The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear, Part 1: June 2011 - November 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice red dress, I also wish the hair was up and she had on a brooch or necklace but she looks really pretty.

I share with previous posts the disappointment about the lack of jewels. Lets face it, when royalty get dressed up for an evening out most people would expect to see them decked out in at least one stunning piece of jewellery. And I don't necessarily mean flashy, ( Goodness knows there's enough to choose from). Kate looks fine in her red gown, but personally I'd like her to stand out a little more and that means jewels.

I think that Princess Catherine with this make-up look older than she is!!!

The color is beautiful but I don't like how it fits her.

I love the red dress on her, but I would like to see it with her hair pulled back in a sleek ponytail and some great diamond earrings! That would have been great!

The color is very nice but it is something "too much" on this dress. Maybe the bottom part should be simpler straight.

Other than the color of the gown, I didn't care for the style at all. The gown looked too much like a negligee and appeared somewhat voluminous for Kate's figure. The entire look gave me a feeling that everything was too long - Kate's long hair, the long drooping sleeves, the hem spilling onto the floor, and even the sagging bow around her waist. And I realize that Kate is minimal with her jewelry, but when you're the Duchess of Cambridge dressing for a formal event you should avail yourself of the jewels you're entitled to. Not pile it on, of course, but a sparkling necklace and earrings would have added so much to the outfit with a complementary hairstyle to showcase the jewels. I hope she overcomes her reticence about wearing suitable jewels in the near future.

And, IMO, if Kate trimmed some inches from her hair it would look better coiffed and less flyaway. I agree her stylist should take some tips from Princess Mary of Denmark's hairdresser who styles her long hair so beautifully.

Last edited:
I think that Princess Catherine with this make-up look older than she is!!!
Interestingly, I read an interview with Bobbi Brown, in which she says that all the cosmetics used by Pippa, Mrs. Middleton (she was coy about Kate "I know who supplies her") and her people did the wedding make-up.
I thought the red dress was fine, except those bell sleeves. The color looks great on her.

Hmm...of course Bobbi Brown says she knows Kate is using her products,I would do exactly the same if I want to sell my stuff:whistling:

I don´t know why but I like the dress,it is bohemian and chic and the red colour looks great on her!
...Cheers for women who are not afraid of bright colours :flowers:
Always liked Kate´s make-up best when she kept it as natural as possible because she has a beautiful face and doesn´t need heavy black eyeliner or a flashy lipstick to look nice.

Last edited:

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge at an event in support of the 'In Kind Direct' charity at
Clarence House on October 26, 2011 in London, wearing a very nice long evening dress
(and looking so tall in comparison to the guests :))

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **

Tall indeed, not liking the bare shoulders.

I like the hair but the dress ... another nightgown, the top part is very bikini, something to cover herself up is missing. The colour is dreadful, not a good choice.

I'm agreeing Duke, a little celebrity like. Hair is very pretty though.

I thought she looked nice for a last minute event. Most likely its a dress she bought for her California trip. I wonder if she has pre shopped in anticipation of future events.

I definitely agree Rubies and Duke of Marmelade. She looks lovely, her hair is pretty but the gown is not a good choice this time. An insipid shade of pale blue grey chiffon and the dress does rather resemble a night gown. The bodice is also not a very flattering design for her. At least she is trying out different gown styles.

Last edited:
She looks stunning!

The color and her hair is beautiful!

Gosh this place really gets me down with all the criticism. It's just so depressing. I'm thinking I'm just going to have to stop visiting these threads.

I think the dress is lovely. It certainly doesn't look like any nightgown I've ever seen.

Gosh this place really gets me down with all the criticism. It's just so depressing. I'm thinking I'm just going to have to stop visiting these threads.

I think the dress is lovely. It certainly doesn't look like any nightgown I've ever seen.

You are right, the criticism does appear never ending! Perhaps the dress was not necessarily the cutting edge of fashion, but I thought she looked lovely.

Last edited:
I like the color and cut. Only bad thing are beaded strips on the top - too much IMO. These in center which are also straps are ok, but these around Kate's neck are not necessary. Overall not bad, especially if it wasn't planed event.

I think the dress is very pretty, and her hair looks nice.
It can't be easy to step in for someone at the last minute, and she did very well.

Does anyone know who the designer of the dress is?

In the scheme of things, it's not a bad look. Kate has beautiful shoulders and arms and it's nice to see them displayed. The gown doesn't overwhelm her and suits her willowy figure, but of course I'd have love to see it in a stronger color. I love her hair like that, and the style showcases her earrings well. As far as the hair extensions, I don't quite see the need for someone with such glorious hair to use them, but supposedly it's for more volume.

Last edited:
A dress absolutely appropriate for her as the daughter(-in law) of the house as the event took place at her in-law's residence, where she is family, not another guest.

I think she looks fantastic, the best I have seen her since the Canadian trip. The color is wonderful and I love the designs at the top. The only time I have ever seen a nightgown that looked like that is in Star Wars. It's also nice to see her hair in a different style, makes me wonder if she only wears it down when she is with William. Is it appropriate to call Kate petite? She's a thin girl, but she's a tall one which makes me think she isn't exactly petite. Homegirl is even towering over the men.

I do love the dress, the colour and the shape of the dress very young and modern, lovely in comparison to the guests...

I agree with you. She looked very lovely.

She looks really amazing. This dress is lovely, and suits her well.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom