The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 03:48 PM
Heir Apparent

me too. She has managed to get the "total" look. I think the hair is important in this. The jade green/lace back dress she wore a few months ago would not have worked without the updo. Maybe she's been reading the forum

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-30-2012, 03:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
It could have been a very nice overall appearance if it wasn't for the overuse of make up.
Her face looks as if she painted everything twice, and this heavy-handed approach ages her considerably; facially, she could be a socialite in her 40s here.
You are right as usual. It is nice to see Duchess of Cambridge opting for an updo.

Old 07-30-2012, 03:50 PM
Nobility

I think she looks lovely! Although I think her hair is always gorgeous and do like it when she wears it down, a change is always nice too. This hairstyle looks very pretty on her.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
It could have been a very nice overall appearance if it wasn't for the overuse of make up.
Her face looks as if she painted everything twice, and this heavy-handed approach ages her considerably; facially, she could be a socialite in her 40s here.
Perhaps because in LA you are used to seeing 40 year old "socialites" who have been botoxed and lifted to look 30 years old.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Well, I live in the US and I wouold agree with you. To me, she looks like a sophisticated 30 something. Love everything about the look, dress, hair, earrings and makeup.

I live in LA and I think she looks absolutely lovely and very much a 30 yr old. she is at a cocktail party/reception, her make-up will be a bit more dramatic and she is constantly being photographed.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

yes she has been a bit heavy handed with the foundation, look at her forehead. She has perfect skin so I do not understand that at all.

I also do not understand why is has had her teeth whitened, she is too young for it to be necessary and it looks unnatural and somehow cheap.

Dress is lovely, shoes are a bit stupid.

Quote:
Old 07-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia View Post
yes she has been a bit heavy handed with the foundation, look at her forehead. She has perfect skin so I do not understand that at all.

I also do not understand why is has had her teeth whitened, she is too young for it to be necessary and it looks unnatural and somehow cheap.

Looking at some of the close-ups, it seems as if her skin might be a little less than perfect, hence the makeup. (Though the makeup doesn't bother me. The way she wears her eyeliner has bothered me in the past, but I hardly notice it anymore. I don't know if she's gotten better at applying it or if I've just gotten used to it!)

As for the teeth whitening, I think that's a bit de rigueur these days, regardless of age. Though perhaps my perspective on that is influenced by the fact that I'm American and we've got a bit of a cultural obsession with teeth, lol.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:56 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Kate Pairs Roksanda Ilincic with LK Bennett for Royal Academy Reception » What Kate Wore

worn with LK Bennett shoes - i was looking at the LK Bennett website today at their new range for autumn winter 2012 and saw this style 'Harper' and immediately thought that Kate would suit and most likely wear this style of shoe.

Old 07-30-2012, 04:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Agree with everyone, the dutchess looks fantastic.
I love the dress, it really suits her and that colour looks great on her.
And it looks much better this time with the hair up than with the hair down as she has worn it before.
The earrings are beautiful.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 07-30-2012, 05:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Only one word comes to mind on this look. Svelte.

She looks so Audrey Hepburnish in a way doesn't she?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
No, she doesn't look Audrey Hepburnish in any way, IMO. She looks more like Katherine Zeta-Jones. She does look nice, even though the dress is dreadful with all that flappy stuff. She must have worn that in Canada after I stopped following the tour.

Her hair looks wonderful.

Yes, she does look so Audrey Hepburnish in a way and no, she does not look like Catherine Zeta-Jones in any way. Kate looks like a young, 30-year old woman going for an important evening. And I don't see anything "dreadful" about the dress.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:35 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think Catherine looks like either lady. She is just herself which is pretty damn fine. Nice dress too.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia View Post

How can the shoes be stupid? And, why are they stupid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I don't think Catherine looks like either lady. She is just herself which is pretty damn fine. Nice dress too.
What I meant was she has an Audrey Hepburn vibe, not that she looks like her. Of course Catherine looks like herself, and she looks great.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Im glad she repeated this dress, it's very beautiful and elegant. The color is stunning and I think the shoes and clutch go great with it. I also love the hairstyle. She looks beautiful!
Old 07-30-2012, 05:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Perhaps because in LA you are used to seeing 40 year old "socialites" who have been botoxed and lifted to look 30 years old.
C'mon, she (Kate) is quite heavy-handed with the makeup. And, how did that bee get in your boxers???
Old 07-30-2012, 05:52 PM
Aristocracy

Kate looks absolutely beautiful. Love the dress and really love her hair. My first thought on looking at all the pictures was that she was so elegant and defined a lady. Exquisite.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Now that we have pictures, here are views of the dress:

- The dress 1
- The dress 2
- The dress 3

- Close up
- Back view

- Earrings
- Hairstyle
- The Clutch

That is what a Royal should look like. Elegant, classic ...all the boxes are ticked on this one.

LaRae
Old 07-30-2012, 06:03 PM
Aristocracy

Kate looks fantastic especially the HAIR!!
Old 07-30-2012, 06:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I would agree. The "left coast" IS a bit different with their emphasis on all the "help".
Old 07-30-2012, 07:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Very lovely, sleek chignon that exposes the neckline of the dress very well, and the earrings are a great choice with the dress. I don't like these exposed full-length zippers, though, on dressy outfits.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:18 PM
Aristocracy

I just can't get used to this trend of having a visible zipper on what is supposed to be a dressy dress. The zipper looks like something you would use to zip a parka.