The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 12:08 PM
Nobility

Most women have beautiful hair during their pregnancies because the hormone changes keep you from losing the usual amount of hair everyone loses everyday.The hormones also make your hair look thicker and more wonderful, but in the months following the delivery your hormones change again any most women shed quite a bit of hair , it can be quite frightening for many women and many trim their hair or style it differently during this period.I hope this explanation helps.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kate has had beautiful hair long before she became pregnant so I doubt anything will change. She likes her hair down has liked it down for years; I can't believe people have still not gotten over it.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 09-13-2013, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Kate has had beautiful hair long before she became pregnant so I doubt anything will change. She likes her hair down has liked it down for years; I can't believe people have still not gotten over it.
Very true but some outfits/dresses require or should I say look better with hair up and there is nothing with putting her up once in a while IMO. I think this dress was one of those dresses that would give an overall better appearance with hair up.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:31 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

The dress is pretty, but I don't like the sheer panels on the side. I think the dress would have looked better without it. Other than that, Kate looks nice.

I think her hair looks great, but then again I'm not bothered when she wears it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
She likes her hair down has liked it down for years; I can't believe people have still not gotten over it.
Very true. What's funny is that when she does wear it up, there are still complaints.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by vee View Post

If I had a mop of hair like HERS, shoot, I'd be wearin' it down and lettin' it fly as much as possible, too!!!!

That's how I feel; her hair is gorgeous, and she obviously prefers to wear it down, so why not?
Old 09-13-2013, 04:16 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatetheGreat91 View Post
Catherine looking stunning in Jenny Packham at the Tusk Trust Awards.

Kate Middleton Pictures - Kate Middleton Hits the Red Carpet in Style - Zimbio
At first I thought the dress was a bit on the glittery side, but now I think it looks lovely. Catherine looks great too. A bun with one or two plaits in it (or a similar up do) would've been nice but nevertheless I like her hair style.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 09-13-2013, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't care if she wears her hair up or down.. BUT, it definitely needs a good cut!! It is waay out of control, right now. It used to be shorter and less full and looked so much better. Just my HO, of course.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Courtier

Catherine had a baby 7 weeks ago, She is still nursing. I'll bet she finished nursing, threw the dress on and ran to the venue. Not a lot of time for primping. That dress looks to me like it can be taken in to fit, once she is done nursing.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma828 View Post
Catherine had a baby 7 weeks ago, She is still nursing. I'll bet she finished nursing, threw the dress on and ran to the venue. Not a lot of time for primping. That dress looks to me like it can be taken in to fit, once she is done nursing.
I agree - I think the biggest change is that she didn't look 100% pulled together; more like 90% (and I don't mean that in a bad way - just a reality of life). She was always soooo pulled together and impeccably turned out, she had the luxury of that last 15 minutes that single women love to do that final once over while waiting for the date. This was mummy Kate; and she had another man that wanted her attention while she was trying to get ready. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if she had forgotten her purse. When William made the comment about checking their cell phones, I wondered - where did Kate stash hers?

It was good to see her out and about.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:01 PM
Courtier

Thank you to both of the comments immediately above. If you have never nursed a 7 week old baby, you have no idea how time-consuming it is. It's not like you do it for an hour and then 6 hours later you feed him again. It's 15 minutes here, 20 minutes there, and another 20 minutes whenever he/she demands it! You don't say, later, dear, mummy is having her hair done. Even when you have help, that just means that you can take a shower without worrying- he'll be there with his mouth open as soon as you get out!

If you are a nursing mother, it is almost impossible to be impeccably attired, groomed, and coiffed. And pumping is not fun, and it takes time, and you don't do it unless you have to- and generally the baby wants mummy to feed him, anyway! Kate looked just fine last night, and it may be months before she looks perfect again.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:55 PM
Majesty

I'm not a fan of this dress. It's overwhelming Catherine.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:55 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
The dress is pretty, but I don't like the sheer panels on the side. I think the dress would have looked better without it.
My first thought when I saw the panels was "oh, this dress is supposed to have a lot of skin showing." It looked to me like the modesty panels were a last-minute addition, like maybe the dress was bought off the rack and hastily modified for Catherine. Otherwise, I thought she looked wonderful for having a seven-week-old baby. When mine were seven weeks old, I thought I was doing good if I could catch a shower every day...
Old 09-14-2013, 04:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
I do agree about the hairstyle, but I think it's too harsh to say she looked awful in the dress. Her figure ( not only because she's only recently had a baby) and her height alone ensure she can look much better than most of us would in this gown. I guess it's just a little frustrating that with a few tweaks, she could look spectacular.
Your right, my mistake
Old 09-16-2013, 08:20 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Not liking this outfit at all, it looks like a shapeless glitter potatoesack to me, badly executed. Boring hair. Far too much glitter, like a disco ball.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...9_634x1126.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...8_634x1274.jpg
Old 09-16-2013, 01:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Though blunt Dof M.. on reflection I think you are right.. she just isn't up to that sort of gown for whatever reason it was all wrong and I agree the hair is a nightmare.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:10 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Thank you to both of the comments immediately above. If you have never nursed a 7 week old baby, you have no idea how time-consuming it is. It's not like you do it for an hour and then 6 hours later you feed him again. It's 15 minutes here, 20 minutes there, and another 20 minutes whenever he/she demands it! You don't say, later, dear, mummy is having her hair done. Even when you have help, that just means that you can take a shower without worrying- he'll be there with his mouth open as soon as you get out!

If you are a nursing mother, it is almost impossible to be impeccably attired, groomed, and coiffed. And pumping is not fun, and it takes time, and you don't do it unless you have to- and generally the baby wants mummy to feed him, anyway! Kate looked just fine last night, and it may be months before she looks perfect again.
Absolutely true!!!
Old 09-16-2013, 04:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Not liking this outfit at all, it looks like a shapeless glitter potatoesack to me, badly executed. Boring hair. Far too much glitter, like a disco ball.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...9_634x1126.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...8_634x1274.jpg
Wow, glad you were not around to see what I looked like after I had my two kids. If Kate looks this bad to you, I can only imagine would you would have said about me LOL
Old 09-16-2013, 05:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andolini View Post
Wow, glad you were not around to see what I looked like after I had my two kids. If Kate looks this bad to you, I can only imagine would you would have said about me LOL
She was talking about the dress, though?
Old 09-16-2013, 05:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
She was talking about the dress, though?
I was joking, hence the LOL at the end of my post
Old 09-16-2013, 05:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
Though blunt Dof M.. on reflection I think you are right.. she just isn't up to that sort of gown for whatever reason it was all wrong and I agree the hair is a nightmare.
Why is Kate's hair a nightmare?

Closed Thread

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge eveningwear, duchess of cambridge gala dress, eveningwear, fashion