The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
I don't like the gown but love the bag....
I loved how the red of the bag popped against the black of the gown.....

Old 11-08-2012, 11:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

I do love the gown too and the heavier shadow or false eyelashes. Too bad her hair was down with this dress, really ruined the look of it for me.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:12 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't think that the Festival of Remembrance is formal, although I could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
I love the dress, but I think the look would be more appropriate at a function like the Festival of Remembrance at The Royal Albert Hall.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:53 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

The red clutch looks good, thats about it. I never liked this dress, quite frumpy, and Kate has the worst posture of all Princesses (along with Mette Marit). Hair hanging down and Kate slouching along ... whats new.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I'm pleased to see Kate rewearing one of her evening dresses.
Same here.

I think it is a nice dress, not my favourite, but very appropriate for the occassion. Also good to see she glammed it up a bit with the red clutch.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:39 AM
Serene Highness

Ugh. No like this get up. Makes her look terribly older than her years.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen
Tonight Catherine is wearing Alice Temperley, a repeat of the dress worn to the War Horse premiere in 2010.
http://twitter.com/Wilkinson_David/s...439616/photo/1
Yup, the dress looks old... The woman across from her is sporting the same look, but is closer in age to her in-laws than her!
Old 11-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Black lace dresses are very popular in the UK for all ages - they are not considered to be just for "older" women which appears to be the view of many of the US contributers.

But it is definitely a look that that people seem to either love or hate!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I think black lace can actually be pretty flattering. This particular dress, however, is not my cup of tea.
Don't hate it, just not one of my favourites. Kate looks good in it though.

What I really, really dislike is the hairstyle. Yes, I know I probably say this for every evening outing where Kate has her hair in her usual style but I really do think that some effort could be made for an evening look. I'm not saying she should have gone for an elaborate hairdo, just something different.
Yes, Kate has gorgeous, healthy looking hair and the current style is probably her comfort zone, but I wish she was a bit more adventurous.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Majesty

I have no isdues with her recycling. The drrss is not bad; a bit too much lace, but not too bad.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
I do love the gown too and the heavier shadow or false eyelashes. Too bad her hair was down with this dress, really ruined the look of it for me.
I too love this gown and have to agree with you about the hair. I do wish she would have pulled it back, even a half up would have been good for me. But it just looked sloppy this latest outing.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Temperley London*|*Amoret lace gown*|*NET-A-PORTER.COM

It is an all right dress. It will do for Duchess of Cambridge. If I had such amount to spend on a dress, I would have bought another one.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:08 PM
Aristocracy

I didn't care for the black lace dress the first time Catherine wore it and my opinion hasn't changed. I just can't warm up to the light fabric under the black lace. I know it allows the pattern of the lace to show through but I prefer to see the underdress or lining made of the same color as the lace. It seems more elegant that way. Also, thank goodness she had that horrible skull removed from the McQueen clutch. In its original form it is revolting.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I don't think that the Festival of Remembrance is formal, although I could be wrong.
I know the ceremony at the Cenotaph isn't, but doesn't HM and other members of the BRF attend a concert at TRAH this time of year for veterans that is?
I thought it was called Festival of Remembrance, could be mistaken!
Old 11-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal
I know the ceremony at the Cenotaph isn't, but doesn't HM and other members of the BRF attend a concert at TRAH this time of year for veterans that is?
I thought it was called Festival of Remembrance, could be mistaken!
It took place on Saturday evening. Neither Catherine nor William attended. It seems to be an event for full time royals.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, you're right. It's an evening event but the style is more "somber cocktail-hour" rather than full-length dresses.

[QUOTE=roseroyal;1482387]I know the ceremony at the Cenotaph isn't, but doesn't HM and other members of the BRF attend a concert at TRAH this time of year for veterans that is?
QUOTE]
Old 11-23-2012, 01:29 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Posts discussing Duchess of Cambridge's fashion on her recent outing has been moved to the
The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 10

Thread
Old 11-27-2012, 03:48 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Kate today at The Natural History Museum's Treasures Gallery opening:

- Hair and makeup

- Close up of the outfit
- Complete outfit
- Side view

I'm not normally a fan of this particular style but I actually like this dress; maybe the colour saves it for me.

Is it just me or Kate is wearing a lot less makeup than usual? She appears to have used a softer colour (taupe or light brown) for an eyeliner instead of the horrible black, and the blush looks much softer and natural-looking too (probably a cream one).

Just a little information on the dress: Kate is wearing the same Mulberry "Cabbage" dress she had worn ia back in November of 2011 at the Reception For Media to mark the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations. Just in case someone from DM is reading this, the dress has a £1400 price tag.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Serene Highness

I love the colour and Catherine looks beautiful tonight :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Is it just me or Kate is wearing a lot less makeup than usual? She appears to have used a softer colour (taupe or light brown) for an eyeliner instead of the horrible black, and the blush looks much softer and natural-looking too (probably a cream one).
I notice it around her eyes. Less eye makeup, although she always looks beautiful to me
Old 11-27-2012, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent

If the hem were lower I think the proportion would work better. It's nice to see softer makeup and different hair cut.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge eveningwear, duchess of cambridge gala dress, eveningwear, fashion