The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 07:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kate looks very nice. Loving the whole look from head to toe. Nice to the updo.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hooray for the hairdo! Been hoping for a low chignon and it really does show off her pretty face.
The dress is very flattering, don't like the flaps in the back below the belt.
I do think her makeup is very heavy handed.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:22 PM
Heir Apparent

I think Catherine really pulled out the stops here. The change in hairstyle allows us to see a very different dress than that on display in America. The neckline is full in interest and detail and we get to see it this time round!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naggi
Wow! She looks beautiful. Almost a different person. Fantastic look! Fantastic hair style! Thumbs up!
I pinched that quote from the Current Events thread because it speaks to the "look" in the context of the occasion.

From this:
Kate Meets America in Cool Blue Dress (Updated: Jimmy Choo Shoes) » What Kate Wore

To this:
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

What a difference a year and an up do makes.

Just one question. Are those shoes slightly less stratospheric than usual or is it just my imagination?
Old 07-30-2012, 07:52 PM
Courtier

Fabulous look on Catherine tonight. How I wish she had worn this exquisite chignon on her wedding day!
Old 07-30-2012, 08:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris
It could have been a very nice overall appearance if it wasn't for the overuse of make up.
Her face looks as if she painted everything twice, and this heavy-handed approach ages her considerably; facially, she could be a socialite in her 40s here.
Nope. Completely disagree. She looks amazing.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Just one question. Are those shoes slightly less stratospheric than usual or is it just my imagination?
Ah, I can answer that myself. 110 cm or 4.5 inches and a hidden platform! So that would be a no! Just the camera angles. What is it with so many photo's being taken from a downward angle anyway?

OK, that's my only whinge about this ensemble . . . stratospheric heels . . . again! Doesn't she get tired of looking down on 90% of the people she meets on her official engagements?
Old 07-30-2012, 09:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I think Catherine really pulled out the stops here. The change in hairstyle allows us to see a very different dress than that on display in America. The neckline is full in interest and detail and we get to see it this time round!

I pinched that quote from the Current Events thread because it speaks to the "look" in the context of the occasion.

From this:
Kate Meets America in Cool Blue Dress (Updated: Jimmy Choo Shoes) » What Kate Wore

To this:
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

What a difference a year and an up do makes.

Like Kate Dress , she looks so chic , this time she wear it better than last time , she looks perfect .
Old 07-30-2012, 10:33 PM
Gentry

Kate looks absolutely stunning. This is the most attractive hairdo we have seen. It frames her face most elegantly. This is wow factor without the need of a new outfit.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:42 PM
Majesty

Very elegant look. Love her earrings and hairstyle. They enhance the whole ensemble.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

The dress is great. The hair is outstanding. And I like the earrings better with this dress and hair much better tonight. Well done.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:35 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

To me its one of the best looks of Kate for a long time. Dress is suitable, the colour is great on her, finally an updo with lovely earrings.

The hair up makes such a difference.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:36 AM
Commoner

i also loved her hairstyle, i wish she would have done that same hairstlye for her wedding. She would have looked much more elegant
Old 07-31-2012, 03:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

For this particular dress I think her hair works better down. The dress comes off to me as more modern and young while her hair looks quite middle aged. I do like the hairstyle just feel how she wore it last year fit better with the dress. I also like her shoes. I could see someone wearing this dress at the office, on an interview and even at a party.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-31-2012, 03:27 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
...Just one question. Are those shoes slightly less stratospheric than usual or is it just my imagination?
The shoes are as high-heeled as ever.
She wore LK Bennett Harper shows which feature a hidden platform and a 4.5" heel (about 110mm).
Old 07-31-2012, 05:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
That is what a Royal should look like. Elegant, classic ...all the boxes are ticked on this one.

LaRae
PERFECTLY said!!!!
Old 07-31-2012, 05:25 AM
Heir Apparent

I think Catherine looked very sophisticated last night, very much the royal pricess and future queen she is. The dress, hair, accessories were all perfect.

Whilst I do love her her the way she had it done for last night, I do think it makes her look a bit older, which in itself is not always a bad thing.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:34 AM
Courtier

The height of chic, sophistication and elegance. Her hair style is ABSOLUTELY beautiful and the soft silver grey dress, though simple, is just gorgeous.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Kate looked lovely! The dress has a great color, flattering cut yet simple and the hairdo was done nicely. The only problem I had was that she was wearing far too much make up.
I hope she goes for this designer again, she actually does some really nice dresses with great color combo's.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:42 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Now that we have more pictures, here are views of the dress:

- The dress 1
- The dress 2
- The dress 3

- Close up
- Back view

- Earrings
- Hairstyle
- The Clutch
she looks lovely. the only other thing i can say is "hooray, new shoes"
"People are much like stained glass windows. When the sun is shining through them, they glow brightly and sparkle. But when the sun goes down and it is dark and gloomy outside; Their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within." ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Old 07-31-2012, 09:58 AM
Serene Highness

It's a very nice look on the whole, but the hairstyle is too regal for the dress. It doesn't combine, in my opinion.