The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 03:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

An updo would have been nice but she looked stunning!

Old 09-12-2013, 04:30 PM
Royal Highness

I agree she looks very lovely in the gown, but the eye liner is very severe tonight (I think there's evidence of late nights with baby).

Old 09-12-2013, 04:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Look at how tiny her waist is already: http://www.hellomagazine.com/imagene...tteee-1--a.jpg

I think the eye makeup tonight is a bit lighter than we had been used to.

FYI - for those of you who have cats - clothing with dangling sequins like this is a big hit with the kittens.
The two important things I did learn were that you are as powerful and strong as you allow yourself to be, and that the most difficult part of any endeavor is taking the first step, making the first decision"Robyn Davidson
Old 09-12-2013, 04:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
I agree she looks very lovely in the gown, but the eye liner is very severe tonight (I think there's evidence of late nights with baby).
I agree, I wish she would switch to a lighter, more subtle shade for her eyeliner. That said, she looks incredible for just having a baby. It took me eons to get the baby weight off!!! LOL
Old 09-12-2013, 04:43 PM
Serene Highness

I don't like that silver dress at all. The material looks thick and heavy and those clompy silver sandals I have hated since the first time she wore them in LA. She's got such a nice face and figure and could look so much better but it's going to have to start with sorting out that hippie hair which was on show again tonight.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:13 PM
Serene Highness

Glitter overload and I love it. I prefer her hair up but she obviously prefers it down so whatever. She looks lovely albeit tired, which is expected.

[edit] I stopped loving the dress until I saw the slip underneath. Meh.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Duchess looked lovely tonight and great to see her back post baby!
Old 09-12-2013, 05:39 PM
Royal Highness

Kate has some lovely evening wear but not this time. I don't like it. It's too harsh, IMO.

While I'm never one to go on about her eyeliner, she's not used to wearing much makeup these days, as she overdid it quite a bit. Between the silver, which does not flatter her and the eyeliner, a very harsh and hard look.

IMO, she looks much better in softer colors, softer lines, and when she does not try to straighten her lovely hair too much, and with much less makeup.

But at least she got to have a night out.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:47 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Kate has some lovely evening wear but not this time. I don't like it. It's too harsh, IMO.

While I'm never one to go on about her eyeliner, she's not used to wearing much makeup these days, as she overdid it quite a bit. Between the silver, which does not flatter her and the eyeliner, a very harsh and hard look.

IMO, she looks much better in softer colors, softer lines, and when she does not try to straighten her lovely hair too much, and with much less makeup.

But at least she got to have a night out.
I tend to feel the same way about her eyeliner... IMO, it was pretty heavy-handed tonight. But at least she's not doing the whole Scouse Brow thing anymore! Also, I'm a sucker for updos, and her hair would have looked gorgeous in an updo tonight. Despite my personal preferences, I still think she looked amazing! And she gave birth not even 2 months ago? WOW! Hope I look half as good as that after I have a baby!
Old 09-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Waay too much glitter and eye make-up. She still looked lovely, however. (She still needs to do something else with all of that hair. It's getting out of control).
Old 09-12-2013, 07:18 PM
Heir Apparent

I didn't like the blousy top with the panels and I think jewel tones flatter Kate so much more rather than the glitter. Hair up, less eyeliner and a stronger lipstick would have really rocked her look. Considering she gave birth less than two months ago, though, she does look lovely for her first night out on the town.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I didn't like the blousy top with the panels and I think jewel tones flatter Kate so much more rather than the glitter. Hair up, less eyeliner and a stronger lipstick would have really rocked her look. Considering she gave birth less than two months ago, though, she does look lovely for her first night out on the town.

I agree; I think the dress would look better if only the top was sequins and the skirt plain.

Still, she looks wonderful.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:40 PM
Serene Highness

Nice. Wish she had done her her up, though.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

I thought she looked great. Love the all glitter dress and empire, blousy bodice but we couln't see it too well because of all the hair!!
Hair up please! Then we could see the back and the earrings!
I remember going to a wedding at about that stage and all I thought about was hoping my nursing pads would hold up! Nice with less eyebrows and makeup.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:40 PM
Serene Highness

Wow!! Kate looks amazing and only two months after George...Pretty impressive.

Jenny Packam's having a pretty good week. First CP Victoria wears one of her dresses to her Cousin's Wedding and then tonight w/Kate's first big evening out since HLRH* was born. Not bad at all and I know there's something wrong w/the spelling, but not sure what, so please don't nail me too hard there. :)

*HLRH in this house stands for His Little Royal Highness. :)
Old 09-12-2013, 08:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Putting this here for all of us who found the Duchess less than 100% perfect.

William did not bother to shoot his cuffs after he got out of the car. No cuff, no cuff link showing. Horrors.
I may not sleep tonight.
The two important things I did learn were that you are as powerful and strong as you allow yourself to be, and that the most difficult part of any endeavor is taking the first step, making the first decision"Robyn Davidson
Old 09-12-2013, 09:20 PM
Royal Highness

She looks stunning , I liked her looks , shes really Amazing Lady , But I just see Tiredness in her face , Body shape & hair looks perfect , But her face looks so Tired due of take caring of the Baby .
Old 09-12-2013, 10:05 PM
Heir Apparent

LOL it didn't take long for "Team Up Do" to reappear. Just waiting for "Team Tiara" to raise their heads.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:18 PM
Aristocracy

WOW.

She looks GREAT!

Sure, I've got my nitpicks, but I figure WHY nitpick, since, overall, she looks SO good only two months after having a baby?

Very nice!
Old 09-12-2013, 10:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
LOL it didn't take long for "Team Up Do" to reappear. Just waiting for "Team Tiara" to raise their heads.
Now, I'm being realistic about the chances of her wearing a tiara in the near future to be nil, but hope springs eternal that she will make the connection that an obviously sophisticated gown calls for an obviously sophisticated hairstyle rather than the usual mop of hair worn down. A French twist or a chignon would have blown that look out of the water.

Team Updo RULES!

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge eveningwear, duchess of cambridge gala dress, eveningwear, fashion