The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 02:22 PM
Nobility

The dress is really pretty & I love the red color, but it does look a bit night gown-ish and the style seems a bit 70's to me, at least in the style of sleeves. But that is just my opinion.
Kate looks beautiful, as always, but I do wish she would wear her hair differently now and then. With that gorgeous hair, she has so many options.

Be who you are And say what you feel Because those who mind don't matter And those who matter don't mind-Dr. Seuss
Old 10-14-2011, 02:45 PM
Courtier

Kate looks lovely. The dress was a perfect color. I think the sash was hanging down and make the dress look long. I loved the sleeves.

Old 10-14-2011, 03:54 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Catherine looks okay to me.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:37 PM
Courtier

The problem IMO is that is too much going on, the sleeves, the color, the lace on the waist, the long hair and the curls.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:34 AM
Nobility

the gold bag she had on that night
http://whatkatewore.com/wp-content/u...ope-clutch.jpg
Old 10-15-2011, 01:44 AM
Courtier

I like the red dress I think it's the sleaves that make it look a bit like a nightie and the belt is really sagging down. Kate does have a style this is the same shape/style dress that she always wears. She likes it at least she is in red! I like her hair down with this I think it suits the dress up might be too formal for the event. But a nice necklace would have been nice and added some sparkle. William looks handsome!
Old 10-15-2011, 02:48 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
I feel like we've seen this type of dress a thousand times, for example the blue engagement dress. It's nothing special IMO, though red suits her a lot.
My feeling exactly.Same droopy dress, same droopy hair. I see way, way, way into the future and yes, it's permanent deja vu, albeit in a rainbow of colours!

Unfortunately we are likely to see endless incarnations of this dreary and boring nightie affair. The only thing that seems to change is the depth of the plunge neckline, and yes, I think this one is way too low, and as such, renders the whole thing tacky.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

I also think Catherine looked good at this event last night/yesterday. She really did a necklace or *something* though. Nothing flashy, but still it needed that little bit of sparkle.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:53 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

I like the dress but I wish see her with nice hairdo and some jewels.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:09 AM
Nobility

I think Catherine looks wonderful in that red dress!
On a different note: it is good to see she has a 'fuller' face again. I think in the past couple of months she was too thin, but this makes her face look softer.
I am glad she has gained weight again.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Nice red dress, I also wish the hair was up and she had on a brooch or necklace but she looks really pretty.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

I share with previous posts the disappointment about the lack of jewels. Lets face it, when royalty get dressed up for an evening out most people would expect to see them decked out in at least one stunning piece of jewellery. And I don't necessarily mean flashy, ( Goodness knows there's enough to choose from). Kate looks fine in her red gown, but personally I'd like her to stand out a little more and that means jewels.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:08 PM
Nobility

I think that Princess Catherine with this make-up look older than she is!!!
Old 10-15-2011, 04:04 PM
Majesty

The color is beautiful but I don't like how it fits her.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love the red dress on her, but I would like to see it with her hair pulled back in a sleek ponytail and some great diamond earrings! That would have been great!
Old 10-16-2011, 02:52 AM
Heir Apparent

The color is very nice but it is something "too much" on this dress. Maybe the bottom part should be simpler straight.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Other than the color of the gown, I didn't care for the style at all. The gown looked too much like a negligee and appeared somewhat voluminous for Kate's figure. The entire look gave me a feeling that everything was too long - Kate's long hair, the long drooping sleeves, the hem spilling onto the floor, and even the sagging bow around her waist. And I realize that Kate is minimal with her jewelry, but when you're the Duchess of Cambridge dressing for a formal event you should avail yourself of the jewels you're entitled to. Not pile it on, of course, but a sparkling necklace and earrings would have added so much to the outfit with a complementary hairstyle to showcase the jewels. I hope she overcomes her reticence about wearing suitable jewels in the near future.

And, IMO, if Kate trimmed some inches from her hair it would look better coiffed and less flyaway. I agree her stylist should take some tips from Princess Mary of Denmark's hairdresser who styles her long hair so beautifully.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:02 PM
Serene Highness

i love the dress..its a safe choice and she rocks it
Old 10-25-2011, 10:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by marta19pl View Post
I think that Princess Catherine with this make-up look older than she is!!!
Interestingly, I read an interview with Bobbi Brown, in which she says that all the cosmetics used by Pippa, Mrs. Middleton (she was coy about Kate "I know who supplies her") and her people did the wedding make-up.
I thought the red dress was fine, except those bell sleeves. The color looks great on her.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:10 AM
Royal Highness

Hmm...of course Bobbi Brown says she knows Kate is using her products,I would do exactly the same if I want to sell my stuff

I don´t know why but I like the dress,it is bohemian and chic and the red colour looks great on her!
...Cheers for women who are not afraid of bright colours
Always liked Kate´s make-up best when she kept it as natural as possible because she has a beautiful face and doesn´t need heavy black eyeliner or a flashy lipstick to look nice.

Closed Thread