The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 11:50 AM
Gentry

I love the coatdress and this Royal House of Fashion is my favorite thread.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia

I agree: the coat looked a size too big as worn for Zara's wedding.
It looked OK for Laura's wedding although I can't actually focus on the coat: the horrid "hat" is too distracting.
Tonight though the coat sits perfectly on Kate's figure. I actually like it a lot better when not worn with a hat, especially the kind Kate favours.
Such a lovely coatdress, that color suits kate well.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:17 PM
Courtier

Its a beautiful coat, but its way to big for here.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Catherine today:

Pic Pic2
Old 09-11-2012, 08:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quite a disappointment that the dinner doesn't even have a dress code of black tie / long dresses.
Kudos to Catherine for trying to dress somewhat younger and in a vibrant color mix, but all I see in that VERY bold print and its not very fortunate placement on the dress is either a colored Rorschach test or an ugly lava lamp exploding.

Full front view:
http://s14.postimage.org/5jncu6m7l/151760855.jpg

From the back:
http://s18.postimage.org/q4uqcal3d/N...four707851.jpg
Old 09-11-2012, 08:29 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Certainly a vibrant print on the dress. Nice nod to the hosts in Singapore and i always love anything with a purple colour in. Better appearance this evening than the outfit from the arrival

Old 09-11-2012, 08:50 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
I like the dress. It is probably made of silk. It looks fresh and very appropriate.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbruno View Post
I like the dress. It is probably made of silk. It looks fresh and very appropriate.
I really like it too. Its so vibrant and looks good on Kate.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:49 AM
Serene Highness

What a disappointment! I thought we would see a bit of glitter for this occasion.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
What a disappointment! I thought we would see a bit of glitter for this occasion.
Check out the diamond bracelet.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:07 AM
Serene Highness

Her dress is Prabal Gurung.
So much better than her outfit during the day. The print is really something else. Wish she had better taste in shoes though.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Courtier

I liked the dress at first sight, but the more I look at it the more the print makes me crazy
I see nothing wrong about her shoes though.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Royal Highness

I'm a fan of this dress. It's different and striking without being OTT. Would like a close up of the bracelet.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Here is a closer look from the War Horse premier. http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...39_306x218.jpg

And Anna at My small obsessions on FB has a number of closeups in her Kate UFO photos. Here is one: http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...93970738_n.jpg
Old 09-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Its good to see her in such color and print, something you don't expect from Kate but it is not a pretty dress. I would've liked if she had her hair pulled back so the print on the shoulders/top part shows nicely in the front. The way the print is on the back is quite nicer than the front but the dress overall is different which is nice.

The Duchess of Cambridge wows in edgy Prabal Gurung dress, putting U.S. label on the global fashion map

Read more: The Duchess of Cambridge wows in edgy Prabal Gurung dress, putting U.S. label on the global fashion map | Mail Online
Old 09-11-2012, 01:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Here is a closer look from the War Horse premier. http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...39_306x218.jpg

And Anna at My small obsessions on FB has a number of closeups in her Kate UFO photos. Here is one: http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...93970738_n.jpg
Isn't that the bracelet Charles gave her? That is one beautiful piece of jewelry and I can see Kate wearing it quite often in her lifetime. Charles does have exquisite tastes.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't loke this on her but I like it on the back view the front is IMO not glamorous at ll and I hate it with the black shoes.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Isn't that the bracelet Charles gave her? That is one beautiful piece of jewelry and I can see Kate wearing it quite often in her lifetime. Charles does have exquisite tastes.
Yes it is and yes he does. While looking for close ups I found this site - which shows how much this bracelet looks like several that the Duchess of Cornwall often wears. The resemblance is fascinating. Catherine's Bracelets
Old 09-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Serene Highness

That dress is gorgeous. If she were attending Fashion Week, I would say wear a bright shoe and an updo, but for a state visit demur black shoes and understated yet elegant hair is perfect.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

So, we didn't even get through the first day of the tour without the usual 'she should be wearing her hair up' complaints. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

This dress is a true work of art. I adore the colour, the pattern is interesting and bold and it fits Kate beautifully. This is a bit of a departure for Kate and it really works for her IMO.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge eveningwear, duchess of cambridge gala dress, eveningwear, fashion