The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 9: June 2012 - September 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 9
The previous can be found here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators

I like the individual pieces but for me the printed dress doesnt work with the coat and its applications. Hat & hair is very nice.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/06/09/article-0-1386DDD4000005DC-796_306x800.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/06/09/article-2156840-1386EAC3000005DC-934_634x441.jpg

This didn't work for me either, I do agree with what you said though I have never been a fan of the coat, I always thought it was a bit too old for her. Kate should stay away from light grey, they do not suit her IMO.

This may already have been said but doesn't Sophie have a coat like that?

Beautiful pieces but I found it a bit bland. I can understand why she wore it as you don't want to overshadow the bride but the colour is not good for Kate.

kathl29 said:
Beautiful pieces but I found it a bit bland. I can understand why she wore it as you don't want to overshadow the bride but the colour is not good for Kate.

I thought the same thing.

I'm always amazed when people attribute Catherine's boring style to the fact she doesn't want to overshadow everyone she ever comes into contact with, she was boring before she married William nothing's changed.

When attending a society wedding, it will always be Catherine and William on the cover of the various magazines, wearing beige or cream isn't going to stop that.

That would be it. Same designer? They look similar to me.

Yes, both are by Katherine Hooker but different fabric. Sophie wore hers for the Epsom Derby last year.

I'm always amazed when people attribute Catherine's boring style to the fact she doesn't want to overshadow everyone she ever comes into contact with, she was boring before she married William nothing's changed.

When attending a society wedding, it will always be Catherine and William on the cover of the various magazines, wearing beige or cream isn't going to stop that.

I think you're confusing 'boring' with 'understated'. Kate could've turned up in the red McQueen from the other day, but she chose not to. I certainly didn't find that McQueen boring; heck it led to Amanda Platell devoting an entire column to it! Instead she chose to wear some fairly neutral pieces that we've already seen before.

The newspaper inches when Kate wears something that we've seen before are certainly fewer than when she wears something brand new as the papers discuss the designer, the cost, the shoes, the bag, whether it's sold out or if the designer's going to re-issue it etc. All this no doubt with a quote from the designer thrown in to talk about how thrilled they are that Kate's wearing their stuff. Wearing something she's already worn ensures that the papers don't go into all that again, and might actually show a picture of the bride and groom.

She is often boring and repetitive and she is often understated yes there is a difference you are correct.For me the shoes I have no problem with the LK Bennet's but it is the baby dool type dresses that I just think are really boring on her.
She is IMO too skinny to give justice to the look.
I have to say her private looks hit the right note with me.
I am in awe of her in the current economic climate making the high street choices, I can only imagine the outcry did she not,but in colour ns style choices I think she is boring. The odd red and navy blue I adore but for the rest I tick the boring box. This is of course only IMO

I would not say the Duchess fashion choice is boring - I would rather say her choice is simply not surprising. I like her style though I agree that some dresses she wore were not fitting to her skinny figure. She is just not a brave person when it comes to fashion. I often get a "beautiful" effect when I see her on photos, but I seldom feel the "aha" or "wow"-effect. She is so young - she could just do so much, try different styles - even provoke sometimes with new styles. But she chooses to stay safe, which leaves us nothing more to say that she is boring.

The dress Kate wore in the wedding, worn last year also, is one of the very few I did not like!! But worn with the coat, for me is perfect. But I can not recall the coat previousely. Which brand is it??

The dress Kate wore in the wedding, worn last year also, is one of the very few I did not like!! But worn with the coat, for me is perfect. But I can not recall the coat previousely. Which brand is it??

Katherine Hooker coat, previously worn at the Garter ceremony 2011 with a plain grey/silver dress and grey accessories.

Never really liked this coat: it makes Kate look completely shapeless.
Great shoes and don't mind the hat either.

:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping: How boring can it get. The return of the shapeless frock.

I'd never think I'd say this but a 86 year old dresses more bold and exiting than a 30 year old.

The good thing about the outfit is that it can still be recycled in 60 years time, maybe then I am getting excited about it.

The hat - OMG. I first thought Kate hit her head and put some icecubes into a small blue sack to cool it, but no, its an ugly hat.

I'm happy to see, she is wearing a little bit more sensible shoes; the tallon a bit sturdier and not as high.
When beeing the companion to the queen - I feel, her shoes should be quite flat ones - as she is so high and lean anyway.

The hat is not new either, she has already worn it last year when she was visiting with Wills the Irish guards (at least I think it was the Irish guards).

She could very well wait a generation or two before wearing this look.
Add two inches to the hemline, and the coat would definitely suit Queen Elizabeth II splendidly (great color for her), while the pill box hat is the kind which Princess Anne might find in her closet on one of those days when she's in the mood to recycle her clothes from the early 80s.
The bad posture doesn't help the overall impression:
http://s15.postimage.org/lz26i5h2j/edoris.jpg

I agree with some members, I think it ages her and does not flatter her. The hat and shoe are at least nice. In general, I think it's a very lovely coat, love the design and color.

I like the entire look. It is appropriate for the occasion. Interesting range of comments tho - from "it ages her" to "too short a length".
I liked the coat the first time but I definitely think that the more formal "with hat" lifts it a notch. Hats are difficult and v personal. I think that she is right to avoid brimmed hats or "flying saucers" when meeting people, especially when close to children - they want to see her!
The only thing IMO missing is a brooch but I'm a girl who loves a brooch.

Very middle class English girl look the colour suits her though the hat which I like maybe a bit dark for the coat.

I hated the coat the first time I saw it but didn't say anything. Now that it's back again I will say that I think it's ugly and shapeless.
I do like the hat and the hair.

if you look at the detail of the tweed - there is quite a bit of navy in the fabric, I think the contrast is lovely. And Kate looks very elegant and appropriate for a working day out with her husband and his grandmother.

This time around, the outfit really works for me. Like Michelle noted, there is navy in the tweed so the hat, shoes and clutch really go very well with the coat and contrast nicely. It's a nice pulled-together look and I'm glad she didn't wear nude heels. A brooch would have been a lovely addition, though. I do like her hair pulled back like this; I see she's wearing it more often in this manner. I thought she looked very elegant as usual and discreet in her appearance with the Queen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom