The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 04:42 AM
Courtier

Not an easy design of dress to wear again and I am not certain if it is really the most flattering look for Kate. However, it definitely suited the occasion and culture for which it was meant. Kate looked happy and confident whilst the floral garland around her head made her look beautiful.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Oh dear - it appears there was a gaffe on the Solomon Islands pink dinner dress and on William's shirt as well.

Kate Middleton's Solomon Islands error as she wears Cook Islands dress | Mail Online

Old 09-26-2012, 10:05 AM
Majesty

I highly doubt the people in the Solomon Islands are upset about that, if that's the actual case.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:20 AM
Serene Highness

It wasn't Catherine's gaffe anyway. Read the article
Old 09-26-2012, 07:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Oh dear - it appears there was a gaffe on the Solomon Islands pink dinner dress and on William's shirt as well.

Kate Middleton's Solomon Islands error as she wears Cook Islands dress | Mail Online

The poor lady who committed the error . No need tho mention her full name. Wonder how she is feeling.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post

Horrible dress aside, the Duchess truly needs a good pedicure.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:39 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Kate tonight at a reception for Team GB:

- Complete outfit
- Back view
- Side view
- Close up

I just loath this outfit, especially the flowers and the bow at the back. And I'll be crucified for this by some, but the hairstyle is very unflattering: it basically covers up most of the upper part of the dress (which, upon consideration, may not be too bad a thing since the dress is ugly, imo).

On a more positive note, love the shoes.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I usually like Kate's clothes. But this??? With the sheer, the gold embroidery, and the flounce, it's just too much.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I love her hair in this sleek style. I'm not in love with the dress (those appliques are killing me) but neither do I hate it. They style of the the dress is quite nice.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:51 PM
Courtier

Hmmm .... with different sleeves without these white flowers it could be really nice. As it is this is just too much.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:58 PM
Serene Highness

I like the colour of the dress and it fits well, not sure about the flowers but love her shoes and bracelet.
Catherine's smile always adds 5 points IMO lol.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Kate tonight at a reception for Team GB:

- Complete outfit
- Back view
- Side view
- Close up

I just loath this outfit, especially the flowers and the bow at the back. And I'll be crucified for this by some, but the hairstyle is very unflattering: it basically covers up most of the upper part of the dress (which, upon consideration, may not be too bad a thing since the dress is ugly, imo).
Love the shoes.
Kate's smile as always lit up the room but I do have to say that the dress very much reminded me of similar dresses that were around in the 60s and 70s. Very retro. Not my taste at all.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:01 PM
Heir Apparent

OK, this one definitely falls into the "What was she thinking?" category. Although, to be honest, I find the greater part of her working wardrobe falls into this category so maybe it's really just "business as usual".

For me the frills and over sized flowers coupled with the ubiquitous little girl do make this yet another rather desperate fail. Oh dear!

Nice shoes though.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:08 PM
Serene Highness

All in all, for not having stylists or ladies in waiting, and for buying off the peg, I think Catherine's outfits are on point. Just my opinion, and I'm an 'old fashioned' guy but I like her overall look.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:21 PM
Nobility

Well on a positive note, it appears that Kate is pushing her boundaries of what to wear and how to style her hair for engagements.

On a not-so-positive note, it appears (to me) that she might be pushing the boundaries in the wrong direction.

And that's about as diplomatic as I can phrase it.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Frankly, I was shocked. She, always, looks beautiful. This outfit is a loser and her hair isn't styled, it is just hanging.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:59 PM
Courtier

This definitely isnt my favorite, it seems more Pippa, than Kate. but if she was to wear this busy of a yoke and neckline, I think she should have embraced it and wore her hair up off her neck so that the detail could be there to shine. with her long hair it just looks messy - and that is not her style at all.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Courtier

I really love the dress, but this was a perfect opportunity to wear her head up. In fact, a sleek ponytail would have been a nice contrast to the 'girliness' of the dress.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:16 PM
Courtier

I would love the dress if the sleeves and the upper part weren't so see-through. Otherwise it looks good I think. It is a pity that her hair is covering up so much of it.
The length is ok for once, I'm impressed.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:22 PM
Heir Apparent

The dress is awful! The flowers and the bow are not to my liking. One of her worst looks!

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge eveningwear, duchess of cambridge gala dress, eveningwear, fashion