The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 12:41 PM
Royal Highness

It looks really fresh and glamourous,I also like the way she wears her hair:-)
It might look a little bit revealing in comparison with everyone else at this event because they were wearing rather conservative clothes,but if you have a nice body why donīt show it?
Seriously,she looks like a nun compared to what some women wear on "Dancing with the Stars"...
I donīt like this whole Catherine-bashing,one time sheīs too skinny,another time sheīs too bold,than she wears dresses that look like nightgowns....?! Of course everyone should feel free to critisise but try to stay polite and respectful,even if you donīt like her or her middle class upbringing!Remember other people also look at you and rate your appearance/fashion/work and Iīm sure you would also like them to talk to you in a friendly way....

Old 10-27-2011, 01:00 PM
Aristocracy

Apparently the Daily Mail was in error and Catherine was not wearing hair extensions. What they saw was a scar from a childhood operation.

Kate's childhood ordeal: Palace reveals Duchess's serious childhood operation that left her with huge scar on her head

I posted this in the Current events thread as well and realized this might be a better place for it.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Amanda Wakeley Fall 2006...
Old 10-27-2011, 01:19 PM
Majesty

I love the color, shape and style of the gown, but not the double straps. Single ones would have been better, in my opinion. Her hair and earrings were gorgeous. Overall, well done, especially for a last minute engagement.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the story, Royal Newbie. I hate when these tabloids rush to publish misinformation just for the sake of printing a story and even though they now amended it, it would have been better if it was correct to start with!
Old 10-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Nobility

Perhaps that's why she prefers her hair to be down so that the scar is less obvious?
Old 10-27-2011, 01:57 PM
Courtier

From Amanda Wakeley Fall 2006 collection:

MYROYALS: THE DUCHESS OF CAMBR
Old 10-27-2011, 02:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Loved last night's dress! Cathrine looked stunning!
Old 10-27-2011, 02:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlklhm View Post
Perhaps that's why she prefers her hair to be down so that the scar is less obvious?
I think you may have just hit the nail on the head. Maybe she just feels more comfortable and confident with her hair down.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, it looks beautiful this way and I hope the revelation about the scar doesn't prevent Kate from wearing this style anymore. It's barely noticeable and no one would have known if that photograph didn't show it.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:05 PM
Majesty

Given the other attendees' outfits, the Duchess of Cambridge looked all right. There is something unsophisticated about the whole look.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love the dress and hairdo. She looked good.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:21 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Given the other attendees' outfits, the Duchess of Cambridge looked all right. There is something unsophisticated about the whole look.
I think Kate's appearance was very unpretentious. Simple, yet elegant and suited her perfectly. This is not a woman that dresses to stand out in a crowd or create any kind of shock waves.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlklhm View Post

This is one of my pet peeves...when a garment is described as 'vintage' when it is only from 2006, it is only 2011 now!!...a 5 year old dress is NOT vintage...it is old, yes, from a few seasons ago, yes, but not vintage...Vintage should mean an original garment from the 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, etc that is vintage...her grandmother-in-law would have some authentic vintage...
Old 10-27-2011, 06:52 PM
Serene Highness

Kate looks beautiful as always and I love how she manages to create simple yet elegant fashions.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:07 PM
Heir Apparent

I love the dress, the color, the style, but not on her. IMO if you have bones and ribs showing, you should cover up, or have a major diamond necklace helping you out.
Her hairstyle is absolutely brilliant and flattering, however and just about saves it!
Old 10-27-2011, 07:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
This is one of my pet peeves...when a garment is described as 'vintage' when it is only from 2006, it is only 2011 now!!...a 5 year old dress is NOT vintage...it is old, yes, from a few seasons ago, yes, but not vintage...Vintage should mean an original garment from the 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, etc that is vintage...her grandmother-in-law would have some authentic vintage...
Yes, I have the same objection - that vintage is not a number you can count on one hand but items that are decades old. Misuse of this word, IMO.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:22 PM
Courtier

I think the dress and Kate are not the best combination. Seperately both are beautiful but together they don't seem to fit. A dress like this needs to be worn by a woman with at least some curves. The Duchess is very skinny. It simply does not look good on her.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:03 PM
Nobility

Not everyone is bulky you know. She is just thin get over it. It's getting a little old. I thought she looked lovely. I have a dress that looks similar though not nearly the same and I don't think of it like a night gown. She looks lovely. By the way, this type of dress isn't meant to accent curves per say. It looks how it is supposed to look. That's how mine and everyone else I've seen wearing dresses of that style look. She looks pretty and i love her jewelry.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:13 PM
Royal Highness

Exactly,just because the fabric is flowy and white doesnīt mean it looks like a nightgown!I love the strap-detail,it looks nice and special in my eyes...the silhouette is good because it makes a beautiful figure and she doesnīt look skinny with this style.From all the dresses I remember sheīs been wearing after her wedding this is probably the most daring one because it shows a little bit of skin around the shoulder and cleavage,but itīs not too much IMO. Of course someone might argue that a princess needs to wear conservative,high-necked dresses all the time (which would bore me to death) instead of trying to be fashionable.I guess one way or another-Catherine is never going to please everybody so she should just be confident and wear whatever she feels comfortable in :-)

Closed Thread