The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 3: February 2012 - August 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
simply stunning! such an elegant look - well done

She looks lovely. It is so nice to see her in something soft and feminine instead of her usual starkly tailored looks of late. Love her earrings.. again very feminine. With her mane of hair off of her face one is finally able to see the dress and earrings in all of their glory instead of hidden by her hair...

Only one word comes to mind on this look. Svelte.

She looks so Audrey Hepburnish in a way doesn't she? :flowers:

I loved this dress last year, and it's well worth a repeat. Love the hair too. All in all she looks wonderful.

It could have been a very nice overall appearance if it wasn't for the overuse of make up.
Her face looks as if she painted everything twice, and this heavy-handed approach ages her considerably; facially, she could be a socialite in her 40s here.

...She looks so Audrey Hepburnish in a way doesn't she? :flowers:

No, she doesn't look Audrey Hepburnish in any way, IMO. She looks more like Katherine Zeta-Jones. She does look nice, even though the dress is dreadful with all that flappy stuff. She must have worn that in Canada after I stopped following the tour.

Her hair looks wonderful.

:previous: oh dear.

She might look like a 40 something socialite in the US but she looks like a 30 year old HRH to me

:previous: oh dear.

She might look like a 40 something socialite in the US but she looks like a 30 year old HRH to me

Well, I live in the US and I wouold agree with you. To me, she looks like a sophisticated 30 something. Love everything about the look, dress, hair, earrings and makeup.:)

:previous: me too. She has managed to get the "total" look. I think the hair is important in this. The jade green/lace back dress she wore a few months ago would not have worked without the updo. Maybe she's been reading the forum :flowers:

It could have been a very nice overall appearance if it wasn't for the overuse of make up.
Her face looks as if she painted everything twice, and this heavy-handed approach ages her considerably; facially, she could be a socialite in her 40s here.
You are right as usual. It is nice to see Duchess of Cambridge opting for an updo.

I think she looks lovely! Although I think her hair is always gorgeous and do like it when she wears it down, a change is always nice too. This hairstyle looks very pretty on her.

Perhaps because in LA you are used to seeing 40 year old "socialites" who have been botoxed and lifted to look 30 years old.

Well, I live in the US and I wouold agree with you. To me, she looks like a sophisticated 30 something. Love everything about the look, dress, hair, earrings and makeup.:)

I live in LA and I think she looks absolutely lovely and very much a 30 yr old. she is at a cocktail party/reception, her make-up will be a bit more dramatic and she is constantly being photographed.

yes she has been a bit heavy handed with the foundation, look at her forehead. She has perfect skin so I do not understand that at all.

I also do not understand why is has had her teeth whitened, she is too young for it to be necessary and it looks unnatural and somehow cheap.

Dress is lovely, shoes are a bit stupid.

yes she has been a bit heavy handed with the foundation, look at her forehead. She has perfect skin so I do not understand that at all.

I also do not understand why is has had her teeth whitened, she is too young for it to be necessary and it looks unnatural and somehow cheap.

Looking at some of the close-ups, it seems as if her skin might be a little less than perfect, hence the makeup. (Though the makeup doesn't bother me. The way she wears her eyeliner has bothered me in the past, but I hardly notice it anymore. I don't know if she's gotten better at applying it or if I've just gotten used to it!)

As for the teeth whitening, I think that's a bit de rigueur these days, regardless of age. Though perhaps my perspective on that is influenced by the fact that I'm American and we've got a bit of a cultural obsession with teeth, lol.

Agree with everyone, the dutchess looks fantastic.
I love the dress, it really suits her and that colour looks great on her.
And it looks much better this time with the hair up than with the hair down as she has worn it before.
The earrings are beautiful.

Only one word comes to mind on this look. Svelte.

She looks so Audrey Hepburnish in a way doesn't she? :flowers:

No, she doesn't look Audrey Hepburnish in any way, IMO. She looks more like Katherine Zeta-Jones. She does look nice, even though the dress is dreadful with all that flappy stuff. She must have worn that in Canada after I stopped following the tour.

Her hair looks wonderful.

Yes, she does look so Audrey Hepburnish in a way and no, she does not look like Catherine Zeta-Jones in any way. Kate looks like a young, 30-year old woman going for an important evening. And I don't see anything "dreadful" about the dress.

I don't think Catherine looks like either lady. She is just herself which is pretty damn fine. Nice dress too.

How can the shoes be stupid? And, why are they stupid?

I don't think Catherine looks like either lady. She is just herself which is pretty damn fine. Nice dress too.

What I meant was she has an Audrey Hepburn vibe, not that she looks like her. Of course Catherine looks like herself, and she looks great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im glad she repeated this dress, it's very beautiful and elegant. The color is stunning and I think the shoes and clutch go great with it. I also love the hairstyle. She looks beautiful!

Perhaps because in LA you are used to seeing 40 year old "socialites" who have been botoxed and lifted to look 30 years old.

C'mon, she (Kate) is quite heavy-handed with the makeup. And, how did that bee get in your boxers???

Kate looks absolutely beautiful. Love the dress and really love her hair. My first thought on looking at all the pictures was that she was so elegant and defined a lady. Exquisite.

Kate looks fantastic especially the HAIR!!

Very lovely, sleek chignon that exposes the neckline of the dress very well, and the earrings are a great choice with the dress. I don't like these exposed full-length zippers, though, on dressy outfits.

Last edited:
I just can't get used to this trend of having a visible zipper on what is supposed to be a dressy dress. The zipper looks like something you would use to zip a parka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom