The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 08:09 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67

I agree, this hat is especially bad. Queen Elizabeth II has wonderful hats, Catherine should speak to her milliner.
Ironically the hats worn on last weeks engagement to Nottingham were designed by the same woman, HM looked lovely Catherine did not.

Old 06-16-2012, 08:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Each to his own. I think its a hat - I'm not that keen on it as its too fussy, but its a hat. Fascinators (to me) are bits of fluff and net onan alice band or clip (horrible!)

The dress is interesting - ERdem custom piece. Its classic styling, something she could wear on many occasions for many years to come. Stands out well against the red uniforms and gold braid. In that regard she reminds me of the Queen's approach to clothes - appropriate and long lasting.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-16-2012, 08:16 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

This is one of those rare occasions when I dislike everything about Kate's look.
The hat is quite ridiculous, and while I like the colour of the dress, the design is not my cup of tea. Bad hair day too.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I like the dress, beautiful detail. But I'd bet me lunch money that "hat" is on a clip slid into her hair. Most of what she wears are on hair(Alice) bands or clips. The remembrance day hat was similar to this one as well. That was clipped in.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

A silly hat worn at a hateful angle protruding into her face and with messy hair - very bad approach to headwear.
Catherine's dress would have been such a wonderful design for her husband's grandmother, perfect in color for her as well, so why did the Queen reject it?

Another pic:
http://s14.postimage.org/h8lllypy9/4..._537_472x6.jpg
Old 06-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Serene Highness

I love the outfit but she needs to do something with her hair and trash that stupid hat!!!
Old 06-16-2012, 12:48 PM
Royal Highness

I usually admire Kate's style but I dislike this look perhaps more than any I can recall - I loathe most fascinators anyway but this one particularly irritates. I agree with previous posts regarding the hairstyle and I'm not liking the dress much either! ( oh dear I might just be in a bad mood 'cause of all the rain we're having in the UK at the moment)
Old 06-16-2012, 12:50 PM

Hi, I would like to see something else on her head. I know that lightly curled hair are comgortable, but she is royalty - what about some updos like CP Mette-Marit or CP Mary. The up-do she was wearing at the Olympic games thing was very nice :-)
Old 06-16-2012, 01:05 PM
Royal Highness

I don't like it. The overall look just isn't her and God bless Catherine's love of fascinators, I usually like them, but this one just looks awkward and weird. Her hair looks ... slightly windy, I don't know if that was the purpose of the hairstyle. When that's said I love the little details on the dress.

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:11 PM
Courtier

It's going to be a competition to see who can wear the worse hat in the Windsor family Catherine or Sophie.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:11 PM
Aristocracy

she looked pretty 2 day
Old 06-16-2012, 01:32 PM
Heir Apparent

The hat is hideous! I find it too much. I don't like the details of the dress but I do like color.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:33 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

June 15th
http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/arti...m+The+Art+Room

Another short flimsy dress and does Kate ever anything without wearing high heels?

Today's Trooping the Colour
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...94_470x656.jpg

I really like the dress, pretty detailing and very regal for the occasion; I dont find the hat as ugly as other posters. What I dont like is the messy hair, quite a desaster.

Camilla & Kate should have coordinated in a better way, both wearing a similar colour / dress with detailing.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:53 PM
Royal Highness

Hope we see full length pictures soon. I like the color and the top part of the dress very much. This shade is very flattering on her. Much more so than what she wore on the 15th. I don't like the hat. I don't understand putting something right smack on the front of the head, and they always seem so small for someone tall.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love fascinators. It's nice to see young royals, aristocrats, and wealthy ladies putting their own spin on the British hat love. I feel they are too young to where those pill box hats, yet they still respect the tradition by wearing something beautiful in their hair. It's because of Kate that I was introduced to the fascinator and I hope she continues wearing them.
On the other hand this is not one of the attractive fascinators; I don't like the size or the angle. She has better ones in her closet I am sure.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 06-16-2012, 02:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't see anything redeeming about the Trooping the Color look; whether it's a hat or fascinator, it's tilted too forward obscuring her eyes, her hair is unkempt, the huge embroidery/design on her dress is too matronly and the color just boring and also aging. I don't even like the shawl collar; it looks too bulky for her. I'd love to see a conventional hat on her just for a change.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

It was quite windy at times as Camilla and the Queen both had to hang on to their hats, literally.

I've said it before, I think her hats is going to be the one area where Kate tries to be a bit more 'outside the box'; everything else she's gonna keep quite conservative and appropriate, but occasionally I think she'll try more distinctive hats. This one I find a bit busy, although I like the colour and the shape and size, it's just a bit complicated.

The Erdem dress is lovely, as pretty much all of his stuff is. Kate was certainly enjoying the day happily chatting with several different family members.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looked great in both occasions. Wonder if there was a rule that she & Camilla had to wear blue today..
Old 06-16-2012, 02:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think she looks fine, although I would have preferred the dress be a solid rather than a pattern. Still, it looks like a style she can wear repeatedly, which is something she probably likes.

I could take or leave the hat, but I have seen worse.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:58 PM
Courtier

I think she looks lovely. The dress is a masterpiece. I even like the hat.