The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 4: August 2012 - October 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything that is old becomes new again and although I'm a young guy and don't follow fashion that much, from what I've read, the colour and style of Catherine's dress are very much 'on trend' so I guess its to each their own.

Not a fan of the dress or the bangs on Kate.

I suppose we'll agree to disagree since this is a dress I could easily see Princess Anne, the Queen of Retro Fashion Recycling, pulling from her flashback closet and wearing to a current appearance.

Last edited:
Tarlita said:
Dear Duchess of Cambridge, if you are reading these forums then please take heed and employ a professional stylist so we can admire your natural beauty in more flattering attire. cheers

Dear Tarlita, please recognize that you don't have to denigrate the Duchess of Cambridge, talking down to her from the hardly unique position of a computer, just because you don't like her clothes. Cheers.

casualfan said:
Dear Tarlita, please recognize that you don't have to denigrate the Duchess of Cambridge, talking down to her from the hardly unique position of a computer, just because you don't like her clothes. Cheers.

How is calling a dress unflattering and suggesting she hire a stylist "denigrating" the DoC? This is a fashion thread, right?

I start having real doubts about my fashion sense because I actually liked the green dress; I thought Kate looked kind of cute in it.
And to make matters worse, I like the hair too. :hiding:

I start having real doubts about my fashion sense because I actually liked the green dress; I thought Kate looked kind of cute in it.
No need to question your fashion sense. If you like Camilla's black Laura Ingalls Wilder outfit from from tonight's engagement , you have very unique tastes :p

:previous:

It would appear to be the case. ;)

I do think the Duchess of Cornwall looks very nice - and not just sartorial-wise but because of the makeup and jewellery; she's positively glowing.

The same was true about the Duchess of Cambridge - I thought she was just glowing. That's probably why I liked the dress which is not, as I had stated before, something I would normally like or endeavour to wear myself.

Dear Duchess of Cambridge, if you are reading these forums then please take heed and employ a professional stylist so we can admire your natural beauty in more flattering attire. cheers

What is so magical about hiring a stylist?
You just get someone else's taste instead of your own!
What happens if that person's taste is even worse?

(And a stylist is just another ordinary person anyway; if circumstances were different, I could see where Kate herself might even be a stylist for someone else!) :whistling:

A stylist is hired to enhance another person's personal style, not to totally change a style. If not a stylist, then a dresser at least. The woman can't even get a bow belt the right way up. Seems she only cares about her hair.

Luckily the only opinion that matters is the British public's, and judging from the reaction Catherine receives from the public, they love everything about her, including her style.

Eve2Eden said:
How is calling a dress unflattering and suggesting she hire a stylist "denigrating" the DoC? This is a fashion thread, right?

She (and a lot of others posting here) aren't just saying, 'I don't like the dress,' or even 'wow, her style isn't to my liking' or 'that dress is hideous,'

No, the comments are now just downright rude and sanctimonious: she needs to hire a stylist because clearly she doesn't know how to dress; there's some ridiculous confabulation to ignore the fact that her clothes are ugly.

It's not the personal opinions I argue with, it's the sanctimonious, 'we know better than you,' 'someone help this poor girl' tone.

Since this isn't the place to discuss this (sorry), I'd be happy to discuss this in PMs or in another thread.

I'm not too keen on the dress or the hairstyle, in fact the more I see pics from last night I find I'm disliking the look with a greater intensity. And I was so looking forward to an evening outfit - when is the next one?

For sure you can like the dress itself.
The dress on her is just a big no. Maybe on Alexa Chung and possé but it doesn't really seem like her style all that much.
I know she has to dress modest but she's shown quite a lot of times before that she can dress really well for her age and position.

And honestly, I don't see why a 30 year old woman would want to look cute.

For those interested, it has been indentified as a Jenny Packham gown

So stunning! And William in a tuxedo is not half bad either!:D:lol:

Catherine looking stunning in Jenny Packham at the Tusk Trust Awards.

Kate Middleton Pictures - Kate Middleton Hits the Red Carpet in Style - Zimbio

She looks terrific. Reading some of the past comments - wow, harsh. Can you imagine if she DID hire a stylist??? Even more complaining. People complain when she looks good, when she looks bad, when she puts a belt on wrong??? Glad I'm not her. There have been plenty she has worn that I intensely disliked, but I never linked it to her intelligence.

Wow, she looks incredible! Her taste in evening wear is often hit-or-miss (or, hit-or-snooze) to me, but I love the dress and I think she looks fantastic.

An updo would have been nice but she looked stunning!

I agree she looks very lovely in the gown, but the eye liner is very severe tonight (I think there's evidence of late nights with baby).

I agree she looks very lovely in the gown, but the eye liner is very severe tonight (I think there's evidence of late nights with baby).

I agree, I wish she would switch to a lighter, more subtle shade for her eyeliner. That said, she looks incredible for just having a baby. It took me eons to get the baby weight off!!! LOL

I don't like that silver dress at all. The material looks thick and heavy and those clompy silver sandals I have hated since the first time she wore them in LA. She's got such a nice face and figure and could look so much better but it's going to have to start with sorting out that hippie hair which was on show again tonight.

Glitter overload and I love it. I prefer her hair up but she obviously prefers it down so whatever. She looks lovely albeit tired, which is expected.

[edit] I stopped loving the dress until I saw the slip underneath. Meh.

Last edited:
The Duchess looked lovely tonight and great to see her back post baby!

Kate has some lovely evening wear but not this time. I don't like it. It's too harsh, IMO.

While I'm never one to go on about her eyeliner, she's not used to wearing much makeup these days, as she overdid it quite a bit. Between the silver, which does not flatter her and the eyeliner, a very harsh and hard look.

IMO, she looks much better in softer colors, softer lines, and when she does not try to straighten her lovely hair too much, and with much less makeup.

But at least she got to have a night out. :p

Kate has some lovely evening wear but not this time. I don't like it. It's too harsh, IMO.

While I'm never one to go on about her eyeliner, she's not used to wearing much makeup these days, as she overdid it quite a bit. Between the silver, which does not flatter her and the eyeliner, a very harsh and hard look.

IMO, she looks much better in softer colors, softer lines, and when she does not try to straighten her lovely hair too much, and with much less makeup.

But at least she got to have a night out. :p

I tend to feel the same way about her eyeliner... IMO, it was pretty heavy-handed tonight. But at least she's not doing the whole Scouse Brow thing anymore! :flowers: Also, I'm a sucker for updos, and her hair would have looked gorgeous in an updo tonight. Despite my personal preferences, I still think she looked amazing! And she gave birth not even 2 months ago? WOW! Hope I look half as good as that after I have a baby! :)

Waay too much glitter and eye make-up. She still looked lovely, however. (She still needs to do something else with all of that hair. It's getting out of control).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom