The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 4: August 2012 - October 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 4

The previous thread can be found here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators

Catherine looks nice in blue. This is a very understated look, and she pulls it off well.

Uh...not that impressed. Love blue but not used in that way. I also don't like her hair this time.

I like her outfit tonight. And I always love her hair. Tonight it looks more natural? Less curls on the bottom. I am hopeless when it comes to this stuff.

A slightly better view of the dress:
- Picture

I think Kate looks lovely. The dress is nice as is the hairstyle.

The color is nice but I hate the print.

I love her clutch. Does anyone know for sure that the message shown inside the bag is of Kate's bag? If so, I think it's very sweet that William buys her gifts like that.

(I saw the image of the inside of the bag at What Kate Wore)

Kate looks pretty nice , liked her simple dress , like her hair , thanks for sharing .

Agree IloveCP it is really a boring pattern but I like the style

:previous:

The dress is by Whistles, actually, not Oasis. I liked this first time round and I like it again.

Kate's had a good Olympics sartorially speaking. She did her best to not be the focus of attention, which didn't really work, but that's the media's fault, not Kate's.

I really like that dress, but not the belt.

The dress is by Whistles, actually, not Oasis. I liked this first time round and I like it again.

Kate's had a good Olympics sartorially speaking. She did her best to not be the focus of attention, which didn't really work, but that's the media's fault, not Kate's.

Oh my mistake :lol:
I like the dress without the jacket more. With the jacket, it gives a more formal /different look.

I like the dress/belt combo too but the long zipper in the back is unnecessary & ugly.

I like the dress/belt combo too but the long zipper in the back is unnecessary & ugly.

Tell me about it, many designers go for that zipper in the back, not sure what they think is nice about it :eek:

Is that your dancing dress, Kate? Duchess of Cambridge recycles Whistles dress she wore for Diamond Jubilee concert at Closing Ceremony bash
dailymail.co.uk article

It's just the way designers take last year's dress, put an ugly zip up the back and run it in their current collection and reap the rewards. Kate may have worn it at night, but it isn't eveningwear.

That´s a pretty dress, but nothing special, IMO.
She should try differents hairdos for special occasions, that never-changing hairstyle is becoming quite boring.

How is it a never-changing hairstyle when she has change it (updos, etc)? A never-changing hairstyle is what Beatrix, Elizabeth and Anne have.

That´s a pretty dress, but nothing special, IMO.
She should try differents hairdos for special occasions, that never-changing hairstyle is becoming quite boring.

But she tried, many times, many different hairdos. Even her hair down changes sometimes (more curly, less curly, more to one side). That's hardly never-changing hairstyle.

Am not a big fan of that dress on reflection and I agree re her hair but I have said that many times before ... it's boring but it would appear she intends to stay with it.
I don't like the blue with the back zip look honestly it would be okay on well one of us but am a bit over the high street thing Kate is trying to work here. I get the whole thing .. one of the people [which she's not] keeping cost down and so on but I would like to see a little less middle class in the day wear I may be wrong but this is just IMO.

Tonight, for the Paralympics opening ceremony, Kate is wearing the same DAY Birger et Mikkelsen coat dress she has previously worn for three weddings, including that of Zara Phillips and Laura Parker Bowles.

Pictures of the coat from today:
- Upper part 1
- Upper part 2
- Full view of the outfit

I've never been a fan of this coat. It's nice, appropriate and understated - but the cut just doesn't feel right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Artemisia said:
Tonight, for the Paralympics opening ceremony, Kate is wearing the same DAY Birger et Mikkelsen coat dress she has previously worn for three weddings, including that of Zara Phillips and Laura Parker Bowles.

I like the dress-coat. Appropriate, warm, and elegant.

Artemisia said:
Pictures of the coat from today:
- Upper part 1
- Upper part 2

I've never been a fan of this coat. It's nice, appropriate and understated - but the cut just doesn't feel right.

Well it definitely seems to fit her better now than it did at Zara's wedding. She was at her thinnest following the wedding and trip to Canada.... She was just swimming in the coat then. She looks much more healthy now.

I agree: the coat looked a size too big as worn for Zara's wedding.
It looked OK for Laura's wedding although I can't actually focus on the coat: the horrid "hat" is too distracting.
Tonight though the coat sits perfectly on Kate's figure. I actually like it a lot better when not worn with a hat, especially the kind Kate favours.

I've just never really liked the pattern on this coat, although I like the cut. It's too old for a 30-year-old IMO and would better suit Maxima or Mary's age group. Plus, the pattern reminds me of a particular cream wallpaper my parents used to have in their living room.

I'm not surprised she wore something that we've seen before and also that she wore her hair down. Most of us have observed that it's pretty much her standard pattern now.

I think that if she wants the focus on the event or another person (Zara's wedding, Laura's wedding, Paralympics opening ceremony...) she keeps it low key, by, at the minimum, showing up in something she's worn before.

I'm also not surprised she chose one of her coatdresses, either. Very practical, because as the evening cools off she would be at least as warm as William is in his suit jacket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom