - it has a sort of 1920's feel about it.

Yes, that's a good description, it does have a vintage feel to it. It's a very attractive set, even though I prefer her in jewel tones (she can look washed out in light colors IMO), I love the black/white contrast with the lattice design. Another winner in my book.

She looks lovely in the latest black and white top/skirt combo. I don't love it like I did last night's dress but she looks good.

Very striking outfit. I do like that it's a top and skirt.

The lining is throwing me off. I think that if it had continued up all the way (minus the sleeves) I would have liked it better. But it looks like they ran out of fabric for the lining. The actual design of the dress is very pretty and it is tailored well for her.

My sentiments exactly.

I do like the black and white dress. It was unusual and the lattice work was very striking. Kate looked good in it.

I really like this one too - whole look is very pretty.

So if it was altered in India to include the beading, how is the original dress really?

I like it very much, but I don't get why not to buy a dress in India if she wanted that look?

Because she couldn't leave a look for her first night's big event up to buying/being fitted when she arrived. All of her outfits are extensively prepped and fitted in advance. (We would assume)

This was an excellent nod to both cultures- a British designer using Indian craftspeople for a pretty excellent collaboration, totally appropriate to the event

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Fabulous top and skirt! Great pattern, looks filmy and cool, but not revealing,and the pattern and embroidery something she can wear with her height. The pattern adds some curves to her super slender figure, very flattering.

I love that site, I found it right before the Australia tour and had a lot of fun checking for updates. Very well researched and put together site. Thanks for reminding me of it LaRae.
I can't get over how nice the Temperley ensemble looked, it and the blue number the night before are some of my all time favorite looks for Catherine, and she seemed very confident and comfortable in them, so a double win!

Welcome!

Yes I loved the last two evening gowns she's worn. The only thing I didn't care for were the blue earrings from the first evening. Past that she's looked smashing!

LaRae

I didn't care much about the Temperley London dress. I thought the dress was a bit boring for a garden party, she should've worn something more spring/colored. I think her overall didn't look nice, her hair was very disappointing IMO, it was not styled properly.

IMO it wouldve been nice to see her for such an event in an Indian designer or even in a Naeem Khan (Indian designer but shows in New York) who has amazing caftans and dresses all Indian inspired. She has worn American designers in the past so why stick so far to British's designers for inspired outfits when she can get much nicer ones locally.

Last edited:
Not a fan of the Temperley I do like the fabric it just looks odd to me!!!

The dress and the matching top (although the sleeve length is a bit awkward looking imo) are very beautiful. Kate looked great with her beautiful hairdo.

My first major miss IMO of the trip. Of her three evening looks this one IMO was just a complete miss. Her blue gown was stunning as was her hair, but not a fan of the earrings. The Temperly was not my favorite gown but she looked lovely in it, and her hair and earrings were great.

This one is far more casual for an evening look, which I understand is due to the event. But I find it way too busy, too many patterns going in too many places. I am not a fan of the overall style either. Her hair looks a bit frizzy, perhaps the heat. I wish she had done at least the half do she has been doing. And those wedges are back :bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom