The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 3: February 2012 - August 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the dress is superb and the color is amazing ; finally different hairdo !

Finally her hair is up - and what a big disappointment, she looks much more better with her hair down. The up hairdo just highlights her thinness which is also seen in her face, and makes her look much older. The cleavage is too revealing and doesn't work well on a woman who has so little to show. The colour of the dress is very lovely indeed, and the colour suits her well.

I think she knows that having her hair down is a better bet for her for a variety of reasons- but she is a very pretty woman and having her hair up is a very freeing and elegant look for her. As someone mentioned, one can very easily see a tiara tucked in there or glittery hairpins.

I found her ensemble and whole look overall very fetching, with only minor issues. The gown is gorgeous - love the way the designer worked with the fabric and folds and lace and colors - really cutting edge to my mind. Loved the flow of it as she walked. Must have been wonderful to wear, feeling the dress ripple about one. Is it silk?

I agree - I am surprised nobody has pointed out before. I find the neckline far too low on this dress. Not a fan of the lace at all, the "shoulder pads" are ugly and the backside is painful to watch.

On the positive side - the colour is gorgeous and I absolutely love the hairdo. The eye make up is too harsh for me but Kate looks very pretty.

Have to agree - the back is painful to look at. We will have no surcease from the make-up any time soon it appears, either. But she really did look quite lovely in this outing - and very happy and seemingly relaxed.

Last edited:
With regard to the low back, if you look carefully at the pictures from the back, there seems to be a line of color change right below her shoulder blades. I have decided that there is a nude lining of some kind from that point down.

I thought Catherine looked lovely, though there is something that is keeping me from saying this dress is my favorite. Unfortunately, I can't put my finger on what it is.

I like her hairdo, although it exposes her bad posture. :sad:
It's amazing what a good straight posture does to you and the gown you wear.

With regard to the low back, if you look carefully at the pictures from the back, there seems to be a line of color change right below her shoulder blades. I have decided that there is a nude lining of some kind from that point down.

Actually, you're right about the flesh-toned material, but I believe its starts just below her neck right at the top button. You can also see it on her shoulders as well.

Finally her hair is up - and what a big disappointment, she looks much more better with her hair down. The up hairdo just highlights her thinness which is also seen in her face, and makes her look much older. The cleavage is too revealing and doesn't work well on a woman who has so little to show. The colour of the dress is very lovely indeed, and the colour suits her well.

While Catherine is very thin I don't think this is ugly on her.
It's funny to hear you pointing to her thinness while you never do it for one of your favourite royal (Letizia) who is in my opinion bonny (remember her ugly back in a strapless purple dress in William and Catherine pre wedding dinner hosted by the queen not to mention her skinny arms)

I think Catherine looked absolutly gorgeous.Everything looked perfect:dress,hairdo,shoes and even the heavy make-up which was ok for an evening event.
Lady Finn,while you say the dress is revealing you say that she has nothing to reveal that's funny
I don't think the cleavage is revealing and more important she doesn't look vulgar.

Last edited:
While Catherine is very thin I don't think this is ugly on her.
It's funny to hear you pointing to her thinness while you never do it for one of your favourite royal (Letizia) who is in my opinion bonny (remember her ugly back in a strapless purple dress in William and Catherine pre wedding dinner hosted by the queen not to mention her skinny arms)

Letizia is in a whole a petite woman, Kate is a tall woman, 10 cm taller than Letizia. That makes a big difference to me.

Letizia is in a whole a petite woman, Kate is a tall woman, 10 cm taller than Letizia. That makes a big difference to me.

I don't think they have the same weight
For me one look healthy the other no

Am thrilled to see the hair up... like the colour of the gown on her and the bit of lace is just charming enough she looked really cute.IMO

A very lovely look, perfection! Hopefully Catherine will opt for more color in the future as she wears it well and it really is stunning on her. I would not be surprised, however, if she sticks to nuetrals when she is in the company of the other royal ladies simply because color on her makes her stand out even more.

She's finally heading in the right direction when it comes to style and versatility.

Kate looks magnificent and Wiliam looks ever so proud of her, and he has every right to be so

Maybe William volunteered for that arduous task, though his fingers aren't quite delicate enough for doing up those small buttons!:lol:

I think Kate's hair looks great at this event. I also got a good glimpse of the shoes and they do seem to be the same Jimmy Choos she wore with the white dress; they work much better with this dress IMO. Seeing her in a dress like this makes me realize that summer is on the way for some and is already here for others.
As for the plunging neckline, I feel that it would be vulgar on someone who had a bountiful bosom because you would be able to see inside the dress and the side of their breast. But for someone like Kate I don't find it vulgar because nothing is being shown. I felt the same way with her wedding dress and Pippa's bridesmaids dress. People with different body types can get away with different fashion choices.

Last edited:
I think Kate's hair looks great at this event. I also got a good glimpse of the shoes and they do seem to be the same Jimmy Choos she wore with the white dress; they work much better with this dress IMO. Seeing her in a dress like this makes me realize that summer is on the way for some and is already here for others.
As for the plunging neckline, I feel that it would be vulgar on someone who had a bountiful bosom because you would be able to see inside the dress and the side of their breast. But for someone like Kate I don't find it vulgar because nothing is being shown. I felt the same way with her wedding dress and Pippa's bridesmaids dress. People with different body types can get away with different fashion choices.
If you can see the inside and the side, the woman shouldn't even be wearing that dress, because that's an ill-fitting one.

My thoughts exactly, the long hair and slouch have gone together and are a very common bad habit.

Catherine looked really lovely, I love her hair, it's nice that she wore it up for a change although she looks quite stunning with her hair down too. The dress is fantastically beautiful, I'm normally not very fond of teal dresses, but this one is really beautiful, if she wasn't as thin as she is I think it would suit her a bit better, but I definitely don't think it looks silly on her just because she's thin. A really wonderful look.

My thoughts exactly, the long hair and slouch have gone together and are a very common bad habit.

This is the one factor that detracts enough to make her normal, not regal. Once you see it it's hard to watch. Mary of Denmark either always had or has developed a regal stance - which just means good posture: her shoulders are back and her head up, aligned with her spine. Makes all the difference but if not trained early it has to be a conscious discipline to hold the correct posture.

Talking about her hair-do, while the design is nice, it's not properly done. If you compare hers to Mary, I find her hairdo has too many stray hairs popping up here and there. It's not been smooth down properly before braiding.

This is the one factor that detracts enough to make her normal, not regal. Once you see it it's hard to watch. Mary of Denmark either always had or has developed a regal stance - which just means good posture: her shoulders are back and her head up, aligned with her spine. Makes all the difference but if not trained early it has to be a conscious discipline to hold the correct posture.

i think a lot of her posture has to do with the veru high heels she wears. they pitch you forward and it is almost impossible to stay squared shoulder.

Talking about her hair-do, while the design is nice, it's not properly done. If you compare hers to Mary, I find her hairdo has too many stray hairs popping up here and there. It's not been smooth down properly before braiding.

Mary's hair is more silky and less tick comparing with Kate's hair, but she does look good with an updo.

Should we really be comparaing Kate's updo with Mary's? I think not. Discussing and comparing are not the same.

Finally an updo!
She looked beautiful with her hair like that. Hope she does that more often.

Should we really be comparaing Kate's updo with Mary's? I think not. Discussing and comparing are not the same.

Maybe people can't help to think about Mary as she's knowen by her updos, also because Kate never wore her hair up, but she really looks stunning, and we don't have to compare, because they don't have the same quality of hairs.

I think Kate looks nice wether she have her hair up or down then again it depends on the dress and her choice to hairstyle. The dress she wore on the other hand I didn't like very much I think it's because of the lace back with buttons but the color is nice.

I think Kate looks nice wether she have her hair up or down then again it depends on the dress and her choice to hairstyle. The dress she wore on the other hand I didn't like very much I think it's because of the lace back with buttons but the color is nice.

I do too, but it's refreshing to change up once in awhile.

I do think the dress required her hair to be up. I bet she would've worn it down, but her hair would've taken away the beauty of the dress. Wonder if she needed some coaxing to put it up.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom