The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 08:02 AM
Courtier

Kate always looks wonderful in red and can carry this particular shade very well. I see what you mean when you say the gown looks a little "night gownish". I think this is more because of the gown being too long as opposed to the actual design of the gown. I think a lovely string of pearls would have lifted this entire look and brought in the glamor that is missing here.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:07 AM
Heir Apparent

I love the color of the dress, but I think the sleeves are a trifle too long and make the dress look like it's overwhelming her.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:21 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

I think that Catherine looks good in red. I like the dress, nice cut. The brand of the dress is Beluah London
Old 10-14-2011, 08:37 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
13/10/11 The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at a fundraising Gala evening in aid of the Child Bereavement Charity
http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/oc...-732983355.jpg

Great colour for Kate, the hair as usual. I am missing some jewellery and all in all the dress is too nightgown-ish for me.
If I didnt know Kate's age I would ask myself when looking at William why they allowed him to marry a much older woman.
When did they attend this event? Was it before their marriage? I am just asking because I haven't seen Kate wear anything as low cut since they have been married.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:52 AM
Heir Apparent

I feel like we've seen this type of dress a thousand times, for example the blue engagement dress. It's nothing special IMO, though red suits her a lot.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:57 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
When did they attend this event? Was it before their marriage? I am just asking because I haven't seen Kate wear anything as low cut since they have been married.
It was yesterday.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:00 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
I feel like we've seen this type of dress a thousand times, for example the blue engagement dress. It's nothing special IMO, though red suits her a lot.
In fact at the beginning when I saw the photo I thought that it was an Issa dress. The style seems quite similar
Old 10-14-2011, 10:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Great color but not a big fan of the dress.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:22 AM
Heir Apparent

The red appears very garish on my monitor. I never expect Kate to wear anything different, stylewise, just variations on a theme. Most of us do that. There's nothing wrong with that way of dressing.

Nice to see them out.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:39 AM
Serene Highness

I wish she would put her hair up or something!
Old 10-14-2011, 10:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
If I didnt know Kate's age I would ask myself when looking at William why they allowed him to marry a much older woman.
Funny, I was thinking the same thing when I looked at the picture before reading your comment. The outfit really makes her look old, don't know if it's the red or the nightgown
Old 10-14-2011, 11:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Yuk and it appears to me to be too long. It is frankly boring looking on her. He looks gorgeous. IMO Also totally agree that her hair would look better up or out of her face.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:47 AM
Majesty

I do not think the dress was anything special, but I think Catherine looked absolutely wonderful. I do wish a few jewels start to appear when she is dressed formally like this.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:56 AM
Heir Apparent

The colour looks lovely on her but the dress seams to big for her, maybe the sleeves, the length...it looks really big for her!
Old 10-14-2011, 12:00 PM
Nobility

Catharine loos different the face..she looks very very well rested..
Old 10-14-2011, 12:02 PM
Nobility

Honestly I really loved the dress. It's her style and looks really beautiful on her. jewelry for me won't have added or taken away from the dress. She looks very nice. I don't think she looks old at all. She looks very lovely and the color is beautiful. I love it.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:03 PM

Or she's finally put on a few pounds?

I like the color of the dress, but I agree with some posters that it looks nightgown-like.

Old 10-14-2011, 12:29 PM
Serene Highness

I would have loved to have seen some jewels as well, I am wondering if it was due to the particular charity that the bling was reigned in, though Kate doesn't seem to be a bling person, hopefully that will change. I think that dress would have looked fantastic with a gorgeous necklace filling the neckline. Overall though, I think she looked marvelous. As to the same type of dress, as Kitty Atlanta said, most of us have a chosen "style" or stick with something that we feel is most flattering. She is accused by some of having no particular style or look, and I would disagree. I think she most certainly does and this dress and her other Issa dresses and the Jenny Packham dress all have the same soft drapy look. Though I would love to see her hair up on occasion, I do think her hair looked fantastic.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Gorgeous and what a handsome hubby....
Old 10-14-2011, 01:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Gorgeous and what a handsome hubby....
Aye, aye. Love it all (and the husband is drool-worthy). OK, I'm really done now...*walks away before saying something even more embarrassing*.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Closed Thread