The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear, Part 1: June 2011 - November 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are high heels and then there are stilts! Louboutin has an excellent website that lists the Pumps, and then breaks them down further by:
  • Mid Heel
  • High
  • Sky High
I would venture to guess that Catherine's tend to be heading more toward the 150mm than 70mm.

Check it out. The 70mm shoes look just as divine as the 150mm!

But what is wrong with her shoes? They really lovely; to die for LOL. They are the same ones from the BAFTA event, correct? She looked lovely.

and William is tall - they look nice together. Not like the days with Diana when she had to wear little court shoes or kitten heels so as not to tower over Charles. Kate wears the heels and wears them well - she looks lovely!

Kate looks so beautiful! I love everything about this gown and all her others as well. She definitely knows what looks good and makes a great impression every time.:flowers:

She looks lovely! I adore the dress, and it also looks like her figure is filling out a bit in a way that suits her very well.

Kate has years and years to wear her hair in an upsweep, or get it cut.
While she has such lovely long hair, why not show it off?

Shoes are great, IMO. And I love her hair, as well - I agree she has years and years of beautiful long locks before doing anything else. If her husband is anything like mine, he enjoys looking at that hair daily.

I really do like her hair in the half-way up fashion. She pulls that look off quite well and it softens her features too.

I don't see why Kate can't wear her hair in an upsweep or chignon for eveningwear when she wears stunning earrings like those drops. They'd certainly be seen to their best possible advantage with that type of style. And we always see her wear her hair down during daytime, anyway, so mixing it up for a more formal look on special occasions would be a treat, IMO.

Last edited:
But what is wrong with her shoes? They really lovely; to die for LOL. They are the same ones from the BAFTA event, correct? She looked lovely.
They are ugly. That heel height will ruin her feet. Women who wear heels like that usually end up wobbling at the ankles because they are actually trying to balance on their toes. Unless you are in a Vegas chorus line or a member of the world's oldest profession, a lower heel is more tasteful and elegant.

She looked amazing. Love the dress.

Agree. She looked amazing and I adore this dress. The hairdo is beautiful, on one side they are attached and on the other one they are curly. New earrings?

dont like the shoes. But not really important. We dont see much of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are ugly. That heel height will ruin her feet. Women who wear heels like that usually end up wobbling at the ankles because they are actually trying to balance on their toes. Unless you are in a Vegas chorus line or a member of the world's oldest profession, a lower heel is more tasteful and elegant.

To each his own.......

I love the dress I think Kate looks great. Those earrings are just lovely.

Kate looks great apart from the FAR TOO HEAVY make up, she is still young, I wonder what will happen in 10 years time, there is Drag-Queen Potential.

I love the dress & earrings, ugly shoes.

Side on the gown is lovely on her IMO front on it looks odd I like the shoes and not the gown BUT LOVE THE EARRINGS AND I JUST CANNOT STOP SAYING IT

^ The earrings are amazing! They are definitely something! Love to borrow them one day! :lol:

What a lovely, lovely look. This graecian style gown is absolutely beautiful on Kate. The silver shade is perfect with her dark hair and the satin ribbon at the waiste brings an elegant finishing touch to the entire look. The earrings of course are just superb.

Last edited:
Simply W O N D E R F U L dress, 100 times better than the last one.
Great jewels, but too much makeup this time.
BYe Bine

I love the dress, the colour everything but...I don't know there is something, maybe the shoulder is way too much...:cool:

The dress is very beautiful, but it doesn´t suit Catherine at all. She is too slender to look good in it. And every time I see her, she looks older and older. She has to do something to her make up, it makes her look 10 years older than she really is.

I'm not sure the make up is too heavy. I wears such heavy make up at night. But I think this is accentuate because the photograph took the photos too near from her visage. A very curious way to take photo.

^ The earrings are amazing! They are definitely something! Love to borrow them one day! :lol:

Do you think if we knocked on the door of CH and asked Kate if we could borrow her earrings, she'd oblige us? :ROFLMAO:

There's a video in the D & D of Cam current events thread where those earrings just flash with light; absolutely stunning. They almost look like a leaf pattern, too. I'm glad we're starting to see more of the jewels that Kate was either gifted or was loaned by HM.

I would like to see Kate wear again the Jennie Packham blush pink gown she wore to her first formal event after her marriage, or at least a similar design. The style emphasized her figure beautifully and was very sophisticated. She currently tends to favor gowns that have draping and folds that seem to engulf her figure, although I'm glad to see she's revealing her arms and shoulders more. But if Kate really wanted to be creative and versatile for this event, she could have worn her hair up in a Grecian style to carry the design of her dress. Her hair worn as is doesn't have the sophistication required for an evening look, IMO.

Last edited:
I don't like the makeup, it a yes her quite a bit IMO. The eyeliner is way too heavy and it doesn't really suit her being that heavy. Th blush looks like she put it on in the dark.

The dress - I like the color but I think a different shade of grey or a totally different color would've looked nice on her. the style is lovely but I think the skirt part of the dress is way too much fabric for her, it overwhelms her IMO. The asymmetrical top part looks greta on her and she does wear it well.

Hair - Hair up would've looked great with this style dress.

The dress per se is fine. However Duchess of Cambridge's make up made her look rough and older.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom