The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 02:53 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

If I absolutely felt the need to complain, it would be about the makeup; the eyes appear to be even more heavily done than usual. However, she does appear to have been more gentle with a blusher, so no complains there.

Overall, I really like this look on Kate and for me, it's definitely a win. Again, quite possibly the best outfit she's worn in my memory.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Kate looks gorgeous! I love the colour, the hair - everything, at least from the few pictures I can see.
- Full view 1
- Full view 2

- Close up 1
- Close up 2
- Hairstyle and jewellery
Lovely dress, I really liked the color of the dress, her hair and the make up. She looks beautiful in this color

Old 05-11-2012, 03:04 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

The dress is by Jenny Packham.

Kate Middleton Wears Jenny Packham Gown and Jimmy Choo Heels at 'Our Greatest Team Rises' Olympic Concert | Grazia Fashion

I really love the back of the dress.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...-4_306x775.jpg
Old 05-11-2012, 03:32 PM
Serene Highness

Wow! A+ at last!! Some glamour and the hair is perfect!
Old 05-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Catherine's, Duchess of Cambridge, gala dress was well-chosen. I liked the colour. Lace added a feminine touch. On a different note, Catherine seems to have a orange tan.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:39 PM
Aristocracy

I'm almost in love with this look. The color is to DIE for, it's so gorgeous. I do think the dress is just a tiny bit too busy on top. I would have preferred that the teal silk on the top cover the sides as well. Hard to explain, but I'll photoshop my thoughts and put them on my blog later today, if anyone is interested.

The hair looks great, I like the earrings, the shoes are passable (and I appreciate that she's wearing the same ones she wore yesterday), and Prince William is clearly happy with her!
Old 05-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think she looks FANTASTIC tonight. I'm so happy to see her hair off her face- it looks very sophisticated. The color of the dress also suits her very well.

Edit: OOH! I just saw the back detailing on the dress and that's the best part. I really, really love this look on her.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:45 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Kate looks gorgeous! I love the colour, the hair - everything, at least from the few pictures I can see.
- Full view 1
- Full view 2

- Close up 1
- Close up 2
- Hairstyle and jewellery
I believe this dress, is the fashion suggestion Dazzling made a few months ago;
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Jenny Packham Spring 2012

Mint evening dress - A shade I would love to see on Kate, the embellishment is simple. She could pull the simplicity off easily. Th sonly change is that I would not have such a low opening.
It is the best I have seen Catherine. Two things, the same shoes from the other night and the makeup.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Courtier

Lovely. :-)
Old 05-11-2012, 03:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Catherine's, Duchess of Cambridge, gala dress was well-chosen. I liked the colour. Lace added a feminine touch. On a different note, Catherine seems to have a orange tan.
IMO it's neither. Her make up is simply too heavy, even more brutal than usual.
It's almost a relief to see her with an updo and in a vibrant color at night; the back view of her gown is very nice and might have been enough in terms of décolleté, particularly as the cut of the top of the dress in the front is rather asking for a fuller figure than hers.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Love the dress, great color, great cut and the back is amazing. The hair is fantastic, love the braids and knots! The jewelry is simple and not over powering. The eye makeup is a little heavy, but that's Kate. Overall, she looks fantastic. And if I had those Jimmy Choo's I'd wear them every darn day! Love em! Jenny Packman is definitely her designer, she looks wonderful in the dresses that she's chosen from her.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

She's gone for darker eye make up than usual, but it's an evening gala so that's fair enough.

I don't see an orange tan, I just see a healthy glow.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
IMO it's neither. Her make up is simply too heavy, even more brutal than usual.
It's almost a relief to see her with an updo and in a vibrant color at night; the back view of her gown is very nice and might have been enough in terms of décolleté, particularly as the cut of the top of the dress in the front is rather asking for a fuller figure than hers.

I actually think the dress looks better on a slender frame. The neckline would trend towards indecent on someone with a larger bust, but on Kate it looks elegant.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Heir Apparent

This is just simply sublime. I love the sophisticated intricate updo; it showcases those lovely earrings and neckline, and that gown is glorious in both color and style. I really lke the back lace insert and her matching clutch. The only drawback is the heavy makeup but overall this is beautiful, sleek and chic; for me, it's her best evening look ever. Can you imagine a tiara nestled in that elaborate hairdo? Or some jeweled hairpins? I can..... Kudos, Kate, and thank you all for the great photos.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:03 PM
Serene Highness

Love it. The color is marvelous, and the neckline and back are quite sexy. Her hair is up, which is sooo much better in my opinion. I'm not a fan of her eye make-up, but I never was from the beginning anyway. It's a fresh look, quite summer-y.

Job well done, Kate. Four for you. :)
Old 05-11-2012, 04:21 PM
Nobility

She looks absolutely beautiful tonight. Love the dress and hair.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:29 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Kate looks stunning tonight! Beautiful dress: I like both style and colour. The hairstyle is lovely, nice to see Kate with her hair up
Old 05-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, exactly. Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I actually think the dress looks better on a slender frame. The neckline would trend towards indecent on someone with a larger bust, but on Kate it looks elegant.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:34 PM
Courtier

Stunning! Wish she had worn her hair like this for her wedding --- tiara and veil would have "hung" much better.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Also, as for the eye makeup- it doesn't bother me here, because this is an evening look and dramatic eye makeup makes sense.

It would have been too much in the daytime, but here it looks appropriate.