The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 07:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kate doesn't usually wear her hair up anyway. Perhaps she doesn't like it away from he face for whatever reason. Even on her wedding day, she had a side swipped bang. It seems too soon to definitely say she hasn't worn her hair up again because of the hoopla over her scar, at least IMO.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 02-27-2012, 04:53 PM
Gentry

I'm happy to hear everyone es opinion, this forum is great for respecting everyone's opinion. I guess I was just thinking out loud,hope I am wrong.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:18 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Kate's two-piece outfit for today's première of African Cats:
- Full view 1 - Full view 2
- Close up 1 - Close up 2
- Back view - The clutch

I'm not sure I like this look at all.
The makeup is too heavy for my taste although she did tone down the black eyeliner a bit.
The lovely details on the neck and sleeves save the outfit from being too boring but overall it's just an average look.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Not a fan of the look. I don't think the details looks good against the dress.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Perfectly nice dress for this kind of event where some people are in jeans and others are in full on evening gown. The detailing is really pretty and lifts what would otherwise be a plain dress.

Glad to see her giving Matthew Williamson some love, he's underrated in my opinion.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:33 PM
Heir Apparent

I think the African stones on the neckline and sleeves are an homage to the film's subject matter. She looks good, but I think the grey and turquoise are an odd color combo. All in all she always look nice if a little safe...but safe it's good.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:41 PM
Royal Highness

I like the look a lot. And her eye makeup looks great! She's using hardly any dark eyeliner, and it opens her eyes up a lot and makes her look younger.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Really like this - its a beautiful pale grey and the turquoise and gold at the neck and sleeves are quite special. Love the peplum detail. Always difficult to get the right balance at something (a) that includes meeting up with children; and (b) starts at 18:00. I never expected full-on evening dress so not disappointed at all.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-25-2012, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Very nice outfit and make up.
Did she lightened her hair?
But i start being fed up of these eternal cluch bags. Tiring.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:53 PM
Courtier

She looks lovely, as usual. However, I'm always perplexed by how she always, always, always, holds her hands in front of her. Her clutch is always held in her hands in front of her mid-section. I've seen so many other royal woman hold their clutches under their arms so their hands are free by their sides.

'Just curious ...
Old 04-25-2012, 01:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Daily mail link - very clear pics

Duchess of Cambridge dazzles in embellished Matthew Williamson dress for charity premiere | Mail Online

Lot more pix on Getty including this one showing the back of the dress
Catherine Duchess Of Cambridge Attends The UK Premiere Of

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-25-2012, 01:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav
She looks lovely, as usual. However, I'm always perplexed by how she always, always, always, holds her hands in front of her. Her clutch is always held in her hands in front of her mid-section. I've seen so many other royal woman hold their clutches under their arms so their hands are free by their sides.

'Just curious ...
I ve noticed also but i presume she changes position once inside, as she has to greet people, so she should hold cluch with left hand.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think she's not entirely sure of what to do with her hands on a public engagement. Even when she doesn't have a clutch she clasps her hands together. Given the way people over-analyse literally every little thing she does, I wouldn't blame her for being a tad self-conscious.

It reminds me of one of my friends who went on to become a barrister and as part of his course he was filmed speaking in public. He said when he watched it back he was doing all sorts of things with his hands and his tie and shuffling his feet and never realised it.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:02 PM
Aristocracy

The designer's Matthew Williamson apparantly...
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Premiere in London « Happy and Glorious!
Old 04-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Same old, same old. I would have almost said that the dress is bland, but then it are the accessories that make her dresses look so boring IMO. Black-ish shoes and clutch with this lovely shade of the dress: no. Her curtain of hair that has quite a boring color per se all down as usual: utterly boring and common.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:08 PM
Serene Highness

I really like the dress. It's chique, safe but the turqouise details around the neck and sleeves give it a playful touch.

But again, I would like to see that hair (albeit gorgeous) out of her face and change up her make-up. (iow: stop lining those lower eye-lids. It only does favor to those with big eyes)

[edit] Different shoes and clutch wouldn't have hurt either. This is why I appreciate Maxima's style, she knows how to do accessorize.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:13 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
Same old, same old. I would have almost said that the dress is bland, but then it are the accessories that make her dresses look so boring IMO. Black-ish shoes and clutch with this lovely shade of the dress: no. Her curtain of hair that has quite a boring color per se all down as usual: utterly boring and common.
You like to play with fire, don't you?
I quite agree with you though; she could have done so much better!
Old 04-25-2012, 02:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Can't say I 'm crazy about the dress but I love the colour.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:19 PM
Heir Apparent

It is not a dress? From the back it looks a two pieces!
Old 04-25-2012, 02:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Anything other than plain shoes and handbag would be clashing with the lovely turquoise and gold detailing. The detailing at the neck and the cuffs are the star of the show here. As we saw with CP Victoria lately and her bright green platforms, some dresses just need an understated shoe, and this is one of them.

But hey, at least it's not just another variant of beige like some royal ladies tend to go for.