The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear, Part 1: June 2011 - November 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Newsflash- The Duchess of Cambridge is actually wearing something I do not like!:ohmy:
Yeah, bright colors are nice, but bright green? Horrible!
And could she not have worn something a little more glam?
Her hair is fine IMO!

Glad I'm not the only one then. Though I have no problem with the color, but the way the dress looks. It reminds me of a really long shirt.

Very plain/dull dress IMO. DVF makes some lovely styles but this is not one of them. Nice color but not one of the most flattering on her, I think. It does look very comfortable, however. I think Catherine is beginning to look rather tired, it's a good thing this tour is almost over.

I love the green dress, simple and clean. I do wish she would have worn a necklace of some sort though. And yet again, I would have loved it if she would pulled her hair back, either partially or in a low ponytail. Oh well, there's a lot of time for her to work with that gorgeous mane of hers. I would think about getting another stylist that is a little more adverturous.

For the BAFTA event, Catherine wears a lavender Alexander McQueen gown, with earrings lent by the Queen specifically for the event!!

Love the color. Subtle and pretty.

I think it's gorgeous. Soft and pretty without being too young for her. I'm looking forward to pictures of the earrings.

Also can you imagine what a godsend Kate has been for Sarah Burton? There were people who doubted Burton's ability to lead after McQueen's death but with the help of the Duchess the brand's getting a huge boost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I sure hope it does not make it to the stores! (that is the pink shiny dress)

Last edited:
I like her dress and most of the clothes that she used in the tour and i like her hair, i think she has a beautiful hair , just that all the time it is the same style, i am sorprise she does not change, she should to have Mary's stylist, Soren, he really does wonders with Mary's hair, all the time different, I never get boring, Kate has such a nice hair and long yo can do anyting with it!

I love this dress. It's simple but chic. The color is really pretty too.

Very lovely dress. Perfect on a summer evening.

The fabric, flow, color and cut is nice and simple but the hair left open ruined it all for me. Her hair stylist could've made a simple up-do especially since the neckline is quite high, moreover this was an evening event which would've been perfect. The earrings look lovely but again you hardly notice them with the hair pulled all to the front.

Update: along with the McQueen gown, the shoes and clutch were reported by 'whatekatewore' to be Jimmy Choo!!

Lovely colour although the dress seems to be too big on Kate. Hair up would have been a nice touch.

I think it's nice but nothing special. The colour is so washed out you can barely tell it is lavender and with her hair down you can't even see the earrings. I think she is playing it very safe and hopefully she will step it up a bit in the future. Kind of disappointed!

Love the gown, but no loving it completely on Kate. I think a woman with a few more curves would have pulled off this dress perfectly, plus, the lackluster hair is a real downer on the look. Liz needs to send Kate to the Swedish Court for a lesson on hair styling.

This whole 'I wish she would wear her hair up' thing again. The whole point of this dress is to make the wearer look long and flowy and emphasise movement. So why on earth would she trap her glorious hair up?

She has worn her hair in several different styles during the course of this tour but obviously she prefers to wear her crowning glory for all to see. It is her trademark after all. I have zero issue with her wearing it down and thought it complemented the structure of her dress perfectly.

I think the dress is beautiful and Catherine looks stunning but maybe some more jewellery to add extra sparkle would be nice! I love the idea of a trip to the Swedish Court for some hairstyle ideas!! But as things stand her hair is glorious down and there is always another time for up do's!

I love the dress. But you are absolutely right, she needs to do something about her hair - it is getting boring to see the same hairdo all the time.

I think the dress is beautiful and Catherine looks stunning but maybe some more jewellery to add extra sparkle would be nice! I love the idea of a trip to the Swedish Court for some hairstyle ideas!! But as things stand her hair is glorious down and there is always another time for up do's!

Gosh I truly hope she doesn't head to the Swedish court for hairstyle ideas. They let Victoria walk around with her hair pulled back so tight that her eyebrows almost touch her hairline, it really is deeply unattractive on Victoria and I'm surprised no one has mentioned it to her.

You'd think they way people are going on that Kate never wears her hair in any other style which it patently false. She has worn her hair both fully tied back and 'half and half' on more that one occasion over the last 10 days.

:previous: I think Catherine has very beautiful hair but, and it's a biggie, she is headed the same way as CP Victoria and the ubiquitous ponytail.

I'm very disappointed that she hasn't figured out that most evening dresses demand an up do. It doesn't have to be severe but it does have to be elegant and that Alexander McQueen screamed "I'm elegant and I am not a pair of jeans".

Flowing locks Au natural are OK when you are in a casual setting but when you are wearing serious diamond drop earrings from Her Majesty you don't do the "little girl" thing hiding behind your hair!

Catherine is not s teenager of 19 but a mature woman of 29 and she has the confidence, shape and budget to dress well when she is representing her country. She needs to up her game if she is to maximize her presence. A lighter hand on the eyeliner wouldn't hurt either.

The fabric, flow, color and cut is nice and simple but the hair left open ruined it all for me. Her hair stylist could've made a simple up-do especially since the neckline is quite high, moreover this was an evening event which would've been perfect. The earrings look lovely but again you hardly notice them with the hair pulled all to the front.

I agree! I love this hairstyle for a casual day-event but it's too messy and undone for a black tie evening event. Would've loved to see her hair up in a nice dutt. I love her sense for fashion most of the time but her hair get's boring with time as she's wearing the same style most of the time. She has such lovely hair, why not try out different hairstyles? The dress is pretty but not as special as the packham-dress she wore for the last evening event, but perfect for Kate as she loves this understated, simple look. Love the shoes and bag ( thanks god she's not wearing L.K.Bennett again).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom