The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 5: October 2013 - October 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the lace dress. Very elegant and beautiful. At first I thought it aged her, but now I think it suits her well.

Great to see her recylcing! the dress is lovely and it seams worth using it again!

Great to see her recylcing! the dress is lovely and it seams worth using it again!

I agree with you, it is a lovely dress and good to see it get used 3 times. I wish she continues with this trend and reuses more of her wardrobe.

I agree with you, it is a lovely dress and good to see it get used 3 times. I wish she continues with this trend and reuses more of her wardrobe.

I think, she automatically will do the more public events she has...
Bye Bine

I wish someone would take a pair of scissors to this thing. It's horrible. :ermm:

I don't love it and I don't hate it ... IMO it's boring just boring!!!! William looks gorgeous.

I think Catherine looks very elegant in the lace gown.

It's great she is recycling this dress but I didn't really like it the first time nor this time round. There is something about the dress that doesn't flatter her and that ages her. I also thought her hair looked very flat which didn't look nice. I like that it wasn't curled but the top part was lacking volume IMO.

I'm not understanding what is going on with the hair. This is one time she should have worn it up of down not in a ponytail. If she had to put it in a ponytail it should have been styled differently with some curls and a nice tie around her hair.
The dress is ok, nothing special, like that she wore black shoes with it.
I think something is happening with her hair, it seems to me to be shorter, and I wonder whether there's a plan to cut it "by degrees" until it's just on her shoulders. :flowers:

This isn't one of my favourite dresses on Catherine, but she looks elegant and I prefer it to the last lace dress she wore to the SportsAid Gala (which I do believe was also by Temperley). The reason as to why I don't 100 % like it is because it's too busy for my taste. On another note, one of my first thoughts when I saw these photos was "Catherine's dress is is very reminiscent of a 1920's evening dress".

I have to say that I'm very fond of the black/seathrough umbrella William is holding, very stylish!

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of this dress. It reminds me of lace curtains. And that hair of hers is driving me crazy! It just covers up everything.. Earrings, neckline details, brooches, etc. Sorry about my rant. :(

I think something is happening with her hair, it seems to me to be shorter, and I wonder whether there's a plan to cut it "by degrees" until it's just on her shoulders. :flowers:

What has happened to her hair is she has been through a pregnancy. Affects hormones and screws up skin and hair. All that lovely pregnancy glow disappears.

What has happened to her hair is she has been through a pregnancy. Affects hormones and screws up skin and hair. All that lovely pregnancy glow disappears.
I thought she looked well and pretty, including her hair - just that it seems to be shorter.

I read today in a magazine in the supermarket, about her new home has 3 dressig rooms, one for her formal wear, another for her casual wear and another for her shoes! wonder if it is true, but would love to see it!!!!!! may be any woman dreams!

I read today in a magazine in the supermarket, about her new home has 3 dressig rooms, one for her formal wear, another for her casual wear and another for her shoes! wonder if it is true, but would love to see it!!!!!! may be any woman dreams!

I do not think she has soo many shoes to have a room for them, but of course she has a lot.

i agree it may be any women's dream. ;)
however, i don't think 3 dressing rooms is unusual for someone in the position of kate, or any of the princesses in this forum. princesses who have been in the role for longer, like letizia, mary, maxima... must have even more dressing rooms: the amount of clothes they have worn must occupy astonishing space to store. besides, formal wear occupies a lot of space, and needs some space to breathe so that it doesn't get squashed, so i assume this is her reason for keeping them appart.

I might be totally wrong but I think I recall reading in one of the books I have about Diana that there were special rooms (perhaps not in 1A proper) where her gowns were stored. I think it was written when talking about William's idea to auction some of her gowns for charity. I would imagine that after an outfit has been worn, its cleaned, pressed and perhaps even specially bagged to keep the gown or outfit in top notch shape. IIRC, the room was set at a specific temperature and climate controlled. This makes sense to me. As much money goes into what Kate wears and the chance of some of them even having historic meaning in the future, it would do well to keep them in top shape.

and let's not forget about her hats and fascinators, they take a lot of room too! would love to have something like that!

I like the black lace dress. My favorite of her lace dresses is the teal one she wore in Los Angeles. Love to see that one again!

I like the black lace dress. My favorite of her lace dresses is the teal one she wore in Los Angeles. Love to see that one again!

Did she not wear a lilac gown (McQueen) in LA and a teal lace one (Jenny Packham?) in London (with the up do?)

Soo pretty! I love chiffon and the color is divine.

I think she looks quite lovely.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using The Royals Community mobile app

I like the dress very much, the make up is ok, love the necklace and want to attack her hair with a pair of scissors!

Sent from my HTC One using The Royals Community mobile app

Kate's hair should have done justice to a beautiful and sophisticated statement necklace. Wearing it down in curls and tucked behind her ears at times didn't look good at all with her evening look and just detracted from it. She should have worn her hair in a low chignon, half back or an updo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom