The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 3: February 2012 - August 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Kate's hairstyle, I've noticed in some of her casual, candid photos (like the Scouts), she wears her hair up. She probably does this quite a bit in her private life to save the time and energy of styling all that hair of hers. It makes sense to me, then, that when she engages a hairdresser for public occasions she wants the full, blown out, long look that is difficult to achieve on her own. That and Prince William might prefer it that way! ;)

There are also some Kate fans who can't deal with any criticism of their fave. It gets just as boring to read the martyred Kate posts just because some don't like absolutely everything about every appearance. The same critiques are post because she doesn't change some basic things in 99% of her appearances. Plus I've seen some of the fans write equally vicious criticisms in the fashion threads of other royals. If you can dish it out then you have to be able to take the critiscism.

Well, I guess it goes both ways because I've seen people who have given harsh criticism about Kate, get really offended when their favorite royal's fashion choices are criticized.

I don't see other Princess changing their looks either and yet I don't see the same 10 pages of complaints for every appearance either.

Exactly.

Most of the royals have a distinct style and stick to it. Victoria usually wears a ponytail, Letizia prefers pantsuits, Madeleine sticks with lots of eyeliner and her hair half up, Charlene prefers nuetral colors, and so on and so on. Sure they may mix it up once in a while, but most go right back to their prefered style. There are only a few (like Maxima) that actually venture out of their comfort zone and surprise me with some of the things they wear.

Last edited:
It's just the never ending hair comments that annoy the he11 out of me. When there is a thread or mention of Kate's clothes you can be sure there are going to be post after post after post with the word "up do" in it. Like we need 5 pages of everyone saying the same freaking thing everytime Kate walks out a car door. WE GET IT! YOU DON'T LIKE HER HAIR DOWN! We don't need 50 mentions of it.

Last edited:
I sometime get sick of the same praise whether it here (rarely) or other princess tread. Everyone say that they have to right to post their opinion that is true, but most of the time "your" opinion has already been posted one post up. On these treads I'll be seeing the same comment, like she look fantastic in Green or she wear pancake makeup like a hooker would. And it would be the same comment even when I scroll down. It happen at the other Princesses tread too.

It's just the never ending hair comments that annoy the he11 out of me. When there is a thread or mention of Kate's clothes you can be sure there are going to be post after post after post with the word "up do" in it. Like we need 5 pages of everyone saying the same freaking thing everytime Kate walks out a car door. WE GET IT! YOU DON'T LIKE HER HAIR DOWN! We don't need 50 mentions of it.

Absolutely!
I don't mind criticism of Kate, I dislike some of her outfits too.

It's just the constant (and very repetitive) comments about that updo!
If she doesn't want her hair up, so be it.

I sometime get sick of the same praise whether it here (rarely) or other princess tread. Everyone say that they have to right to post their opinion that is true, but most of the time "your" opinion has already been posted one post up. On these treads I'll be seeing the same comment, like she look fantastic in Green or she wear pancake makeup like a hooker would. And it would be the same comment even when I scroll down. It happen at the other Princesses tread too.
Welcome to the world of forums, darling....
You should go check out TFS or any football forum, it's way worse than here.

Dear,please don't scream:D:D:D
Everybody is entitled to give his opinion.Don't take every criticism on Catherine's style as a personnal attack:flowers:
I personnaly dislike the way she styles her hair.When I like her fashion choices I tell it.Same thing when I dislike them.
Why shall I hide my opinion when it's negative.I am not insulting her by saying that I dislike her hairdo:ermm:
Many other royals have their hair down but at least it look correct.
Catherine's hair is always hidding her neckline.
You can have your hair down but styled in different ways.
My hair quality and color is exactly as Kate and I nearly always wear it down but I hate when it hides my face and neck.
Please,have a look at princess Ameerah of Saudia Arabia thread's.Ameerah has thick hair,It's always down but usually so chic.
When I was younger and less confident,I used to have my hair hidding my face like Catherine.So I guess it's the same thing for her.
I think with time she will gain confidence and will try new things.

Welcome to the world of forums, darling....
You should go check out TFS or any football forum, it's way worse than here.

It's very annoying and I've dislike some of Kate outfits and colors that she has worn. I stop going to the TFS, I think they are just a bunch repetitive snobs.

I honestly don't understand the fuss. It's a forum, it's a place where people can say almost anything they want. Why should I not be able to say what I want about her hair (of all things..) because three people don't know how to scroll faster and get annoyed? (No pun intended)

Since British women live to an average age of 82.3 we probably have around 50 more years of discussion around her hair. (thank goodness no trees are harmed for this discussion. :ROFLMAO: )

I am sure with time she will develop more confidence or a want to do more with her hair. I find her hair lovely atm. I agree that some outfits could do with less hair around her face/neckline so you could see the details of her dress and earrings.

I did make a post somewhere back that maybe a stylist would help with her clothing and hair choices. She does a nice job but I think if she maybe had a trusted professional she might be more willing to break out more and try more things. :flowers:

Or maybe she'll do like Elizabeth and keep the same hairstyle until she dies

Oh God, 50 more years of people complaining about the lack of an updo and a tiara.:eek:

:lol: Hilarious. Maybe she'll opt for a permanent updo like Princess Anne's.

Last edited:
Oh God, 50 more years of people complaining about the lack of an updo and a tiara.:eek:

Kill me now. Please?

I don't mind people saying they want to see her hair up, but when people start saying her hair looks awful I just don't understand. I don't think Kate's hair has ever looked really bad. It's so thick and shiny and luxuriant. This is probably as good as her hair is ever likely to look given how everyone's hair changes as they age. I don't blame her for wanting to enjoy it now.

Last edited:

Well, you like her hair down and we don't need 50 mentions about that from one poster - you.

Oh, and stop cursing. There's a reason you have to use one instead of l.

I think suggestions of 1) more tolerance on your part, or 2) realizing you don't have control of anyone else's thoughts.

If you are tired of those who don't agree with you, just put them on Ignore.

Last edited:
I think we will see some modifications of hairstyle when she becomes a mother. You do have a tendency to modify then. This year she has been trying very hard to learn her role and not to make any serious mistakes. Hopefully, she will become more relaxed with things. For me, I just get pleasure in watching all the royals. Sometimes they win and sometimes they lose, but it is always fun.

Off-topic posts have been removed.

Please stick to the topic of this thread - Catherine's fashion. Please be respectful of other's opinions.

What almost all the designers do when Kate wears some of their past season pieces - reissue them at full price, if not slightly more expensive that they were before. If they don't, there will be cheap copies for sale very quickly and the designer will miss out entirely.

I found it interesting that Roland Mouret did not know she had purchased the gown. I had assumed the the cream color was made for her, as the green dress was the more popular color.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kate's appearance in his dress is more beneficial to his business than even the Met Ball.

That is a glittering event, but there were lots of designers there, and one would tend to get lost in the crowd.

I found it interesting that Roland Mouret did not know she had purchased the gown. I had assumed the the cream color was made for her, as the green dress was the more popular color.

The green dress was the runway piece. The white might of been additional pieces the designer did not show but left it for the shops. Also sometimes designers do exclusive colors for certain department stores.

Woo hoo, at least that is one thing to cross off my list that I posted last night (that was deleted!!) although people will no doubt still find reasons to complain about her hair :bang:

Picture

I can't see this very well but think there is some jewellery and love the colour of her dress :)

Woo hoo, at least that is one thing to cross off my list that I posted last night (that was deleted!!) although people will no doubt still find reasons to complain about her hair :bang:

Picture

I can't see this very well but think there is some jewellery and love the colour of her dress :)

LOL

10 points for gryffindor

Kate looks gorgeous! I love the colour, the hair - everything, at least from the few pictures I can see.
- Full view 1
- Full view 2
- Hairstyle and jewellery

Glad she went for such a strong color, she wears it very well. The mix of the chiffon and lace is pretty. The detailing on the shoulder stitching is well made.
Glad she pulled her hair up, this is a dress that needed an up do. She looked really nice, she also looked quite radiant. I guess the color makes such an impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom