The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 05:39 PM
Serene Highness

I am against an updo for Kate in this instance, as she would have looked overdressed for the occasion and out of step with the other young women. Her signature look needed to be there. She did look amazing.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:43 PM
Nobility

I honestly could have gone either way, but her hair looks beautiful so I really couldn't care and her jewelry looks lovely. I wonder if the necklace becomes a tiara, but I have no complaints at all.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:44 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The dress is elegant and sophisticated and particularly safe. I am shocked at her disregard for wearing a jacket or coat, in this weather that's just silly. I think part of me is coming to realise that I may never actually 'like' anything Catherine wears.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

I suspect the reason she hasn't chosen the updo on this occasion is that she didn't want to be seen to be 'showing off' the necklace. This event is about honouring servicemen and women who have put their lives on the line for our nation, and in many cases have the scars to show for it. She was able to debut the necklace but not look like she was shoving it in anyone's face.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
She looks lovely (and the eyeshadow was smudged a bit - looks better at night any way). Looks like she used a matte powder in addition to her usual liquid look - I hope she makes it a habit (she does look hot, and there's nothing wrong with her wanting to look sexy in daytime too).
I agree with you,she certainly used mate powder.
Her make-up looked so much better today.
She looked great.The dress is stunning.
I don't like the hairdo
Old 12-19-2011, 05:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
I suspect the reason she hasn't chosen the updo on this occasion is that she didn't want to be seen to be 'showing off' the necklace. This event is about honouring servicemen and women who have put their lives on the line for our nation, and in many cases have the scars to show for it. She was able to debut the necklace but not look like she was shoving it in anyone's face.
I totally agree. Well put. We're just guessing, of course, but I think Kate has a natural tendency to underplay rather than overplay.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:53 PM
Courtier

This is def. her best look since the wedding. Hands down.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:16 PM
Courtier

That's a beautiful dress. She looks great.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:29 PM
Majesty

All I can say is 'WOW. She looked stunning, sophisticated and elegant. My favorite evening gown from her by far at this point. Here are some more images.

https://twitter.com/#!/MajestyMagazi...489090/photo/1

https://twitter.com/#!/SkyNewsRoyal/...064512/photo/1

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw...sqdgo1_400.jpg

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:51 PM
Aristocracy

I admit it is very rarely that I can find fault with DofCa wears and am embarrassed to admit that I have become rather a fanatic (despite my extreme aversion to fanatics that can be met on the internet!!) but I am completely balled over with the complete look

I used to have long hair which I would constantly pull into a ponytail or 'updo' but was forever seeing 'what's the point of having long hair if you always wear it up'. To continue with being a 'fanatic' if she is happy with wearing her hair down, I can't see the problem - it's not like it's in bad condition!!
Old 12-19-2011, 06:56 PM
Nobility

The Duchess of Cambridge is very beautiful and always carry herself gracefully. This black velvet dress is is classy and sexy without being vulgar.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:57 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TortillaChips View Post
I admit it is very rarely that I can find fault with DofCa wears and am embarrassed to admit that I have become rather a fanatic (despite my extreme aversion to fanatics that can be met on the internet!!) but I am completely balled over with the complete look

I used to have long hair which I would constantly pull into a ponytail or 'updo' but was forever seeing 'what's the point of having long hair if you always wear it up'. To continue with being a 'fanatic' if she is happy with wearing her hair down, I can't see the problem - it's not like it's in bad condition!!
Whew. Glad I'm not the only one then.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Whew. Glad I'm not the only one then.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:03 PM
Courtier

Crowning Glory

A woman's hair used to be known as her 'crowning glory', and Kate does have a gorgeous head of hair. She has decades ahead of her in which to wear it shorter, or up, and I imagine William likes it this way. I remember once, early in the marriage of Charles and Diana, that Diana wore her hair up in a French twist. Some writer said, she has many years for an updo; it's a shame to change her 'astonishingly pretty' hairstyle.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Nobility

Catherine looks smashing! And her hair looks amazing with the black strapless velvet and bare shoulders. I don't think anyone can complain. She hit it out of the park!
Old 12-19-2011, 07:32 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

She looks likes she had had a spray tan for this event

I do like the black velvet dress though im not a fan of the fishtail style in general on anyone.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanna Wynne View Post
Catherine looks smashing! And her hair looks amazing with the black strapless velvet and bare shoulders. I don't think anyone can complain. She hit it out of the park!
The necklace alone is a home run and the matching bracelet is icing on the cake! Is the set an early Christmas present? Where are the jewelry historians on the board?
Old 12-19-2011, 07:59 PM
Heir Apparent

For any extended discussion of Kate's jewels, you have to step over to the DofCa jewelry thread.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:56 PM
Aristocracy

She looks amazing.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:07 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TortillaChips View Post

I am completely with you. As soon as I got a Google Alert for the DofC and opened the images I was blown away. She did hit it out of the park. I am not one to draw similarities but it reminded me of another young almost married royal making a statement in a black strapless dress.
Diana's Long-Lost Dress Fetches a Stylish $280,000