The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 07:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
The dress practically screams for its boat neckline to be seen instead of being shrouded by that ever-present hair curtain, and consequently it screams for an updo... while the disco sandals might be considered fun, but certainly not with this dress.
In many pics you can also see that she simply doesn't have the confidence to wear a high front slit, so why go for it... just like dazzling, I don't care for the whole look.
Red toe nails! What was she thinking? This is not a beach barbecue. The shoes did no favours to what was an exquisite dress although, to be honest, the ever present hair curtain had already ruined the top half so I guess overall it didn't matter.

Now if she had gone for the Vamp in White with a killer up do, red lips and fingernails and maybe a knockout red clutch and matching shoes . . . who knows?

Old 05-09-2012, 07:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisiesforever View Post
This is by far the height of chic and elegance. Kate does look absolutely exquisite. An "up" hair do might have just added that extra bit of panache. Otherwise a very lovely look.
Panache! That's a word I've been trying to think of for ages! In this context I think you're absolutely right, hair up with abit of sparkle would have given even more panache to an already chic and elegant look.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Red toe nails! What was she thinking?
Maybe that she likes red nail polish? Had she gone for red lips with the white dress she would've looked like a vampire.

If the hair had been up I think the dress would've looked too stark. If the dress was in another colour I would agree an updo would be better. Kate has never worn big pieces of statement jewellery, it's clear that she prefers the subtle, understated look.

Also, since when do silver shoes not go with an off white dress? I've just watched the State Opening of Parliament where the Queen was in a white dress with silver shoes and handbag. Needless to say she looked great.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Hair up and a great piece of jewelry and I would have given it a Perfection. I love the dress.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:47 AM
Commoner

It's a nice dress but nothing special.
Hair smart, yes!
But explain to Kate somebody, thats possible to do beautiful hairdresses!
Silver shoes as at the dancer of a striptease(((
Old 05-09-2012, 09:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Okay I have to say that I love the shoes. How can you do wrng with Jimmy Choo's?? And the red toes are fantastic. The dress is nice and the hair down with it doesn't bother me. I agree that if it were another color she should have pulled her hair back. She looks wonderful and polished, much more so that some of the other women there.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Kate obviously doesn't like her hair up; no reason why she should, and she isn't going to do it if she doesn't like it.

Isn't anyone else tired of hearing about it?
Old 05-09-2012, 09:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Kate obviously doesn't like her hair up; no reason why she should, and she isn't going to do it if she doesn't like it.

Fully agree with you.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:28 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
In many pics you can also see that she simply doesn't have the confidence to wear a high front slit,
The slit goes very high up. Together with the disco sandals, the look is very celebrity.
http://www.mrpaparazzi.com/image/645...-same-time.jpg
Old 05-09-2012, 09:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

Agree!!!
And do not forget that she has a lot of decades towards her to have her hair up.....in front of the limelight
Old 05-09-2012, 10:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Also, since when do silver shoes not go with an off white dress? I've just watched the State Opening of Parliament where the Queen was in a white dress with silver shoes and handbag. Needless to say she looked great.
I'd never think of wearing silver shoes with anything other than pure white or black or silvery grey (but it would have to be the right shade of grey).
Old 05-09-2012, 10:56 AM
Commoner

Kate should do something else with the hair. Put it up or something. I find she is always pushing her hair away from her face. would be nice to see the top half of her outfits.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
I love the red toenails, and I generally hate painted nails whatever the colour. Those shoes are incredibly fun and the red toenails are just a splash of bold colour. I wonder if Mr Kirkman was watching?

This really is a WOW dress, in the best way. Anyone seeing what Gary Lineker's wife wore will see that Kate is sexy in an understated, classy way in this dress while Mrs Lineker just looks as if she's trying too hard.
Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, is trying too hard just like Mrs. Lineker.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Aristocracy

Reiterating my opinion that a nice jewel-y hair clip would have served two purposes: get her hair a little off her face (and off the neckline) and add a tiny touch of bling to a somewhat stark look. She doesn't have to go with a full updo if she's not comfy with that, but just a barrette or some other kind of clip would go a long way.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Or maybe a beautiful jeweled brooch in her hair doubling as a hairclip. I'd love to see more jewels worn in a versatile way as the princesses of Sweden and Denmark do, as well as the Queen of Sweden.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, is trying too hard just like Mrs. Lineker.
Seriously? You're having me on right? Mrs Lineker was showing a considerable amount of 'side boob', not to mention the super-classy tattoo under her armpit, the clearly visible panels trying to hang on to what's left of her dignity, and the fact that it was so low cut you could almost see her belly button.

Yeah, Kate was just as bad as Mrs Lineker.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

The white is not boring IMO but rather plain as I think she means it to be if past gowns are anything to go by. I really don't like her look that much I think a little more Princess look is in order like Mary maybe... IMO of course... but to me this is just another one of her choices and the hair the bag nothing spech and the shoes are not new are they ... I would not go so far as to say I am sick of the stuff she wears but I'm getting there.
But to put her name in the same sentence as Mrs Lineker is a but rough ... you are joking aren't you ??? or have I missed an "in " type joke ??? Sorry if I have the latter looks like a well no I won't go there just to say the best thing she could have done was stay at home!!!!!!
Kate needs a pick me up in the fashion department IMO and though her choices are sold out in moments for me she is predictable and plain in the many of her choices.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Courtier

I like the dress on her.It's simple and elegant.
Her shoes are great.
Usually,I hate red toenails but it's ok here since the dress color is bland.
No comment on her hairdo and make-up
Old 05-09-2012, 03:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
The white is not boring IMO but rather plain as I think she means it to be if past gowns are anything to go by. I really don't like her look that much I think a little more Princess look is in order like Mary maybe... IMO of course... but to me this is just another one of her choices and the hair the bag nothing spech and the shoes are not new are they ... I would not go so far as to say I am sick of the stuff she wears but I'm getting there.
But to put her name in the same sentence as Mrs Lineker is a but rough ... you are joking aren't you ??? or have I missed an "in " type joke ??? Sorry if I have the latter looks like a well no I won't go there just to say the best thing she could have done was stay at home!!!!!!
Kate needs a pick me up in the fashion department IMO and though her choices are sold out in moments for me she is predictable and plain in the many of her choices.
I'm being sarcastic; I don't think some others are.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:23 PM
Courtier

I don't like this dress at all, nor the shoes nor the hair. Totally wrong look IMO.