The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 9: June 2012 - September 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the outfit. Simple and chic.

I think both of her outfits to Wimbledon have been lovely. My favorite was the knit dress that she also wore to PEI, Canada.

I really like her sunglasses. Anyone seen them ID'd anywhere?

Cute outfit, though I much preferred the sleeveless ensemble she wore last year to Wimbledon.

I think Catherine looked great. It wasn't over-the-top, but just right for the occasion.

Two lovely looking sisters. It must be great for both of them to have a sister close in age that they presumably can trust and rely on.

Boring ... however they also over do the balck eyeliner big time .. and as a lover of black eyeliner I can only say ... Love it

She looks old, boring and safe. The coat dress doesn't suit her and the fascinator doesn't match.

couldnt agree more!!! the price tag for this coat is just a bad joke.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/07/05/article-2169133-13EFCD61000005DC-440_306x815.jpg

I love the wimbledon outfit, tried something similar on today.

I agree - although I wouldnt have paired cream & white and the different materials of dress & jacket.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/07/08/article-2170424-13FB25F8000005DC-760_634x651.jpg

She is still dressing for safe...I would love to see her with something a bit more daring...

As I recall she has done daring when it's more appropriate (evening events)....and her version of daring may not be as far as others would go.

LaRae

:previous: well kittyatlanta - 2 countries separated by a single language.

Blowout in the UK means a very large meal and looking at Catherine if she had 3 of those a week she'd look a different girl :lol:We say blow dry

This is too funny; I just came from the hairdresser's today and she used the term "blowout" as well so naturally my ears perked up due to the comments here. I just thought I'd pass it along.:)

Well Baroness - I think its funny too! :)

All posts discussing the Duchess of Cambridges make-up done recently by M&S's site has been moved to the
Make-up & Skincare of Royals
Thread

:previous:
Some pictures from different angles.

- The dress
- Close up 1
- The shoes
- The necklace

I rather like this dress: clean lines, vibrant colour, attractive cut - definitely my cup of tea.
Nice (and very appropriate, considering the occasion) necklace too

I generally hate Stella McCartney's clothes. She's had a huge advantage in her profession because of her father, and so has had more success than I feel her designs deserve. Case in point, check out the Team GB uniforms she designed for the Olympics, which essentially removes the red from the Union Jack.

This dress is an exception in my opinion. It's saved by the colour, the necklace and the fact that a tall, slim, attractive woman is wearing it. Probably as good as Stella McCartney gets. Testament to Kate that she can make a mediocre designer's outfits look good.

I like this whole look. The dress could be an inch or so longer but the colour is great, I like the style and the necklace looks fab!

I generally hate Stella McCartney's clothes...

This dress is an exception in my opinion. It's saved by the colour, the necklace and the fact that a tall, slim, attractive woman is wearing it. Probably as good as Stella McCartney gets. Testament to Kate that she can make a mediocre designer's outfits look good.

I agree!
I was surprised to see a dress by Stella McCartney that actually looks good; mostly I find her clothes so overrated.

That necklace is a perfect touch.

The dress is not un-pretty, rather neat than elegant, the blue shade could be warmer to better suit Catherine's coloring.
The necklace is IMHO too close to something older ladies would have worn in the late 1970s, and the biggest deficiency in the dress design are the bust pleats - sharp as they are, they simply look like a terrible incident happened during hot ironing...

I don't mind the pleats at the bust; without them the dress would be too plain. They add a bit of structure and definition.

The dress has completely sold out now. My best friend was trying to buy it but she's missed out.

I don't mind the pleats at the bust; without them the dress would be too plain. They add a bit of structure and definition.

IA-the pleats at the bust make the dress interesting. I like the color.

What I really think makes the look, though, is the necklace. It adds the extra "something" imo. I think it's a fun piece.

Well to me that's the perfect look! The dress is very fashion, the colour lovely, the necklace perfect, everything matches and the dress is very very in fashion, pretty and appropriate, love it 100%.

I think she looks lovely. Nothing special, but simple and chic; great color.

Kate looks great in blue. If this dress had been by a different designer - even if it had come from a top end high street store it would have looked better fitted on the Duchess. This isnt the first time she has worn Stella's dresses.
The necklace really makes the look

Lovely, suits her and fits her to a T. But...the hair!!! Do something different with the hair!!! :bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom