The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 3: February 2012 - August 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 3 of the thread for The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear!

You can find the old thread here:

** The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear, Part 2: November 2011 - February 2012 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

How do they know it took 4 hours in the salon? That can't be true. I"ve never heard of that. Any big city salon will be quicker, not slower, with everything, especially with a high profile client She could be having her hair colored, it looks it, but really I can't imagine more than 2 hours.
At least her hair is out of her face since she's been married.

why shouldn't it be possible that it took 4 hours ? Last time I went to my hairdress, I had my hair dyed plus several highlights, cut and styled and it took 3,5 hours .... I can't understand why this is such a big deal for some users.

Yes, if any color is involved (and she may have both lowlights and highlights - I think she does), it can easily take that long. Perhaps she had a mani-pedi while there too (anyone get a good look at her nails?) I'm really joking a bit here. But if you go to a nice salon here just for a pedicure, it takes the better part of an hour and one gets a nice foot massage and a massage chair and a little swirling spa thing for one's feet. Getting gel nails (highly recommended, btw, and very popular - acrylics are a thing of the past) is faster - maybe 30-40 minutes. But that's almost 2 hours and the hair hasn't even been touched...

Yes, 4 hours would be right since I believe she must get a keratin straightening treatment to keep her naturally wavy hair so smooth and shiny.

I think he had to have done several things to be 4 hours, for a blow shouldnt be so much time! ecept they do more staff on her becasue she is the Princess?

If she's had her hair washed, conditioned, dyed and then blow dried and styled it could very easily take that long. I'm sure it cost a pretty penny too.

With the way her hair looks, I'd be surprised if it took less time to get it nicely done. Just getting one's hair washed, conditioned, cut and blow dried takes about an hour and a half, so for all she must have had done, four hours is about right.

I'm not a girl who goes to the hairdresser a lot. Kate's hair always looks great, but I just assumed you could accomplish that look with some basic washing and conditioning and a curling iron at home. It still looks like she curled it in a different style than usual.

Yes, 4 hours would be right since I believe she must get a keratin straightening treatment to keep her naturally wavy hair so smooth and shiny.
Thank you for that info, I forgot she has naturally wavy hair.
In NYC, everyone is in such a rush, any nail treatments are done at the same time as the hair.

Kate's got the golden touch! Everything she wears seems to turn out lucrative for the respective company.

I was over on the Royal Hat Gallery when I saw a series of photo's that illustrate the premise that Catherine is spending a lot more time and money on her hair these days. I am using the hat shots because they focus in on her hair and face particularly. And it takes time and money to achieve the healthy. glossy, wavy hair . . . . .

The Duchess of Cambridge is becoming a style icon known for her hats

Compare the colour and condition of her hair in the 1st shot with that of the 2nd.

Kate Middleton couronnée : en photos, l'année décoiffante de la reine du chapeau

And shot number 29 says it all. Use the zoom feature for a real closeup.

Last edited:
Is it just me or has she not worn her hair back since her scar was noticed and made a huge deal of?

I really hope that's not the reason, since her hair looks lovely that way and it would be a shame if she were self-conscious because of that revelation. No doubt, this is the style she's most comfortable with although she does need to change it up and experiment more.

Last edited:
I loved Kate's lavender dress for the Canada tour and the Grecian dress because I thought the long, flowing skirts looked wonderful. However, I'd like to see Kate wear a tiara again.

I really hope that's not the reason, since her hair looks lovely that way and it would be a shame if she were self-conscious because of that revelation. No doubt, this is the style she's most comfortable with although she does need to change it up and experiment more.

I've seen the "scar" photos. If it is a scar, it needs some additional cosmetic surgery, as it sure does look like a hair extension clip.

I don't care if she wears hair extensions, wigs or any other enhancement. They are just fashion accessories same as a scarf, a necklace or makeup.

Kate doesn't usually wear her hair up anyway. Perhaps she doesn't like it away from he face for whatever reason. Even on her wedding day, she had a side swipped bang. It seems too soon to definitely say she hasn't worn her hair up again because of the hoopla over her scar, at least IMO.

I'm happy to hear everyone es opinion, this forum is great for respecting everyone's opinion. I guess I was just thinking out loud,hope I am wrong.

Last edited:
Not a fan of the look. I don't think the details looks good against the dress.

Perfectly nice dress for this kind of event where some people are in jeans and others are in full on evening gown. The detailing is really pretty and lifts what would otherwise be a plain dress.

Glad to see her giving Matthew Williamson some love, he's underrated in my opinion.

I think the African stones on the neckline and sleeves are an homage to the film's subject matter. She looks good, but I think the grey and turquoise are an odd color combo. All in all she always look nice if a little safe...but safe it's good.

Last edited:
I like the look a lot. And her eye makeup looks great! She's using hardly any dark eyeliner, and it opens her eyes up a lot and makes her look younger.

Really like this - its a beautiful pale grey and the turquoise and gold at the neck and sleeves are quite special. Love the peplum detail. Always difficult to get the right balance at something (a) that includes meeting up with children; and (b) starts at 18:00. I never expected full-on evening dress so not disappointed at all.

Very nice outfit and make up.
Did she lightened her hair?
But i start being fed up of these eternal cluch bags. Tiring.

She looks lovely, as usual. However, I'm always perplexed by how she always, always, always, holds her hands in front of her. Her clutch is always held in her hands in front of her mid-section. I've seen so many other royal woman hold their clutches under their arms so their hands are free by their sides.

'Just curious ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom