The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 10:13 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
That´s a pretty dress, but nothing special, IMO.
She should try differents hairdos for special occasions, that never-changing hairstyle is becoming quite boring.
But she tried, many times, many different hairdos. Even her hair down changes sometimes (more curly, less curly, more to one side). That's hardly never-changing hairstyle.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Am not a big fan of that dress on reflection and I agree re her hair but I have said that many times before ... it's boring but it would appear she intends to stay with it.
I don't like the blue with the back zip look honestly it would be okay on well one of us but am a bit over the high street thing Kate is trying to work here. I get the whole thing .. one of the people [which she's not] keeping cost down and so on but I would like to see a little less middle class in the day wear I may be wrong but this is just IMO.

Old 08-18-2012, 06:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Kate's dress is a recycled Oasis dress
It’s a Whistles Repeat for Kate at Closing Ceremony (Spoiler Alert) » What Kate Wore

I agree that the print isnt anything special, somehow boring but the color is great and I like the added black belt.
It's the typical dress for Kate, nothing extraordinary, but I quite like this one on her.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:28 AM
Heir Apparent

I thought Kate looked stunning in this ensamble- loved it since she first wore it in LA- The dress is divine- so elegant and classy- perfect for a princess! Divine color as well!
And she wore her hair up!
Kate Pairs Roksanda Ilincic with LK Bennett for Royal Academy Reception » What Kate Wore
Old 08-29-2012, 04:05 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Tonight, for the Paralympics opening ceremony, Kate is wearing the same DAY Birger et Mikkelsen coat dress she has previously worn for three weddings, including that of Zara Phillips and Laura Parker Bowles.

Pictures of the coat from today:
- Upper part 1
- Upper part 2
- Full view of the outfit

I've never been a fan of this coat. It's nice, appropriate and understated - but the cut just doesn't feel right.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:09 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia
Tonight, for the Paralympics opening ceremony, Kate is wearing the same DAY Birger et Mikkelsen coat dress she has previously worn for three weddings, including that of Zara Phillips and Laura Parker Bowles.
I like the dress-coat. Appropriate, warm, and elegant.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia
Pictures of the coat from today:
- Upper part 1
- Upper part 2

I've never been a fan of this coat. It's nice, appropriate and understated - but the cut just doesn't feel right.
Well it definitely seems to fit her better now than it did at Zara's wedding. She was at her thinnest following the wedding and trip to Canada.... She was just swimming in the coat then. She looks much more healthy now.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:11 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I agree: the coat looked a size too big as worn for Zara's wedding.
It looked OK for Laura's wedding although I can't actually focus on the coat: the horrid "hat" is too distracting.
Tonight though the coat sits perfectly on Kate's figure. I actually like it a lot better when not worn with a hat, especially the kind Kate favours.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

I've just never really liked the pattern on this coat, although I like the cut. It's too old for a 30-year-old IMO and would better suit Maxima or Mary's age group. Plus, the pattern reminds me of a particular cream wallpaper my parents used to have in their living room.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:53 PM
Nobility

I'm not surprised she wore something that we've seen before and also that she wore her hair down. Most of us have observed that it's pretty much her standard pattern now.

I think that if she wants the focus on the event or another person (Zara's wedding, Laura's wedding, Paralympics opening ceremony...) she keeps it low key, by, at the minimum, showing up in something she's worn before.

I'm also not surprised she chose one of her coatdresses, either. Very practical, because as the evening cools off she would be at least as warm as William is in his suit jacket.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

I completely agree, CanRoyal. Kate definitely tries to not hog the limelight as much as she can. Unfortunately for her, though, when it comes to the British press it doesn't seem to make much difference.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR
I completely agree, CanRoyal. Kate definitely tries to not hog the limelight as much as she can. Unfortunately for her, though, when it comes to the British press it doesn't seem to make much difference.
That is an understatement. The press seems to love to dissect her wardrobe; be it old or new.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Love the coat. She looks very nice.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I always loved that coat. It's very elegant and classic. She looks beautiful!
Old 08-29-2012, 08:17 PM
Courtier

She will probably have this coat for 20 years. Its just a nice simple elegant coat.

As for her sartorial choice - interesting that all of the woman wore repeats - the important thing in this context is the atheletes. I expect we will see variations of her parlaympic kit over the next 10 days - she looks good in her sport attire.

let the games begin.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Standard stuff at least it fits.. I like the colour ...
Old 08-30-2012, 02:17 AM
Royal Highness

I much prefer this coat dress minus a silly hat. A perfect choice for the occasion and nicely accessorised.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:40 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

I think the outfit is a good choice, apart from the coat being at least 2 sizes too big.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post

As for her sartorial choice - interesting that all of the woman wore repeats - the important thing in this context is the atheletes.
Plus, she's got a major 9-day overseas tour coming up in less than 2 weeks, I'm sure she's saving some new outfits for that.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:55 AM
Royal Highness

I never liked this coat, cut and pattern is too serious for 30 years old woman. hair and make-up as usual-boring.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge eveningwear, duchess of cambridge gala dress, eveningwear, fashion