The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 3: February 2012 - August 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dress itself is absolutely gorgeous but styled like this there is something just not quite right. Maybe her hair should have been styled differently and the shoes are really distracting. The styling lacks - as always in my opinion - a certain "je ne sais quoi" and her red toes are just ghastly.

It's not been confirmed, but so far the consensus is that the dress is by Roland Mouret. Carla Brunii wore the dress in a different shade back in 2010.

The cream dress Kate was seen wearing to the... | For the Love of Catherine (scroll down to see Carla)

Just love the dress. Don't think it goes too well with her haircolor, just my impression.
A necklace and some kind of updo would have really improved the look of the dress.
The shoes don't go at all.

I think a necklace would have been too much. This type of dress needs minimal accessories.

Last edited:
:previous:
The dress in that green shade is absolutely fantastic. And it just goes to show a proper hairstyle can work wonders.

I agree. A different hairdo would have really made this dress pop.

The hair is really my only criticism though. I think this is one of her best outfits.

Last edited:
ok I've got over the green-eye re being able to wear a dress like this, although I will say she doesn't look so thin in it (so what chance have I got ;))

Cream is not easy to accessorise so I'd go for bronze or gold - not silver because its lost again all that cream. Perhaps a hip hugging belt to liven it up?

Not a great look overall. b+ and let's hope for some fireworks on Friday :lol:

Love the shoes & dress. Separately, I think it would have all looked great. A nice updo would have gone much better with the dress.

ok I've got over the green-eye re being able to wear a dress like this, although I will say she doesn't look so thin in it (so what chance have I got ;))

Cream is not easy to accessorise so I'd go for bronze or gold - not silver because its lost again all that cream. Perhaps a hip hugging belt to liven it up?

Not a great look overall. b+ and let's hope for some fireworks on Friday :lol:
I would actually go for green or pink. But it should either be earrings or a necklace, not both.

I absolutely love the dress - the design is simple and elegant. With the high neckline I think having her hair up would be nice.

:previous:I agree, an updo would have been ideal to show off the lovely neckline. This dress is gorgeous!

I think the shoes Carla Bruni chose to wear with the dress were horrendous, what was she thinking? Those shoes with a suit yes, evening gown, NO!!!!!

I think what Catherine is missing is a large statement earring in a strong color, like emerald, ruby, sapphire or deep amethyst or garnet. That would have given the whole look some pizzaz instead of ho hum.

Last edited:
Hair all over the place and very distracting from a very lovely gown with a nice neckline. An updo with a pair of dangling colored-stone earrings would have been just perfect to give this outfit some zing, or even a nice necklace. With a simple design, you need to accessorize well. I love the clutch and would have like to have seen those shoes in a closed toe like she usually wears.

Last edited:
It's a nice dress but nothing special. I like the shoes but I don't think it goes with the dress.

The dress itself is very nice, but its simplicity needs some others accesories (I would go for an updo and some impressive long earrings).
I quite like the shoes, but they look wrong with this dress.
Overall, beutiful dress, plain look.
PD. the clutch is super-cute. Love it!

I want those shoes, as someone said they are fierce! I think the look would have looked better with a blue dress...perhaps in a semi-shiny material.

I think the dress is great actually, but I don't like the styling. Normally, I'm not on Team Updo, and I think her hair usually looks great down, but with this dress- it overwhelmed the dress. She needed sleek hair and some amazing earrings to really make the look sophisticated.

I completely agree here, although I am usually on Team Updo ;)
Great dress, wrong style, hair is overpowering, Kate slouching along, hair & hands in front, usual bad posture, shoes & red toe nails are super-tacky with the dress. The make-up looks less severe than usual.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/05/08/article-2141445-12FE2298000005DC-742_634x587.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/05/08/article-2141445-12FE13CD000005DC-217_196x612.jpg
Purse
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/05/08/article-2141445-12FEABDC000005DC-548_306x334.jpg
Shoes
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/05/08/article-2141445-12FE173B000005DC-842_306x334.jpg

I love the red toenails, and I generally hate painted nails whatever the colour. Those shoes are incredibly fun and the red toenails are just a splash of bold colour. I wonder if Mr Kirkman was watching? ;)

This really is a WOW dress, in the best way. Anyone seeing what Gary Lineker's wife wore will see that Kate is sexy in an understated, classy way in this dress while Mrs Lineker just looks as if she's trying too hard.

Very nice outfit cluch and shoes, BUT it needed hair behind shoulder. They are too heavy before shoulders, and they hide the dress, who is rich in the waist are by it self.
I never noticed that she had these shoes before.
Who was complaining that she wears boring little pumps????

This is by far the height of chic and elegance. Kate does look absolutely exquisite. An "up" hair do might have just added that extra bit of panache. Otherwise a very lovely look.

Too mucht white...the dress is too long for the colour, maybe in another colour...and yes the shoes don't match with the dress at all, they are lovely but not with this dress...she is wearing very simple dresses, all in the same colour...I found that approach very wise...but this dress needs a bit more, the hair, some jewels...otherwise she doesn't shine at all...:flowers:

I don't care for the dress at all, there is nothing special about it besides a nice cut. This dress requires hair up which would've looked quite stunning. Unfortunately Kate manages to bore with hairstyle and doesn't really know when to have hair put up, left open or even pulled back. Jewelry, Kat needed some serious earrings with this dress, something colored.

I would like to see Catherine recycle this dress with a different pair of shoes, with her hair up, and with some series jewelry.

I agree!:flowers:
It's funny, just recently I read some criticism that she wears boring shoes, never open-toe.
But now that she has, some people dislike that.

I think the dress is fine, anything else would be too much with the shiny shoes and the dangling earrings.

Agree with you. :bang:

Credit to the criticisers for the consistency in the comments pretty much every time: hair too long, not styled right, dress too plain, not enough jewels. Might it be possible to respect Catherine's style as her own?

Last edited:
Agree with you. :bang:

Credit to the criticisers for the consistency in the comments pretty much every time: hair too long, not stkled right, dress to plain, not enough jewels. Might it be possible to respect Catherine's style as her own?

Right!!!
Everyone wants to change her according to their own tastes!
Nevertheless, this is the meaning of a forum. To discuss defferent opinions.

The dress practically screams for its boat neckline to be seen instead of being shrouded by that ever-present hair curtain, and consequently it screams for an updo... while the disco sandals might be considered fun, but certainly not with this dress.
In many pics you can also see that she simply doesn't have the confidence to wear a high front slit, so why go for it... just like dazzling, I don't care for the whole look.

I think the shoes Carla Bruni chose to wear with the dress were horrendous, what was she thinking? Those shoes with a suit yes, evening gown, NO!!!!!

Carla was thinking that as she's already some 4 inches taller than her husband, anything other than a kitten heal or flats would be a real blow to his ego. Sarkozy wears shoes which are stacked, and tries to surround himself at events with only short people to make him seem taller. To say that he's touchy about his height is putting it mildly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom