The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 9: June 2012 - September 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh myyy fashion-wise Kate is alas most of the time a total disappointment . Just my humble opinion of course.

It occurs to me that she has carried the Strathearn tartan twice now, once wearing red and once wearing yellow - both are colors in the tartan. Both outfits matched the tartan (or did not clash) and on both wearings she was doing it to honor the tie in to Prince William's Order of the Thistle.
Given that it was William's big day, I thought it fitting that she chose to wear something understated and pretty.

I read somewhere that Kate has a blowout 3x per week at USD75 each time. Not talking about cost, but her hair should look good for that much attention.

:previous: well kittyatlanta - 2 countries separated by a single language.

Blowout in the UK means a very large meal and looking at Catherine if she had 3 of those a week she'd look a different girl :lol:We say blow dry

There needs to be a thread about posters favorite fascinators. The one that stands out the most is one she wore years ago, I will have to try to look for it.

XeniaCasaraghi said:
There needs to be a thread about posters favorite fascinators.
I think there also needs to be some common courtesy for the subjects of these threads. I don't think anyone deserves to be called stupid for what they wear, unless their clothing is grossly offensive.

Honestly, we all have the right to post our opinions, but these fashion threads are getting really mean.

a little confused, did I call someone stupid? Or are you referring to other posters who have called Kate's fashion choices stupid?

the coat/dress is lovely especially in such a gloomy day,
but its not well finished, it doesn't look well tailored for me unfortunately !

a little confused, did I call someone stupid? Or are you referring to other posters who have called Kate's fashion choices stupid?

I think casualfan is just generally referring to a prospective topic for another thread since you had mentioned starting one for fascinators (which is a fascinating idea!).

Last edited:
casualfan said:
I think there also needs to be some common courtesy for the subjects of these threads. I don't think anyone deserves to be called stupid for what they wear, unless their clothing is grossly offensive.

Honestly, we all have the right to post our opinions, but these fashion threads are getting really mean.

Agreed! Well said!

I read somewhere that Kate has a blowout 3x per week at USD75 each time. Not talking about cost, but her hair should look good for that much attention.

If that was true her hair would be damage and eventually start fall out

:previous: well kittyatlanta - 2 countries separated by a single language.

Blowout in the UK means a very large meal and looking at Catherine if she had 3 of those a week she'd look a different girl :lol:We say blow dry

and here i was thinking she had 3 tires on her car explode per week! no wonder people say english is one of the difficult languages! :ROFLMAO:

Yes I read that article about the cost of her whole grooming/beauty regimen, any lady with that kind of maintenance should look good!:ROFLMAO:

We have a difference of opinion, I think Catherine looks stupid wearing silly box hats you do not. As for getting out of cars, she hardly does any engagements, once a month getting out of a car wearing a proper hat wouldn't do that pretty little head of hers any harm, it's not hard to get out of a car gracefully wearing a hat. If a 86 year old woman can do it, Catherine should have no trouble.

I also severely disagree with your analogy of when younger women wear full hats they either look like a pilgrim or an 86 year old Queen. I am 19, I have worn several full hats in my time to Ascot and to the Epsom, I have never looked 86 nor like a pilgrim. I can't imagine that you have seen everyone under the age of 30 who wears full hats, so your analogy is flawed.

We obviously do have a difference of opinion. You're 19 and have been to Ascot and Epsom; I'm 27 and have been to Down Royal and Punchestown among others. Working in corporate banking in Ireland tends to involve days out at the races with clients.

It's so nice of you to tell me that, because I have a different opinion to you, I obviously don't know what I'm talking about. Of course I've not seen every woman under 30 who wears a full hat. Neither have you seen every woman who wears a fascinator, although you prefer to call them 'stupid'. In my opinion, full hats are worn by older women. When they're not they tend to be deliberately oversized, like this for example, or this, or this, to try and not look matronly. On younger women full hats often age their wearer - such as this (even QEII would find this a bit boring). Alternatively, they have a tall crown like this (all this needs is a buckle at the front and a Pilgrim would be proud). I personally don't like any of these hats.

Oh, and the reason the Queen gets out of a car without difficulty while wearing a full hat is due to one reason and one reason only - Bentley made her a unique, custom-built, bespoke state limousine to her exact specifications. Not many have that privilege.

If that was true her hair would be damage and eventually start fall out

I don't know about that. I went through several years of blow drying my hair everyday and sometimes twice a day and didn't experience any problems. It's probably not the healthiest thing for hair though.

-----------------(separating my topic here because nothing below has to do with the person I quoted)

As to the arguments about hats. I like her little hats perched at the front of her head. I wish I had time to find the ones I like best and agree that perhaps they need their own thread.:lol:

However, I have no problem with people calling them stupid either. When I really think about it it is a bit of a silly look but I love it anyway. And if someone else has a problem with using that word they can always report the post to a moderator.

This is my favorite hat because it's the first time I saw her wear one perched forward so much. I mean she may have done it before but I didn't notice. These hats to remind me of a certain style of very late Tudor and Jacobean style hats for which I also need to find links or maybe scan in some pages from books I have.

Mad Hattery! » Blog Archive » Christmas at Sandringham 2011: HRH The Duchess of Cambridge

I hope she wears her hats like this for a long time to come just to spite people.:lol:

Last edited:
Imagine the dress in a larger size, add a brooch and pearls, and the style, cut and flower print is exactly what Queen Elizabeth herself has worn ca. thirty years ago.
IMO it's not that casual but just matronly, which equals dowdy on Catherine, and this kind of 'hat' does not work with it at all.
have to agree with u again.
cannot figure Catherine out at all.
That dress needed to have been punched up with really creative accessories to have worked if at all. The dresses and their textiles are very delicate- hence they do not photograph well.

It's a nice repeated outfit. Exactly the right colour for Wimbledon. Victoria Beckham looks as if she's heading to a nightclub.

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Kate wore a very nice outfit today and I like the combination of jacket and dress, very fresh.

Last edited:
She's very English when dressing..very matronly.

She's very English when dressing..very matronly.
Well one woukd actually expect a British royal to dress "British" but I would hardly call that matronly.

i actually like the way they dress just because they don't exposed themself are show alot of skin does not mean they dress matronly

I love the look. It's very pretty, lovely and elegant. I love the jacket.

Last edited:
I love her jacket. As for the dress, its simple, elegant and its neutral which is lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom