The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 08:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlklhm View Post
Perhaps that's why she prefers her hair to be down so that the scar is less obvious?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
I think you may have just hit the nail on the head. Maybe she just feels more comfortable and confident with her hair down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Well, it looks beautiful this way and I hope the revelation about the scar doesn't prevent Kate from wearing this style anymore. It's barely noticeable and no one would have known if that photograph didn't show it.
I think you have all nailed it. Perhaps Catherine has been self-conscious about it being seen. It would explain her fixation on having her hair falling down her face.

Baroness, I think that now we know that what we, or more correctly the tabloid cameras, saw was actually a scar and not the "dreaded hair extensions" the story is now a non-event. It is old news and would irritate the readers rather than titivate. Truth be told, I bet the tabloids are miffed that it is not hair extensions and therefore curtailed many, many inches of sniping coloums now, and in the future!

But overall I was impressed at such composure for a "first solo", and even more impressed that she managed to pull off such an impressive look on such short notice. I loved the dress. It is not something I would wear but it suits Catherine's personality perfectly. I love the way the skirt falls as it accentuates her femininity and detracts from her slim frame.

Her hairstyle was lovely and was the perfect compliment to the style of her gown. Her jewellery added the finishing touch. Elegant and sophisticated, the earrings framed her hair to perfection whilst the bracelet completed the outfit. Any further jewellery would have clashed with or overwhelmed the beading on the shoulder straps and bust line of the gown.

The only negative, if one could call it that, was her height. Perhaps next time she will remember that she is tall and really high heels accentuate that and leave her peering down on a large proportion of older guests. I am guessing it is age that is relevant as I don't remember her towering over guests at her previous engagements, but I could be wrong!

Old 10-27-2011, 08:43 PM
Courtier

She is a beautiful woman and I am glad for her.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Baroness, I think that now we know that what we, or more correctly the tabloid cameras, saw was actually a scar and not the "dreaded hair extensions" the story is now a non-event. It is old news and would irritate the readers rather than titivate. Truth be told, I bet the tabloids are miffed that it is not hair extensions and therefore curtailed many, many inches of sniping coloums now, and in the future!

But overall I was impressed at such composure for a "first solo", and even more impressed that she managed to pull off such an impressive look on such short notice. I loved the dress. It is not something I would wear but it suits Catherine's personality perfectly. I love the way the skirt falls as it accentuates her femininity and detracts from her slim frame.

Her hairstyle was lovely and was the perfect compliment to the style of her gown. Her jewellery added the finishing touch. Elegant and sophisticated, the earrings framed her hair to perfection whilst the bracelet completed the outfit. Any further jewellery would have clashed with or overwhelmed the beading on the shoulder straps and bust line of the gown.

The only negative, if one could call it that, was her height. Perhaps next time she will remember that she is tall and really high heels accentuate that and leave her peering down on a large proportion of older guests. I am guessing it is age that is relevant as I don't remember her towering over guests at her previous engagements, but I could be wrong!
Marg, I totally agree with what you've said about Kate's appearance and deportment. And the scar is a non-issue and barely noticeable, as I had mentioned, and it would be ridiculous of the tabloids to try to beat a dead horse, let alone attempt to resuscitate it. So many people do carry scars for a variety of reasons. But I just wouldn't put it past the tabloids that now they've stumbled on something that occurred in Kate's past (albeit distant), they'll try to sensationalize it with their usual incisive and accurate spin on things.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Thanks for the story, Royal Newbie. I hate when these tabloids rush to publish misinformation just for the sake of printing a story and even though they now amended it, it would have been better if it was correct to start with!

And really, what would be the terrible crime in wearing hair extensions?

I can't see why she'd need them with her long hair, but so what if she did?
Old 10-27-2011, 11:08 PM
Heir Apparent

None whatsoever since many women use products and other aids to add volume to their hair, but you almost get the impression that the tabloids felt they found the secret to her lush mane - horrors, HAIR EXTENSIONS - and were ready to capitalize on that, perhaps by claiming that her enviable hair isn't all her hair. Unfortunately for them, the small matter of the scar put the spanner in the works. Never let the truth get in the way of a good story! Anything they could dig up to possibly portray her negatively. That's just how I see it, that's all.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:10 PM
Royal Highness

In the name of law,everyone stop wearing hair extensions! *lol* Really,I think some people just get a lot of satisfaction out of critisising every detail of what Catherine is wearing or doing...I donīt think there is any reason to stop using everything available to enhance your beauty if it makes you feel better and more at ease with your body and general appearance.Thereīs a huge pressure on women to look perfect all the time.Men donīt get even half of this scrutiny and itīs ok if they step on the red carpet unshaved with sloppy clothes or a chubby body-this is really unfair and not beneficial to any womanīs self-consciousness who wants to be seen as more than just decoration...Everyone of us makes fashion faux-pas or looks bad sometimes -we should try to be less hard on people who are constantly being photographed and followed and be happy that we are not the only ones having issues with make-up,wardrobe,hair etc....
Old 10-27-2011, 11:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel
In the name of law,everyone stop wearing hair extensions! *lol* Really,I think some people just get a lot of satisfaction out of critisising every detail of what Catherine is wearing or doing...I donīt think there is any reason to stop using everything available to enhance your beauty if it makes you feel better and more at ease with your body and general appearance.Thereīs a huge pressure on women to look perfect all the time.Men donīt get even half of this scrutiny and itīs ok if they step on the red carpet unshaved with sloppy clothes or a chubby body-this is really unfair and not beneficial to any womanīs self-consciousness who wants to be seen as more than just decoration...Everyone of us makes fashion faux-pas or looks bad sometimes -we should try to be less hard on people who are constantly being photographed and followed and be happy that we are not the only ones having issues with make-up,wardrobe,hair etc....
Amen! Men don't deal with nearly the same kind of pressure and I think it's petty to tear apart women for the slightest physical blemish.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:18 AM
Serene Highness

I think Catherine looked lovely, I was surprised with the high heels only because it forces her to look down and so many of the guests to look up. I understand at her age the preference for high heels but maybe she could reserve the higher heels for other events when she will not be constantly conversing with people, especially older people who tend to be shorter. I do think she looked very elegant and composed. How nice that the POW asked her to step in for him.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:59 AM
Heir Apparent

She was really lovely. dress, make up, hair, everything.
As regards the high heels i think it is very difficult NOT to wear high heels with an evening gown. It creates a kind of assymetry.
As regards the hair extensions story it is sooo stupid. You seesee that tabloids have really nothing "crunchy" to sell on her.
Saying "OMG !! she wears extensions!!!" is so stupid like if they said "OMG she wears skin foundation and lip gloss".
Really an empty new!
I presume that next step for tabloids is to find out WHAT kind of operation she had.
I already imagine them to interview kindergarden palls...
Old 10-28-2011, 02:19 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel

And really, what would be the terrible crime in wearing hair extensions?

I can't see why she'd need them with her long hair, but so what if she did?
Yes..so what if she did?? Hair extension used appropriately could create sensational looks. Queen Silvia of Sweden and her tiara hair came to mind!!
Old 10-28-2011, 03:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Hair extensions is just another appereance "artifice". We all know that all these princesses do not jump from the bed and go to official duties.
And especially for evening "tiara" appereances it is obvious that "hair helps" are used.
Remember Queen Silvia, Pcs Grace or even Pcs Caroline when she was abt 18 - 20. I even doubt that some of Pcs Letizia's very voluminous hair looks are not so innocents.
And suddenly for Kate is a scandal....
Old 10-28-2011, 03:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Hair extensions scar who cares IMO I have no idea what all of this is about I thought she looked lovely, I liked the diamond bracelet and thought the gown a vast improvement on the red.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Catherine View Post
Not everyone is bulky you know. She is just thin get over it. It's getting a little old. I thought she looked lovely. I have a dress that looks similar though not nearly the same and I don't think of it like a night gown. She looks lovely. By the way, this type of dress isn't meant to accent curves per say. It looks how it is supposed to look. That's how mine and everyone else I've seen wearing dresses of that style look. She looks pretty and i love her jewelry.
I don't have to get over with anything because you say it. And I didn't say she has to be bulky. Respecting other persons opinion without getting offensive seems to be something you are not familiar with. I for myself respect your opinion. After all, we are only talking about dresses - nothing more.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Kates latest white dress with silver embellishments is one of her nicest dress Imo so far worn. The cut is really flattering and she does wear it and the color very well. I like how she has her half pulled back, a really nice change even if she went for curls.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
I think Catherine looked lovely, I was surprised with the high heels only because it forces her to look down and so many of the guests to look up. I understand at her age the preference for high heels but maybe she could reserve the higher heels for other events when she will not be constantly conversing with people, especially older people who tend to be shorter. I do think she looked very elegant and composed. How nice that the POW asked her to step in for him.

Perhaps she needed the heels because of the length of her dress?
It might be too long otherwise, and she'd be stumbling over the hem.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlklhm View Post
Yes..so what if she did?? Hair extension used appropriately could create sensational looks. Queen Silvia of Sweden and her tiara hair came to mind!!
Nothing wrong at all with hair extensions. I think the problem comes with most people thinking she is perfect all the time. Then they get riled when some "flaw" is discovered. Sorry, but it does not look like a scar to me. If it is a scar, she needs to get that pendulant looking, sticky-outie thing removed.

Extensions, scar with droopy thing or not. She did look very nice.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

It looks like raised keloid scarring to me. My cousin has some keloid scars from surgery and they look like that. Plus, someone on another royal board posted a few older photos where the scar was visible.

I love the bracelet she wore. I'm hoping to see more sparkly jewelry as time goes on.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Nothing wrong at all with hair extensions. I think the problem comes with most people thinking she is perfect all the time. Then they get riled when some "flaw" is discovered. Sorry, but it does not look like a scar to me. If it is a scar, she needs to get that pendulant looking, sticky-outie thing removed.

Extensions, scar with droopy thing or not. She did look very nice.
What "pendulant looking, sticky-outie thing" are you referring to?
Old 10-30-2011, 03:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

I just need to say that I do not think a woman with curves or more weight on her would look good in that dress that Kate wore. I have seen a curvier woman wear a flowy dress like that and it made them look even bigger. Plus the bodice could cause skin to scrunch over the top and give the impression that the wearer is fat when they aren't. There are already people commenting that Kate's arms look fat.
As for hair extensions, I think they are fantastic and look great on a lot of people like Victoria Beckham, the Kardashian's and other hollywood inhabitants.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 10-30-2011, 12:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Are these people kidding? They first complain that Kate's too thin and now they think her arms are fat? I think her arms are well-toned and the style dress she wore displayed them beautifully. She's also got lovely shoulders as well. It's nice to see her wear something that actually displays her body rather than concealing it and I thought she looked stunning, actually one of her better appearances. I agree that a curvier woman would not have looked half as good in that gown as she did, IMO, unless it was extremely well-fitted to prevent spillage over the bodice and straps not digging in the skin.

Closed Thread