The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 05:30 AM
Courtier

She looks lovely. I liked her earrings very much.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Catherine View Post
I love her hair. It is a half updo or something? Anyway she looked lovely. Love the dress

Kate Middleton in Temperley Grecian dresss at charity dinner after Wills gets Falklands posting | Mail Online

Simply a GODDESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-11-2011, 06:18 AM
Heir Apparent

I love the dress, the colour everything but...I don't know there is something, maybe the shoulder is way too much...
Old 11-11-2011, 06:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

The dress is very beautiful, but it doesn´t suit Catherine at all. She is too slender to look good in it. And every time I see her, she looks older and older. She has to do something to her make up, it makes her look 10 years older than she really is.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:55 AM
Nobility

I'm not sure the make up is too heavy. I wears such heavy make up at night. But I think this is accentuate because the photograph took the photos too near from her visage. A very curious way to take photo.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
^ The earrings are amazing! They are definitely something! Love to borrow them one day!
Do you think if we knocked on the door of CH and asked Kate if we could borrow her earrings, she'd oblige us?

There's a video in the D & D of Cam current events thread where those earrings just flash with light; absolutely stunning. They almost look like a leaf pattern, too. I'm glad we're starting to see more of the jewels that Kate was either gifted or was loaned by HM.

I would like to see Kate wear again the Jennie Packham blush pink gown she wore to her first formal event after her marriage, or at least a similar design. The style emphasized her figure beautifully and was very sophisticated. She currently tends to favor gowns that have draping and folds that seem to engulf her figure, although I'm glad to see she's revealing her arms and shoulders more. But if Kate really wanted to be creative and versatile for this event, she could have worn her hair up in a Grecian style to carry the design of her dress. Her hair worn as is doesn't have the sophistication required for an evening look, IMO.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think it's a heavy make-up for the evening event. It looks great with the delicacy of the gown she was wearing. Delicate (off-white I think?) gown and heavier make-up make perfect pair.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

I don't like the makeup, it a yes her quite a bit IMO. The eyeliner is way too heavy and it doesn't really suit her being that heavy. Th blush looks like she put it on in the dark.

The dress - I like the color but I think a different shade of grey or a totally different color would've looked nice on her. the style is lovely but I think the skirt part of the dress is way too much fabric for her, it overwhelms her IMO. The asymmetrical top part looks greta on her and she does wear it well.

Hair - Hair up would've looked great with this style dress.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Heir Apparent

The dress per se is fine. However Duchess of Cambridge's make up made her look rough and older.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Royal Highness

A lovely look - and the hair style is very attractive, but like some earlier posts I wish she had gone one step further & put it up or swept back with a plaited style/long pony tail - I'm envisaging the whole Grecian look (think Clash of the Titans). But then again given the event this probably would have been considered a little too theatrical . Perhaps she'll save this look for another time.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
I don't like the makeup, it a yes her quite a bit IMO. The eyeliner is way too heavy and it doesn't really suit her being that heavy. Th blush looks like she put it on in the dark.

The dress - I like the color but I think a different shade of grey or a totally different color would've looked nice on her. the style is lovely but I think the skirt part of the dress is way too much fabric for her, it overwhelms her IMO. The asymmetrical top part looks greta on her and she does wear it well.

Hair - Hair up would've looked great with this style dress.
I agree with your remarks. The only think that I'll add is that her earrings are spectacular.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:46 PM
Aristocracy

This is one occasion where the lack of color is a plus. The sheen of this gown shows off the diamond jewelry (has anyone mentioned that bracelet yet???) perfectly. The earrings are really stunning. I agree with others that the makeup is too heavy. Take a look at this image from getty

Catherine Duchess Of Cambridge Talks To People At A Reception In Aid

maybe she's not confident about her complexion?

Where are you guys seeing a good image of the shoes?
Old 11-11-2011, 01:46 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The dress is okay but her sky high heels look awful and her make up looks like it's painted on.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:39 PM
Heir Apparent

The dress is lovely, but does not suit Cathrine somehow.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:38 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

She looks good - I really like this dress on her. And as other have said, the earrings are amazing.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
A lovely look - and the hair style is very attractive, but like some earlier posts I wish she had gone one step further & put it up or swept back with a plaited style/long pony tail - I'm envisaging the whole Grecian look (think Clash of the Titans). But then again given the event this probably would have been considered a little too theatrical . Perhaps she'll save this look for another time.
Yes, it would have been too OTT if Kate went all the way and threaded ribbons and garlands in her hair, but an updo with some cascading hair would have been perfect.

And about the makeup, all I can say is that I'm older than Kate and wear less makeup than she does, and look younger than my age. I've learned that when it's applied too heavily, makeup ages you, no matter how old you are.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Royal Highness

Not the best look IMO.
I've read that this dress was custom made for Kate. If it's true I can blame the designer, it's simply too big for the duchess. Angelina Jolie worn similar gown but looked much better, dress was made in right size and suited her thin body (and color was better too). On Kate I see too much material material compared to her figure. I would also change the color for some solid, she would be looked better I think, this one delicate washed her out. Bad shoes, she towering over the guests, Kate is hight and doesn't need additional centimeters. I prefer her light pink gown from Jenny worn at some gala at the beginning on summer.

I wish she would wear some from Jenny Packham S/S 2012 collection:
style.com - deep V-neck neckline (preferred by kate)
style.com - nice detail on the waist and delicate lace sleeves (of course not so deep neckline)

Again strong and harsh make-up. Yes, on evening she can use more cosmetics but it looks bad, especially almost black eyebrows and eyeliner. I wish she would wear an up-do to show better her beautiful earrings.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:08 PM
Nobility

Catherine's style this round is very similar to Maxima, where Maxima attended her 40th birthday concert with the one-shoulder orange gown and one-side up hairstyle. Not to compare but just to say similar style. Perhaps she is still not comfortable showing her scar, her hairstyle always has her fringe pile on her left to cover up the scar. I still held my belief firmly that Catherine had tattooed eyeliner - her eyeliner is always too perfectly circling her eyes especially at the meeting point near her nose. And her eyebrow getting thicker - during initial stage from engagement announcement, her eyebrow at least appear thinner (although during the engagement press conference, her right brow was not fill-out properly). I hope she could get a proper make-up artist to help her, there are things you just can't do it on your own. Her face appeared dark and oily -she need to get in the professional to know how to pro-long the make-up using appropriate make-up or oil control regime.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:20 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Time to close this thread - thanks for all your contributions!
The new thread can be found here!