The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 09:50 PM
Courtier

Catherine looks stunning ! I love this dress !

Old 12-19-2011, 10:07 PM
Courtier

Catherine is stunning and in keeping with her style.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:32 PM
Serene Highness

wow!!!!that gown and necklace look great..she own that look...u go kate with ur bad self
Old 12-19-2011, 11:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Here's another article about the gown and jewels:

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor
Old 12-19-2011, 11:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Here's another article about the gown and jewels:

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor
I enjoy that blog so much. She's done such a lovely job lately blogging reader favorite tiaras. I KNEW she'd have a great writeup about this.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:51 PM
Heir Apparent

I know, that's my other go-to site as well for great info on jewels. Very entertaining as well.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
I suspect the reason she hasn't chosen the updo on this occasion is that she didn't want to be seen to be 'showing off' the necklace. This event is about honouring servicemen and women who have put their lives on the line for our nation, and in many cases have the scars to show for it. She was able to debut the necklace but not look like she was shoving it in anyone's face.
I think you may be on to something. I will take it one step further - I think one of the reasons she may have worn her hair in her usual style is because this night is about the men and women being honored. If she had worn her hair up, that would be all anyone talked about. Remember the time Diana suddenly wore her hair up to the State Opening of Parliment and knocked the Queen off the front pages.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

LOVE IT! I agree that she does deserve 5 gold stars! Amazing jewelry too... wonder who gave them to her?
Old 12-20-2011, 03:38 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Its defo one of the better appearances. Still dont like how she hides behind a wall of hair and if wearing such a necklace, no point in having hair all over it.

The dress is classy but the combination of the frills and the necklace are too much for me. Either the dress should be simple around the neckline or the choice of jewellery should be different.

The make-up is less severe this time, a step in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennahPc View Post
I am not one to draw similarities but it reminded me of another young almost married royal making a statement in a black strapless dress.
Diana's Long-Lost Dress Fetches a Stylish $280,000
Me too!
Diana's 'engagement dress' sells for £192,000 | Mail Online
Kate Middleton shows off her toned arms and shoulders to salute Armed Forces | Mail Online
Old 12-20-2011, 03:39 AM
Courtier

Black velvet is not an easy fabric to pull off. However Kate looks absolutely beautiful in this most exquisite gown. This is an extremely elegant yet very "royal" look. William and Harry look equally dashing in their tuxedos.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
LOVE IT! I agree that she does deserve 5 gold stars! Amazing jewelry too... wonder who gave them to her?
Lovely original jewellery which I hope we get a better look at some time in the future when it isn't covered with hair. Unfortunately the dress, while elegant, was so long she had to keep holding it up with both hands.

On the upside, she couldn't fiddle with her hair and hold her dress up at the same time!
Old 12-20-2011, 06:48 AM
Courtier

I must admit I did think the same thing when I saw this dress. I like it but isn't really cold in England? Maybe a coat or cape or something I got a chill just looking at her.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
I must admit I did think the same thing when I saw this dress. I like it but isn't really cold in England? Maybe a coat or cape or something I got a chill just looking at her.
Yes, it is 7 degrees C. I think it is very dangerous what she did. Of course she only stepped out of the car, but even a for a few metters, the change of temperature can harm, once I got bronchitis for a few seconds unattended in the cold.
Anyway, she is young, but she could have a pashmina and take it out immediately once inside.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Phenomenal choice by Catherine. McQueen does it so well!

Without a doubt the most demure and elegant evening gown of any ladies royal in 2011.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 12-20-2011, 09:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Duchess looked fantastic. You can tell she spends a lot of time in the gym. The dress was well made and fit her like a glove!
Old 12-20-2011, 11:15 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
All I can say is 'WOW. She looked stunning, sophisticated and elegant. My favorite evening gown from her by far at this point. Here are some more images.

https://twitter.com/#!/MajestyMagazi...489090/photo/1

https://twitter.com/#!/SkyNewsRoyal/...064512/photo/1

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw...sqdgo1_400.jpg

Beautiful Dress. I like the cute, she looks stunning and elegant
Old 12-20-2011, 11:58 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
I am against an updo for Kate in this instance, as she would have looked overdressed for the occasion and out of step with the other young women. Her signature look needed to be there. She did look amazing.
Depends on what kind of updo. A simple French ponytail is very simple and chic.Kennisgeving voor omleiding

And she finally managed to do her eyeliner correctly, praise Jezus.

And a few seconds out in the cold never killed a vital, healthy person. Bronchitis, what you can get from a cold, is not caused by the temperture, but by virusses or bacteria in the air.

Celebs do it all the time during Award Season. The last edition of the Bafta's wasn't exactly sunshine but everyone was alright.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:02 PM
Heir Apparent

That is a beautiful hairstyle, simple yet elegantly suited for the occasion, or even her half-up, half-down style that she's worn in the past. I hope Kate starts flipping through some hair magazines soon.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:03 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The dress is a too long on Kate - you can see it sitting in a fold at the front in the pictures and by the fact she was having to always lift it up. For being a couture dress Sarah Burton should have ensured that it was sitting right on Kate when she had her heels on it get it to the right length

Old 12-20-2011, 12:20 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by life84 View Post
Beautiful Dress. I like the cute, she looks stunning and elegant
I agree. This is one of her most elegant looks to date.