The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 12:54 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Off-topic posts have been removed.

Please stick to the topic of this thread - Catherine's fashion. Please be respectful of other's opinions.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, at least the designer is happy!

Kate Middleton Wears White Roland Mouret Gown & Jimmy Choo Heels at Claridge's Hotel | Grazia Fashion

Kate must have had that dress for awhile, if it's from the 2009 collection.
(Now what will he do when orders pour in?)

Old 05-11-2012, 01:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

What almost all the designers do when Kate wears some of their past season pieces - reissue them at full price, if not slightly more expensive that they were before. If they don't, there will be cheap copies for sale very quickly and the designer will miss out entirely.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Courtier

I found it interesting that Roland Mouret did not know she had purchased the gown. I had assumed the the cream color was made for her, as the green dress was the more popular color.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wouldn't be surprised if Kate's appearance in his dress is more beneficial to his business than even the Met Ball.

That is a glittering event, but there were lots of designers there, and one would tend to get lost in the crowd.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
I found it interesting that Roland Mouret did not know she had purchased the gown. I had assumed the the cream color was made for her, as the green dress was the more popular color.
The green dress was the runway piece. The white might of been additional pieces the designer did not show but left it for the shops. Also sometimes designers do exclusive colors for certain department stores.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:18 PM
Aristocracy

Woo hoo, at least that is one thing to cross off my list that I posted last night (that was deleted!!) although people will no doubt still find reasons to complain about her hair

Picture

I can't see this very well but think there is some jewellery and love the colour of her dress
Old 05-11-2012, 02:20 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Kate looks gorgeous! I love the colour, the hair - everything, at least from the few pictures I can see.
- Full view 1
- Full view 2

- Close up 1
- Close up 2
- Hairstyle and jewellery
Old 05-11-2012, 02:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TortillaChips View Post
Woo hoo, at least that is one thing to cross off my list that I posted last night (that was deleted!!) although people will no doubt still find reasons to complain about her hair

Picture

I can't see this very well but think there is some jewellery and love the colour of her dress
LOL

10 points for gryffindor
Old 05-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Kate looks gorgeous! I love the colour, the hair - everything, at least from the few pictures I can see.
- Full view 1
- Full view 2
Glad she went for such a strong color, she wears it very well. The mix of the chiffon and lace is pretty. The detailing on the shoulder stitching is well made.
Glad she pulled her hair up, this is a dress that needed an up do. She looked really nice, she also looked quite radiant. I guess the color makes such an impact.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia
- Full view 1
- Full view 2
Thank you! Just lovely. Now i want to know all about the earrings.... And could there be a bauble in her hair? ... In the first pic, there looks to be something shiny... But could just be the sun
Old 05-11-2012, 02:39 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Wonderful, sophisticated hairdo! And I really like the dress, especially the pretty color. I'm not in love with the shoes (from what I see so far), but I won't be nitpicking: to me it is probably the best outfit I've seen her in since the wedding. Finally color, hair up and a bit of glam. Thumbs up!
Old 05-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
Wonderful, sophisticated hairdo! And I really like the dress, especially the pretty color. Accessories (clutch & shoes) could have been better, but I won't be nitpicking: to me it is probably the best outfit I've seen her in since the wedding. Finally color, hair up and a bit of glam. Thumb up!
I agree, this is, to me at least, easily the most elegant, beautiful and sophisticated evening dress Kate has worn, well, ever.
In this picture, it looks like she's wearing the same pair of Jimmy Choo shoes as during the last appearance. I dislike the general design of the shoes, however they don't clash with the dress and look quite nice.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Looking at more pictures and close ups, the dress doesn't look so goo with the silk inserts on the sides under the lace. Also, the silk as lining is a bit too shiny IMO

ImageBam
Old 05-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I like the overall effect; looks quite sophisticated to me. Not perfect, but close enough.
- Full view
- Close up
- The back view of the dress
Old 05-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Looking at more pictures and close ups, the dress doesn't look so goo with the silk inserts on the sides under the lace. Also, the silk as lining is a bit too shiny IMO

ImageBam
Yes, it kind of has a night gown feel but I still love it. The strong color suites her coloring and the fit is good (if a bit low-cut). She looks smashing with the dress and the updo.

Are those the same shoes as the other day?

http://i49.tinypic.com/4uhut2.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/dyrhaa.jpg
Old 05-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
Also, the silk as lining is a bit too shiny IMO

ImageBam
It could seem shiner from the flashes from the cameras
Old 05-11-2012, 02:50 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
I agree, this is, to me at least, easily the most elegant, beautiful and sophisticated evening dress Kate has worn, well, ever.
In this picture, it looks like she's wearing the same pair of Jimmy Choo's as during the last appearance. I dislike the general design of the shoes, however they don't clash with the dress and look quite nice.
I agree, I don't like these shoes in general either. BTW - I altered my post above, cause I've now seen better pics of the clutch and the clutch matches perfectly with the dress.

Ah, I really love the lace details on her and that hairdo... I think I'm a bit in love tonight. It is exactly what Kate needed and I had almost given up on the idea that she would surprise me. Finally it happened.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
It could seem shiner from the flashes from the cameras
Yeah, I think it might be the flash because I don't notice the shininess in other pictures.

She looks really great. I love the color and style of the gown. I also think her hair looks really nice in this style.

I can't wait to see more close-up photos of the earrings...they look lovely.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:53 PM
Aristocracy

Well I love the color on her and I think she looks lovely. I now just need her to break out some lovely gems from the vault.