The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Commoner

Her hair looks stunning and its such a lovely night time colour, it a very elegent but understated look! wonderfull!!

Old 07-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Serene Highness

Without watermarks

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln...rmi6o1_500.jpg
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln...ajs6o1_500.jpg
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln...rmi6o1_500.jpg

Issa purple dress: http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/ly...012_large.jpeg

. I'm curious about the earrings, thought.....

There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Mia mae your links above do not work!
Old 07-01-2011, 11:42 PM
Courtier

Beautiful! Love the colour, and her hair. Love it!
Old 07-01-2011, 11:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Mia mae your links above do not work!
let's try again

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln...ajs6o1_500.jpg
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln...ajs6o1_500.jpg
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln...rmi6o1_500.jpg

does it work now?
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, thank you!
Old 07-01-2011, 11:45 PM
Courtier

Great photos of purple dress in this article:

Kate Middleton and Prince William's royal tour: Canada Day 2011 is red hot! | Mail Online
Old 07-01-2011, 11:46 PM
Royal Highness

Yes, Working fine :) thank you! Lovely outfit and hair- great look. She really hit a home run with this one!
Old 07-02-2011, 12:18 AM
Commoner

Just to add I've heard she's wearing Prada shoes and her bespoke black silk Auya Hindmarch 'Maud' clutch, seen last at the Waley wedding and with the Obama's!!
Old 07-02-2011, 12:34 AM
Aristocracy

Love, love, love the whole outfit. It doesn't seem old to me, it seems classic - which is smart. It won't look dated. Later on, Diana's clothes became more classic in nature and aged well in photographs, but at the beginning she had some really screaming eighties outfits.

I think Catherine is playing it exactly right. She's very beautiful and they are obviously in love and I think she means to do this well - that she did not undertake it lightly and does not want to be seen as a silly woman for whom fashion is more than a guideline and a minor part of her "role", if you will - but not an occupation. I think her clothing choices are the exact right balance between "classic" and "understated" - which is how I believe she will play out her role - as a very traditional Queen Consort - strong and supportive, following the lead of the Sovereign, undertaking her own interests in a gradual and low keyed manner. Her clothes say this, I think.

Either way, it's a lovely outfit and I love the color and the hair and the brooch is perfect. It's old enough to be retro-cool on its own and it's serious enough to be considered bling and even were it none of those things, it sends a message to the people of Canada, of whom she will one day be Queen, that she cares about our traditions and our loyalty and takes her role as the future custodian of those traditions and loyalties seriously.

If it's a little large or out of place or too staid, we must remember what it means and factor that into the judgement. It's like saying that general's uniform would look better if the medals were color coordinated or all of the same metal.

Win from me.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:42 AM
Administrator

I might be the only person but the hair up does NOTHING for me. It takes away from Catherine's look IMO.

For women with long hair (I have it as well) there's not much you can do with it...it can be straight, curly, half up/half down or whatever, but I think on the whole it looks better when its out.

For some reason, with her hair up it looks like she just got a rubber band or something. I need a clearer picture of the back...but I think with the dress and the pin, a nice curly set would have been nice...or a sleek ponytail to the side.

Beautiful dress though...and yes...the pin does wear better with the purple. I pulled out my copy of The Queen's Jewels...and the Queen Mary's Rose of York bracelet would have been nice...but too flashy in these economic times.

Old 07-02-2011, 01:00 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

^Here's some better photos of the back.

Prince William with Kate Middleton | Celebrity-gossip.net

Prince William with Kate Middleton | Celebrity-gossip.net

Thanks for the info on the shoes and the clutch, brenhinol,
Old 07-02-2011, 01:12 AM
Nobility

To all our forumees who think she should wear her hair up more:

The upswept hair style she wore tonight makes her look considerably older.

Zonk: You hit the proverbial nail on the head and I agree with you completely. After months of reading the comments of so many of our fellow participants who are so very anxious to see Catherine's hair up, I fail to see the point. She has a lovely long neck and the most beautiful hair and there are few that can wear their hair down as well. I thought yesterday's half up/half down was terrific as well.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love all her looks, dresses, shoes, handbags, fasinator/hat, hair, she looks stunning! just how does she do it? the newspapers said she always has her hairdresser, but all this clothes are with no wrinkles and normally when you travel the clothes get wrinkles , so who is ironing her clothes her hairdreserr? may be her secretary?
or may be she has magic suitcases?
anyhow she looks perfect!
Old 07-02-2011, 01:46 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanna Wynne View Post
To all our forumees who think she should wear her hair up more:

The upswept hair style she wore tonight makes her look considerably older.
I agree, and that is because Kate chose a Princess Anne hairstyle and nothing that would be suitable for a young woman her age.

Lovely dress but the material looks cheap to me and it is not very well fitted, I am not suprised that people talk about weight loss / Kate being too skinny since dresses like these are just hanging off her body.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:57 AM
Aristocracy

I do think the updo tonight makes Kate look a bit older. But I'm interested in the earrings, and glad that her hair is up, so I can get a good look at them. Anyone recognize these? They have a ring of familiarity to me, but I can't "place" them. I don't think they were Diana's so maybe from Kate's collection?
Old 07-02-2011, 02:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen
I love all her looks, dresses, shoes, handbags, fasinator/hat, hair, she looks stunning! just how does she do it? the newspapers said she always has her hairdresser, but all this clothes are with no wrinkles and normally when you travel the clothes get wrinkles , so who is ironing her clothes her hairdreserr? may be her secretary?
or may be she has magic suitcases?
anyhow she looks perfect!

After her marriage on April 29th, it was reported that HRH the DoC was suppossed to be accompanied, along with HRH the Duke of Cambridge, to this visit to Canada by her senior lady-in-waiting. Many of the duties mentioned are the reason for the sr liw employ, and I am almost positive she is paid very well - definitely, not a minium wage job. I am not sure if HRH the DoC's sister, Miss Philippa Middleton, was ever hired, as was reported, for the job.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:39 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Kate in a purple Issa dress looked really like the color and design, its pretty for the event, elegant yet simple. Im also really happy that she has her hair up, finally! Looks much nicer on her.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:57 AM
Heir Apparent

I think she looks lovely here the colour is great and yes that heaven the hair is up .... it's a miracle.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Her hair looks nice but I prefer it loose.
The purple dress I not my favorite dress on her.

Closed Thread