The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear, Part 1: June 2011 - November 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate always looks wonderful in red and can carry this particular shade very well. I see what you mean when you say the gown looks a little "night gownish". I think this is more because of the gown being too long as opposed to the actual design of the gown. I think a lovely string of pearls would have lifted this entire look and brought in the glamor that is missing here.

Last edited:
I love the color of the dress, but I think the sleeves are a trifle too long and make the dress look like it's overwhelming her.

I think that Catherine looks good in red. I like the dress, nice cut. The brand of the dress is Beluah London

Last edited:
13/10/11 The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at a fundraising Gala evening in aid of the Child Bereavement Charity
http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/o...hild-bereavement-charity-pic-pa-732983355.jpg

Great colour for Kate, the hair as usual. I am missing some jewellery and all in all the dress is too nightgown-ish for me.
If I didnt know Kate's age I would ask myself when looking at William why they allowed him to marry a much older woman.

When did they attend this event? Was it before their marriage? I am just asking because I haven't seen Kate wear anything as low cut since they have been married.

I feel like we've seen this type of dress a thousand times, for example the blue engagement dress. ;) It's nothing special IMO, though red suits her a lot.

I feel like we've seen this type of dress a thousand times, for example the blue engagement dress. ;) It's nothing special IMO, though red suits her a lot.

In fact at the beginning when I saw the photo I thought that it was an Issa dress. The style seems quite similar

Great color but not a big fan of the dress.

The red appears very garish on my monitor. I never expect Kate to wear anything different, stylewise, just variations on a theme. Most of us do that. There's nothing wrong with that way of dressing.

Nice to see them out.

I wish she would put her hair up or something! :whistling:

If I didnt know Kate's age I would ask myself when looking at William why they allowed him to marry a much older woman.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing when I looked at the picture before reading your comment. The outfit really makes her look old, don't know if it's the red or the nightgown ;)

Yuk and it appears to me to be too long. It is frankly boring looking on her. He looks gorgeous. IMO Also totally agree that her hair would look better up or out of her face.

Last edited:
I do not think the dress was anything special, but I think Catherine looked absolutely wonderful. I do wish a few jewels start to appear when she is dressed formally like this.

The colour looks lovely on her but the dress seams to big for her, maybe the sleeves, the length...it looks really big for her!:cool:

Catharine loos different the face..she looks very very well rested..

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly I really loved the dress. It's her style and looks really beautiful on her. jewelry for me won't have added or taken away from the dress. She looks very nice. I don't think she looks old at all. She looks very lovely and the color is beautiful. I love it.

Or she's finally put on a few pounds? ;)

I like the color of the dress, but I agree with some posters that it looks nightgown-like.

I would have loved to have seen some jewels as well, I am wondering if it was due to the particular charity that the bling was reigned in, though Kate doesn't seem to be a bling person, hopefully that will change. I think that dress would have looked fantastic with a gorgeous necklace filling the neckline. Overall though, I think she looked marvelous. As to the same type of dress, as Kitty Atlanta said, most of us have a chosen "style" or stick with something that we feel is most flattering. She is accused by some of having no particular style or look, and I would disagree. I think she most certainly does and this dress and her other Issa dresses and the Jenny Packham dress all have the same soft drapy look. Though I would love to see her hair up on occasion, I do think her hair looked fantastic.

Gorgeous and what a handsome hubby....;)
:cool:

The dress is really pretty & I love the red color, but it does look a bit night gown-ish and the style seems a bit 70's to me, at least in the style of sleeves. But that is just my opinion. :flowers:
Kate looks beautiful, as always, but I do wish she would wear her hair differently now and then. With that gorgeous hair, she has so many options.

Kate looks lovely. The dress was a perfect color. I think the sash was hanging down and make the dress look long. I loved the sleeves.

The problem IMO is that is too much going on, the sleeves, the color, the lace on the waist, the long hair and the curls.

I like the red dress I think it's the sleaves that make it look a bit like a nightie and the belt is really sagging down. Kate does have a style this is the same shape/style dress that she always wears. She likes it at least she is in red! I like her hair down with this I think it suits the dress up might be too formal for the event. But a nice necklace would have been nice and added some sparkle. William looks handsome!

My feeling exactly.Same droopy dress, same droopy hair. I see way, way, way into the future and yes, it's permanent deja vu, albeit in a rainbow of colours!

Unfortunately we are likely to see endless incarnations of this dreary and boring nightie affair. The only thing that seems to change is the depth of the plunge neckline, and yes, I think this one is way too low, and as such, renders the whole thing tacky.

I also think Catherine looked good at this event last night/yesterday. She really did a necklace or *something* though. Nothing flashy, but still it needed that little bit of sparkle.

I like the dress but I wish see her with nice hairdo and some jewels.

I think Catherine looks wonderful in that red dress!
On a different note: it is good to see she has a 'fuller' face again. I think in the past couple of months she was too thin, but this makes her face look softer.
I am glad she has gained weight again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom