The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 04:11 PM
Royal Highness

I Think Overall She Looks Nice , But Not Successful Choice Not One Of Her Best , and The Outfit Miss Something , Thank you for Posting All .

Old 05-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the dress is great actually, but I don't like the styling. Normally, I'm not on Team Updo, and I think her hair usually looks great down, but with this dress- it overwhelmed the dress. She needed sleek hair and some amazing earrings to really make the look sophisticated.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:17 PM
Serene Highness

And can I say; those shoes are fierce. Werq.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Catherine's, Duchess of Cambridge, dress per se is fine.
On the other hand, the hairstyle is overwhelming. Sleek ironed hair would have been much better. Glittery shoes are cheap.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:19 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I think the dress is great actually, but I don't like the styling. Normally, I'm not on Team Updo, and I think her hair usually looks great down, but with this dress- it overwhelmed the dress. She needed sleek hair and some amazing earrings to really make the look sophisticated.
I agree abut the hair. I usually don't care whether she wears it up or down, but I think an updo would have really complimented this outfit. That aside, I think she looks wonderful. I really love the simplicity of the dress and I think the shoes are cute. All in all, this is one of my favorite outfits.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
And can I say; those shoes are fierce. Werq.
Haha I agree about the shoes! The dress on the other hand is ok, but the way she wore it makes it boring. It needs something extra.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Good lord but that's a stunning dress. It's amazing how something so simple can be transformed by a long, lean frame. On a shorter woman this would be awful, but on Kate it is glorious. The contrast with her dark hair is really eye-catching. Adore the Jimmy Choos as well.

One of her best ever looks.
I agree!
It's funny, just recently I read some criticism that she wears boring shoes, never open-toe.
But now that she has, some people dislike that.

I think the dress is fine, anything else would be too much with the shiny shoes and the dangling earrings.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Same shoes she wore at Bafta LA event. Don't remember any criticism then.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-08-2012, 04:48 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

She also wore the shoes to a reception in aid of the National Memorial Arboretum Appeal at St James's Palace on November 10, 2011 in London, England (with silver Jenny Packham dress). I disliked the shoes then, and I dislike them now. They did look better with silver dress though, whereas they just clash horribly with this cream one.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Just love the dress. Don't think it goes too well with her haircolor, just my impression.
A necklace and some kind of updo would have really improved the look of the dress.
The shoes don't go at all.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:57 PM
Courtier

The dress itself is absolutely gorgeous but styled like this there is something just not quite right. Maybe her hair should have been styled differently and the shoes are really distracting. The styling lacks - as always in my opinion - a certain "je ne sais quoi" and her red toes are just ghastly.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:04 PM

It's not been confirmed, but so far the consensus is that the dress is by Roland Mouret. Carla Brunii wore the dress in a different shade back in 2010.

The cream dress Kate was seen wearing to the... | For the Love of Catherine (scroll down to see Carla)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Just love the dress. Don't think it goes too well with her haircolor, just my impression.
A necklace and some kind of updo would have really improved the look of the dress.
The shoes don't go at all.
I think a necklace would have been too much. This type of dress needs minimal accessories.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The dress in that green shade is absolutely fantastic. And it just goes to show a proper hairstyle can work wonders.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:08 PM

I agree. A different hairdo would have really made this dress pop.

The hair is really my only criticism though. I think this is one of her best outfits.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:10 PM
Heir Apparent

ok I've got over the green-eye re being able to wear a dress like this, although I will say she doesn't look so thin in it (so what chance have I got )

Cream is not easy to accessorise so I'd go for bronze or gold - not silver because its lost again all that cream. Perhaps a hip hugging belt to liven it up?

Not a great look overall. b+ and let's hope for some fireworks on Friday

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Love the shoes & dress. Separately, I think it would have all looked great. A nice updo would have gone much better with the dress.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
ok I've got over the green-eye re being able to wear a dress like this, although I will say she doesn't look so thin in it (so what chance have I got )

Cream is not easy to accessorise so I'd go for bronze or gold - not silver because its lost again all that cream. Perhaps a hip hugging belt to liven it up?

Not a great look overall. b+ and let's hope for some fireworks on Friday
I would actually go for green or pink. But it should either be earrings or a necklace, not both.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Commoner

I think Roland Mouret's dress looks fabulous on Kate! It is quite a surprise to see Carla Bruni wear the same dress, in green, at a different function on the same night.
Carla Bruni : sa robe Roland Mouret affole la presse - Mode - Elle

Carla Bruni wears RM by the designer Roland Mouret - Telegraph

(silly me, yes Carla Bruni wore this dress in 2010)
Old 05-08-2012, 06:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I absolutely love the dress - the design is simple and elegant. With the high neckline I think having her hair up would be nice.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:20 PM
Nobility

I agree, an updo would have been ideal to show off the lovely neckline. This dress is gorgeous!