The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 5: October 2013 - October 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The hair just looks like it was done nicely and then just limped in the humidity (not sure if there was rain or humidity). Agree that it should have been up.

I have never been on the Kate 'wear your hair up bandwagon' .....until tonight. Dress and jewels were amazing and her hair looked like an afterthought (and not in a devil may care good way). And unfortunately I think that hair falling around her face just made her posture look bad.

lovely dress - stunning turn in HM vaults (an oldie but a goodie) - and yet all I can comment on is her hair.

so disappointed.

I have never been on the Kate 'wear your hair up bandwagon' .....until tonight. Dress and jewels were amazing and her hair looked like an afterthought (and not in a devil may care good way). And unfortunately I think that hair falling around her face just made her posture look bad.

lovely dress - stunning turn in HM vaults (an oldie but a goodie) - and yet all I can comment on is her hair.

so disappointed.

Agree, especially about the posture.

I may be in the minority but I think she looks lovely. She has years to wear her hair up, or at a shorter length.

Beautiful dress, perfect for showing off those jewels. But the hair, yikes, it's getting a little "Millionaire Matchmaker" for those who know who that is.

(...)

Last edited by a moderator:
She doesn't look good at all in 2 or 3 photos before entering the venue. Her hair even looks greasy. But then, once inside, she looks cute and her hair healthy. Dress and jewls are very beautiful but I think an evening bag is missing and her shoes could be a little bit more refined. In the begining, her long hair did not bother me but now I think she should do something about it. It is about time she learns that the devil is in the details.
To be honest, she looks beautiful but doesn't have that "je ne sais quoi" that differentiates well dressed from elegant women. Which is ok, I guess.

Her hair is not a problem for me I can see the necklace it is gorgeous, what I don't understand is where her evening bag is .

I was also wondering about the lack of an evening bag. A bag is sort of the finishing touch in my mind. Of course, I can't ever remember leaving the house without a handbag of some kind. Even if you don't need keys, cash, id etc like the rest of us mortals, you should at least have something to hold a lipstick and package of tissues.

I do not understand the fuss with her hair. Her hair is beautiful!!

I too has long hair and dislike wearing my hair up simply because I looks better with long hair. And I do not like the naked feeling of a empty shoulder and hair down also helps to keep my neck warm in an air-conditioned environment.

I also curls my hair when I am attending dinners - it tooks 2 hours for my hairdresser to curl them and my hair is shorter than HRH.

I believe HRH too looks better with long hair or half undo. I remembered she looks older when she had her hair totally up.

Love the dress and necklace. Just lovely.

Well, not much hair worn up at the event, period. In fact, given that some artists wore denim, I think the casual long hair dos that most ladies sported was fitting.

Her hair and posture are appalling. The dress is a repeat and ordinary which would be fine as backdrop for the statement necklace. Step it up.

How about this look?

Here's a picture of the Queen wearing the same necklace:

MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH

She's probably about the same age that Catherine is now. Her hair is shorter of course, but she's wearing a big tiara, large earrings, a big corsage (?) on one shoulder, a big brooch on the other, plus her sash and order pin, as well as bracelets and rings. Too much, you think? There will come a time when Catherine is similarly adorned, and that will be plenty of time for her to cut or put up her magnificent hair. In the meantime, I intend to appreciate the simple look of hair plus necklace. I'll bet most of the people at this occasion thought that both she and her hair were lovely. I'd be disappointed if I saw Catherine and didn't get to see her hair in its signature style.

Other pics of her:
http://www.newmyroyals.com/

Last edited:
The dress is lovely and its a great piece to recycle. With such a lovely necklace her hair should've been pulled back, the curls unfortunately covers the wonderful necklace. A clutch would've been a great idea as the look looks not completed.

I hope to see such curls again without the parting as its so much nicer than the slight curls at the ends.

I think you may have a point there. Perhaps her hair is her security blanket, problem is, she is not Linus but rather a grown woman over 30.

Google Image Result for http://aroundcelebs.com/images/linus-05.jpg

so disappointed.
I have lost count of the number of times she has buried some really elegant gown under her curtain of hair and as to her jewellery . . . well it's best guess territory.

I don't like the dress - looks too much like a nightgown in my opinion, but those diamonds make up for it.
Ah, I see what you mean but, had she shortened the gown a little to show her shoes and dressed her hair in a flattering updo showcasing those wonderful jewels, added a wonderfully frivolous evening clutch andI think she would have had a whole new look.

Her hair is not a problem for me I can see the necklace it is gorgeous, what I don't understand is where her evening bag is .
OK, this one is the real kicker. With her masses of bedroom hair and no finishing accessories she looks like she ran out during a fire alarm and didn't quite finish dressing. She could have looked so elegant but . . .

The dress is so stunning. Simple, classic, elegant, and just beautiful.

I agree. It's lovely. I love that it's navy blue with black undertones. Very stylish and the Duchess looks quite stunning.

And unfortunately I think that hair falling around her face just made her posture look bad.

so disappointed.

agree 100% but its like groghound day with kate. i liked the dress and jewellery but the hairstyle spoiled it for me. the hair hanging down all over the place makes the look quite messy, pulling it back would have been clean cut appearance.
i like the dress and the piece of jewellery is stunning.

Love the dress and the necklace, however her hair is too long, she can keep that hair style but she should cut it a bit... it would look much more shinning and perfect:flowers:

Glad to see her recycle evening gowns - she has quite a collection and this one is very beautiful so was a good choice.

I'm with those who say the hair is an issue. She looks good in a half-updo like she had at her wedding but not these loose dangly long curls she favours. As others have noted her posture isn't great and the way she carried herself at these events - is it a combination of hiding behind her hair and also not knowing what to do with her hands when she doesn't carry an evening bag. This is something I have also noticed recently that she very rarely has any bag at any event - thus her hands and what to do make her look uncomfortable to me

Good thing her necklace was so showstopping. Her hair is just ugly to me. I think it distracts from her pretty face. I am in agreement that its a security to her. You can wear long hair that looks much better.

The dress is nice, but I agree with many of you. Her hair just hanging down is just not attractive especially with the dress and that gorgeous necklace. I will say that her makeup looks great. Pretty near flawless and not to dark.

What a shame that Prince William chose a woman with horrible hair, posture, facial expressions and sloppy taste in clothing.

Stunning overall-the color and cut of the dress, the jewelry and I for one like the hair-altogether gorgeous!:flowers:

What a shame that Prince William chose a woman with horrible hair, posture, facial expressions and sloppy taste in clothing.
I know right? Kate is a mess. :p

She is pretty, the gown is pretty, and the necklace is to die for. But something is missing here. She just lacks the elegance and regal bearing of a royal princess.

I join the army of those who didn't like the hair and I think worse than wearing her hair down is the fact that she decided to part it in 3 parts and the part she left on her back being much smaller than the 2 she put to the front, this always gives a bad posture and this time also hid the necklace.

I think you may have a point there. Perhaps her hair is her security blanket, problem is, she is not Linus but rather a grown woman over 30.

Google Image Result for http://aroundcelebs.com/images/linus-05.jpg

I have lost count of the number of times she has buried some really elegant gown under her curtain of hair and as to her jewellery . . . well it's best guess territory.

Ah, I see what you mean but, had she shortened the gown a little to show her shoes and dressed her hair in a flattering updo showcasing those wonderful jewels, added a wonderfully frivolous evening clutch andI think she would have had a whole new look.

OK, this one is the real kicker. With her masses of bedroom hair and no finishing accessories she looks like she ran out during a fire alarm and didn't quite finish dressing. She could have looked so elegant but . . .

The first time she wore the dress it screamed fairy Princess. This screamed nightgown. Reminded me of the Christian Dior dress Princess Diana wore in New York in 1996. Love the necklace though.

:previous: I had the opposite opinion. I really didn't like it when she wore it back in October. This time I thought it looked better on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom