The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 3: February 2012 - August 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate looks very nice. Loving the whole look from head to toe. Nice to the updo.

Hooray for the hairdo! Been hoping for a low chignon and it really does show off her pretty face.
The dress is very flattering, don't like the flaps in the back below the belt.
I do think her makeup is very heavy handed.

I think Catherine really pulled out the stops here. The change in hairstyle allows us to see a very different dress than that on display in America. The neckline is full in interest and detail and we get to see it this time round!
Naggi said:
Wow! She looks beautiful. Almost a different person. Fantastic look! Fantastic hair style! Thumbs up!
I pinched that quote from the Current Events thread because it speaks to the "look" in the context of the occasion.

From this:
Kate Meets America in Cool Blue Dress (Updated: Jimmy Choo Shoes) » What Kate Wore

To this:
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

What a difference a year and an up do makes.

Just one question. Are those shoes slightly less stratospheric than usual or is it just my imagination?

Fabulous look on Catherine tonight. How I wish she had worn this exquisite chignon on her wedding day!

Boris said:
It could have been a very nice overall appearance if it wasn't for the overuse of make up.
Her face looks as if she painted everything twice, and this heavy-handed approach ages her considerably; facially, she could be a socialite in her 40s here.

Nope. Completely disagree. She looks amazing.

Just one question. Are those shoes slightly less stratospheric than usual or is it just my imagination?
Ah, I can answer that myself. 110 cm or 4.5 inches and a hidden platform! So that would be a no! Just the camera angles. What is it with so many photo's being taken from a downward angle anyway? :bang:

OK, that's my only whinge about this ensemble . . . stratospheric heels . . . again! Doesn't she get tired of looking down on 90% of the people she meets on her official engagements? :whistling:

I think Catherine really pulled out the stops here. The change in hairstyle allows us to see a very different dress than that on display in America. The neckline is full in interest and detail and we get to see it this time round!

I pinched that quote from the Current Events thread because it speaks to the "look" in the context of the occasion.

From this:
Kate Meets America in Cool Blue Dress (Updated: Jimmy Choo Shoes) » What Kate Wore

To this:
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

What a difference a year and an up do makes.

Like Kate Dress , she looks so chic , this time she wear it better than last time , she looks perfect .

Kate looks absolutely stunning. This is the most attractive hairdo we have seen. It frames her face most elegantly. This is wow factor without the need of a new outfit.

Very elegant look. Love her earrings and hairstyle. They enhance the whole ensemble.

Last edited:
The dress is great. The hair is outstanding. And I like the earrings better with this dress and hair much better tonight. Well done.

To me its one of the best looks of Kate for a long time. Dress is suitable, the colour is great on her, finally an updo with lovely earrings.

The hair up makes such a difference.

i also loved her hairstyle, i wish she would have done that same hairstlye for her wedding. She would have looked much more elegant

For this particular dress I think her hair works better down. The dress comes off to me as more modern and young while her hair looks quite middle aged. I do like the hairstyle just feel how she wore it last year fit better with the dress. I also like her shoes. I could see someone wearing this dress at the office, on an interview and even at a party.

...Just one question. Are those shoes slightly less stratospheric than usual or is it just my imagination?
The shoes are as high-heeled as ever.
She wore LK Bennett Harper shows which feature a hidden platform and a 4.5" heel (about 110mm).

I think Catherine looked very sophisticated last night, very much the royal pricess and future queen she is. The dress, hair, accessories were all perfect.

Whilst I do love her her the way she had it done for last night, I do think it makes her look a bit older, which in itself is not always a bad thing.

The height of chic, sophistication and elegance. Her hair style is ABSOLUTELY beautiful and the soft silver grey dress, though simple, is just gorgeous.

Kate looked lovely! The dress has a great color, flattering cut yet simple and the hairdo was done nicely. The only problem I had was that she was wearing far too much make up.
I hope she goes for this designer again, she actually does some really nice dresses with great color combo's.

It's a very nice look on the whole, but the hairstyle is too regal for the dress. It doesn't combine, in my opinion.

Does anyone have a picture when Kate first this dress? I read that she wore it first during the Canada/US tour.

I love the hair and the earrings look great but the dress is not a favourite of mine I think the hair is too smart for the dress [but it is up and that's a plus] and the dress is more day smart than smart evening IMO look she appears okay IMO the dress is nothing special IMO

To me its one of the best looks of Kate for a long time. Dress is suitable, the colour is great on her, finally an updo with lovely earrings.

The hair up makes such a difference.
Yes, quite classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom