The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear, Part 1: June 2011 - November 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hair extensions is just another appereance "artifice". We all know that all these princesses do not jump from the bed and go to official duties.
And especially for evening "tiara" appereances it is obvious that "hair helps" are used.
Remember Queen Silvia, Pcs Grace or even Pcs Caroline when she was abt 18 - 20. I even doubt that some of Pcs Letizia's very voluminous hair looks are not so innocents.
And suddenly for Kate is a scandal....

Hair extensions scar who cares IMO I have no idea what all of this is about I thought she looked lovely, I liked the diamond bracelet and thought the gown a vast improvement on the red.

Not everyone is bulky you know. She is just thin get over it. It's getting a little old. I thought she looked lovely. I have a dress that looks similar though not nearly the same and I don't think of it like a night gown. She looks lovely. By the way, this type of dress isn't meant to accent curves per say. It looks how it is supposed to look. That's how mine and everyone else I've seen wearing dresses of that style look. She looks pretty and i love her jewelry.

I don't have to get over with anything because you say it. And I didn't say she has to be bulky. Respecting other persons opinion without getting offensive seems to be something you are not familiar with. I for myself respect your opinion. After all, we are only talking about dresses - nothing more.

Kates latest white dress with silver embellishments is one of her nicest dress Imo so far worn. The cut is really flattering and she does wear it and the color very well. I like how she has her half pulled back, a really nice change even if she went for curls.

I think Catherine looked lovely, I was surprised with the high heels only because it forces her to look down and so many of the guests to look up. I understand at her age the preference for high heels but maybe she could reserve the higher heels for other events when she will not be constantly conversing with people, especially older people who tend to be shorter. I do think she looked very elegant and composed. How nice that the POW asked her to step in for him.

Perhaps she needed the heels because of the length of her dress?
It might be too long otherwise, and she'd be stumbling over the hem.

Yes..so what if she did?? Hair extension used appropriately could create sensational looks. Queen Silvia of Sweden and her tiara hair came to mind!!

Nothing wrong at all with hair extensions. I think the problem comes with most people thinking she is perfect all the time. Then they get riled when some "flaw" is discovered. Sorry, but it does not look like a scar to me. If it is a scar, she needs to get that pendulant looking, sticky-outie thing removed.

Extensions, scar with droopy thing or not. She did look very nice.

It looks like raised keloid scarring to me. My cousin has some keloid scars from surgery and they look like that. Plus, someone on another royal board posted a few older photos where the scar was visible.

I love the bracelet she wore. I'm hoping to see more sparkly jewelry as time goes on.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong at all with hair extensions. I think the problem comes with most people thinking she is perfect all the time. Then they get riled when some "flaw" is discovered. Sorry, but it does not look like a scar to me. If it is a scar, she needs to get that pendulant looking, sticky-outie thing removed.

Extensions, scar with droopy thing or not. She did look very nice.

What "pendulant looking, sticky-outie thing" are you referring to?

I just need to say that I do not think a woman with curves or more weight on her would look good in that dress that Kate wore. I have seen a curvier woman wear a flowy dress like that and it made them look even bigger. Plus the bodice could cause skin to scrunch over the top and give the impression that the wearer is fat when they aren't. There are already people commenting that Kate's arms look fat. :nonono:
As for hair extensions, I think they are fantastic and look great on a lot of people like Victoria Beckham, the Kardashian's and other hollywood inhabitants.

Are these people kidding? They first complain that Kate's too thin and now they think her arms are fat? :eek: I think her arms are well-toned and the style dress she wore displayed them beautifully. She's also got lovely shoulders as well. It's nice to see her wear something that actually displays her body rather than concealing it and I thought she looked stunning, actually one of her better appearances. I agree that a curvier woman would not have looked half as good in that gown as she did, IMO, unless it was extremely well-fitted to prevent spillage over the bodice and straps not digging in the skin. :D

Last edited:
I like the hair but the dress ... another nightgown, the top part is very bikini, something to cover herself up is missing. The colour is dreadful, not a good choice.

awwwwlll really! whats missing? its a cool color,matches her skin tone and the jewlery adds to the look imo but share with us what u would have done different

Just caught up on the latest appearance of Catherine in an evening gown & think she looked very attractive. I personally like the pastel shade & the straps make the dress interesting. The jewellery is stunning and the hairstyle very becoming, so all in all it is one of my favourite looks so far.

Just caught up on the latest appearance of Catherine in an evening gown & think she looked very attractive. I personally like the pastel shade & the straps make the dress interesting. The jewellery is stunning and the hairstyle very becoming, so all in all it is one of my favourite looks so far.

I think if she had worn that little fur? Jacket she worn with her second dress at her wedding over the dress she wore tonight it would have looked better to me.

I think if she had worn that little fur? Jacket she worn with her second dress at her wedding over the dress she wore tonight it would have looked better to me.
I think it was an angora bolero sweater, not fur.

Glad to hear that was angora and not actual fur.

Yes, the fur would have really been flying had Kate worn a sweater with any fur in it! :eek:

:previous: It was only a day trip. Infact, a matter of hours that they were in Copenhagen before returning to London.

I like the sash at her waist. The color is nice too. She did pretty good.

Oh dear, she's wearing stilts again! :bang:

Re her height - How dare she be tall?! I mean, what on earth was she thinking?! In all seriousness, she's tall, so what!

It would be utterly ridiculous for her to wear anything other than heels with this dress. If she'd worn flats she would've been tripping over the hem all evening.

I think she looks fabulous as usual. Counting down the seconds to the first complaint that she's wearing her hair down....

I loveeeee this dress, a lot. The colour and style are both beautiful.

I like that her hair is down, ha. I think her locks are beautiful and she's making the most of them.

I like it. She looks beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom