The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 06:46 PM
Serene Highness

Catherine is always picture perfect. Million watt smile and an elegant but fun dress sense, all without a single stylist or Lady in Waiting.
I hold the BRF to high standards and Catherine always passes muster with me

Old 10-25-2012, 10:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
I dont think they are bra straps - I think they are the sapghetti straps of the slip part of the dress -continuing up from the scoop neck
They look like they are adjustable, though.
So that says bra straps to me.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well I really don't like this dress and I am pleased someone else posted about the bra straps .. it's a bit matronly but maybe it doesn't photogragh well I can see the appeal but it just didn't work for me IMO. She ould do a whole lot better.IMO
Old 10-25-2012, 04:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
They look like they are adjustable, though.
So that says bra straps to me.
In either case, slip or bra strap - there were better style choices for those of us who found this distracting.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:37 AM
Aristocracy

This dress needs to boxed, packed away and forgotten. Forever.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:14 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria's Secret View Post
This dress needs to boxed, packed away and forgotten. Forever.
Can't believe I'm saying this (as I usually like anything she wears) but I definitely agree with this :(
Old 11-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Tonight Catherine is wearing Alice Temperley, a repeat of the dress worn to the War Horse premiere in 2010.
http://twitter.com/Wilkinson_David/s...439616/photo/1
Old 11-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Courtier

No not the spider-web dress again. Honestly this is the one dress I really don't like.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:51 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit
No not the spider-web dress again. Honestly this is the one dress I really don't like.
It's a vile dress, and the newspapers are going to go for the 'frugal' Catherine chatter because it's recycled. It should stay in the wardrobe.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Heir Apparent

I think HRH looks delicious tonight. The First Lady was blasted on the net over wearing a recycled dress on Election night the other day. I think if you paid a lot of money for something like that, you should be able to wear again.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:24 PM
Courtier

I think she looks nice - and I like that she changed her accessories. And as much I like her hair down .... which I do - I do wish when she is wearing these dresses that have an interesting neckline, she would wear it up or back off her shoulders so we could enjoy more of the elegant detailing. she wore the red crystal poppy pin and you can barely make it out.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:13 PM
Heir Apparent

I like this dress and she looks good in it.

I would say that given this is an event which is about supporting a university of high status in its attempt to increase funds, wearing a new dress and the resultant expenditure would be a mistake.

St Andrews and the university life is seen by many as elitist; regardless of the facts, many think that the taxpayer pays for William and Catherine.

Good look plus good PR - has my vote.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-08-2012, 05:17 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm pleased to see Kate rewearing one of her evening dresses.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I'm pleased to see Kate rewearing one of her evening dresses.
I like seeing the outfits that Kate wears recycled too but this dress doesn't really do much for her at all. For some odd reason I've always kind of associated black lace with more matronly figures or a somber occasion. Kate has so many gowns that really flatter her and I really wish she had picked one of those instead.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Here is the dress that she wore at another event. Never liked this dress at all. That kind of lace just ages her to me. Would look better on an older woman in my opinion.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Kate needed to rewear one of her evening dresses - she doesnt attend many black tie functions and it's good that she doesnt just get a new dress per function. Love the addition of the red clutch

Her eye makeup is much darker than normal. And it would have been nice to have her hair up at this event to show of the lace work on the dress.

Kate Middleton gives lacy gown a second outing to celebrate St Andrews University's 600th birthday | Mail Online

Old 11-08-2012, 07:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Tonight Catherine is wearing Alice Temperley, a repeat of the dress worn to the War Horse premiere in 2010.
Twitter / Wilkinson_David: Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, ...
I love the dress, but I think the look would be more appropriate at a function like the Festival of Remembrance at The Royal Albert Hall.
Plus I am disappointed that it is not a new dress( though applaud Catherine for being thrifty, if that makes any sense.)
William in a tux- 11 out of 10.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
St Andrews and the university life is seen by many as elitist; regardless of the facts, many think that the taxpayer pays for William and Catherine.

Good grief, I really don't have much hope for our future if people believe getting a good education is elitist.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Good grief, I really don't have much hope for our future if people believe getting a good education is elitist.
I don't disagree with your view but in recent years, with the issues of increased student fees (or "loans") plus many universities deciding to charge the maximum of £9000 pa, all in a terrible financial climate - I think that many have that view.

And having reread by sentence above - perhaps I need help with both my grammar and punctuation!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-08-2012, 08:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't like the gown but love the bag....

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge eveningwear, duchess of cambridge gala dress, eveningwear, fashion