The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 09:53 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
Yes, as always. I guess I'll do a mark on my calender if she ever impresses me with an outfit. She really disappoints me - I've never been crazy about her style, but I would say that before she became engaged she dressed even better (and how rare is that? Most of the CP's have improved their looks after the engagement/wedding). Yes, there were outfits in the last eight or so years which I found elegant, classy or even stylish, but now she only goes for plain and boring stuff. Conservative style does not have to look boring, IMO!
I agree. I've kind of liked her style as Kate Middleton. Now it's always the same. Even her evening gowns aren't that spectacular...

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free
The birth of a song
the death of a dream
Old 12-07-2011, 09:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

LACE TULIP DRESS - Collection - Dresses - Collection - Woman - ZARA United States

Old 12-07-2011, 10:01 AM
Heir Apparent

I see no reason why Kate couldn't have worn a bright jacket to call attention to the outfit. Why not? It's a pop concert, it's festive, it's fun, and she's young so wear a color to jazz things up and get in the spirit of the event. Even something in a metallic thread material would have been just the thing.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Apparently Kate's vulgar, inappropriate and offensive dress from Zara is now sold out in the US, Canada and only available in XS on the UK site.

No other royal has this kind of power which I suppose explains a lot of the animosity she faces on this website.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

There is nothing wrong with the outfit. I liked the dress, very cute and appropriate for a pop concert. Yes, there are some things that I would have liked to have seen done differently, a smaller belt perhaps or a less structured jacket or sweater. But overall she looks fine for what she's doing. What I have issue with is the constant hair touching, if you can't keep your hands out of your hair, cut it or style it differently. And the blush was a bit heavy handed, I think she would benefit from a makeup lesson or two. But I do love the Duchess, young and fresh and she makes William and Charles (for that matter) smile.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:33 AM
Royal Highness

The dress looks very nice but it´s the way you wear it that makes the difference.With the belt you can´t see the tulip shape and it would be great to see her wearing it again for a different occasion with other accessoires.I really adore Catherine and it´s not about picking on her so that I feel better but I expect someone with her resources and such a public role to dress better than average girls.
With her great figure,hair and face she could outshine most women,but she seems to be less confident about her style after she married...it´s probably very difficult to live in the spotlight all the time but she could hire someone to advise and help her so she doesn´t need to worry about fashion and makeup or if she is dressed appropriate for the occasion.
. Helen Keller
Old 12-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
This dress is incredibly adorable.

The thing that people here seen to be choosing to ignore is that this was a POP CONCERT!!! This event will have been attended by thousands of other people in jeans and mini dresses. This is not a gala event in the vein of the Royal Variety Performance or a night at the Royal Opera House.

With regards to the dress being too short, did I miss something and we're now in the 1950's???? That dress is nowhere near too short, it's a mini dress is the style which is very much in at the moment. She's wearing fairly dark tights which means she can get away with the shorter hemline. If this dress is 'vulgar' then you'd all think I'm a tramp when you see me heading out with my friends.

She was criticised last week for wearing an expensive dress. So she wears a dress that most people can afford and gets criticised still. She wore a bright green dress last week and was savaged for it and so wears something more demure and is savaged for wearing a dull colour.

I truly hope that Catherine never stumbles upon this forum because if she read these threads I wouldn't blame her for wanting to sit in a dark room and never go out!! No other royal female gets anywhere near this level of vitriol and mean spiritedness and it makes this site an increasingly unpleasant place.
I totally agree. Princess Charlene wore a dress the same length as this one, to a daytime event (a school I believe) and didn't get called vulgar or whatever. Someone already mentioned CP Victoria's short dresses and Letizia has worn a few short ones recently, yet neither of them have been called vulgar. In fact, I think people liked Letizia's dress.

Kate's dress looks fine. It's cute and age appropriate. She was going to a pop concert where many of the other attendees were dressed casually. Last week she was called out for dressing too old, now she's dressing too young. It seems like she really can't win.

As for her makeup, I don't think it's changing any time soon. She's probably aware of the criticism about it, but obviously likes the way it looks. I have to admire that a little. She likes what she likes and isn't going to let others change her.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Apparently Kate's vulgar, inappropriate and offensive dress from Zara is now sold out in the US, Canada and only available in XS on the UK site.

No other royal has this kind of power which I suppose explains a lot of the animosity she faces on this website.
I wonder why anyone would be in a hurry to buy poorly made clothing from Zara, even if it is worn by someone famous. Does Zara provide Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, with better made articles? Power to sell some clothing is more appropriate for models and celebrities, not for royals. As for the sold out vulgar dress, people tend to be sheeple.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:23 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
I wonder why anyone would be in a hurry to buy poorly made clothing from Zara, even if it is worn by someone famous. Does Zara provide Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, with a better made articles?
I didn't know Zara's clothes were poorly made, for the prices they shouldn't be.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Heir Apparent

The dress looks better on display than worn. The jacket and the belt are hidding its nice shape and i would choose opaque tights NOT shiny.
Nobody is perfect
Old 12-07-2011, 11:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I didn't know Zara's clothes were poorly made, for the prices they shouldn't be.
Given my personal experience from Zara's online shop in the UK, I would never buy a single item from this shop.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:28 AM
Heir Apparent

I do not agree! I bought some articles from Zara Woman line which perfectly lasted for more than 2 seasons very often worn.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

^Yep. My friend bought a skirt from Zara that has held up pretty well. Maybe it depends on what you buy.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Serene Highness

One word: BORING. Her hair is boring, her makeup is overdone. *sigh*. Next, please!
Old 12-07-2011, 12:36 PM
Royal Highness

On the website this dress seems to be beige/black on Kate white/black. It's just a light or there are two color versions? she overdose the accessories, dress is enough nice, with all this black lost 'festive look'. Now it's just another printed dress.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Courtier

I cut my hair, it is very short right now and I still touch it constantly unless I wear a hat or a beaning. It a nervous habits, it doesn't matter if she shave it all off, she will still be touching her head.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanna Wynne View Post
Posters here are pretty tough. If you want to see vulgar, go to the Daily Mail's femail column. Kate has never looked vulgar, ever. If you step back a bit, this was a POP concert, she's young and this is a young look. Using black/grey kept it from screaming. A red jacket, for example, with the black/white and grey would have called more attention to itself. I think she managed to look youthful and less serious than usual without crossing the "too much" line or into the dread vulgar territory.
I agree with you, as the vulgarity is concerned: Kate is not vulgar.
However, I still consider that this dress is not apropriate. I think that there are other ways to have a young look than wearing this kind of dress for an official event. Kate has to find her style, she's still looking for herself - what a gap between the green granny dress she wore last week and this zara dress! She's beautiful, she's very elegant, and no doubt that when she'll wear the right outfit for the right event, she'll be a stunner. Especially if she tries another make up.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent

i think she looks great. yes, the dress is short but:
-it doesn't make her look at all vulgar, i think she can carry it with elegance,
-she is young and this was an informal event.

it's a beautiful dress and i'm glad she keeps to her motto of using high street clothes every now and again. she proves that she can look just as great in a zara dress or in a haute couture one. it's crisis times, even for the monarchy.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

I thought Kate looked very nice for a concert. Black & white may seem boring but Kate knows what works best for her so, why not wear it? I see nothing wrong with her outfit at all.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisiesforever View Post
A short dress can look very elegant for evening wear. However, the dress Kate chose rather resembled a "party dress" for a young girl. Wrong style for her completely. The black hose also looked harsh. The jacket was smart and elegant though but not enough to lift the overall look.
Ehh, party dress for a young girl? Have you ever seen a ''party dress'' for a young girl? I'm 18 and I'm telling you, that is not a dress I or most others would choose to wear. That dress is not young but occasion approriate I guess. It's more office-y to me. Camilla looked, gasp, slightly more like she was heading for a fun night out.