The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think trouser suits should be left to the office, personally. They generally age the wearer IMO.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:10 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Catherine's effectively on a day out when she attends the olympic events, what do you expect her to wear a ball gown?

DailyMail Fashion article about Catherine's clothes, VF have been doing a lot of these lately.
Kaleidoscope Kate: She¿s gracing the cover of America¿s leading society magazine as the world¿s best-dressed woman. Here, we chart the colours that made her a global icon | Mail Online
Very Nice article , Liked All Catherine’s Clothes , she’s very stylish women , always she choose what exactly suits her , thanks for sharing

Old 08-06-2012, 12:55 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post

Kate's outfit with red blazer and polka dot blouse from yesterday:
- The outfit
- Close up

I really like these casual outfits, though I prefer it when Kate has her hair in a ponytail - it really suits her.

As liv pointed out, Kate was wearing a red Zara Blazer with Gathered Shoulders, Zara black skinny jeans, and a polka dot blouse.
(Darn, if I start writing the prices as well, I might as well apply for work at DM).
She looks great! I love that red jacket. Nice with the black pants and the shirt.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Courtier

Ok,we´ve seen the same trouser every day now. I unterstand she´s staying with the colours of Great Britain. But what about a red or white trouser?
Old 08-08-2012, 04:15 AM
Majesty

Courtesy of 'The Telegraph':
The return of posh fashion - Telegraph

I'm glad that some of the labels Catherine favors will make their way over to the States. I'd love to own a Katherine Hooker coat. Her designs have a classy look and would go with dressy as well as casual outfits.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

August 10, 2012 - Kate in a white skirt matched with a white sleeveless top.

Finally not in skinny pants matched with a jacket. Kate in a white outfit, reminds me of a tennis player, she could've buttoned on of the buttons up IMO. Nevertheless the color looks good on her. Her hair for once seems to not be so curly from the ends, i like the soft ends like this. Make up looks good, she looks quite natural.

Close up ** Full view
Old 08-10-2012, 02:32 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Different views of the outfit:
- The full outfit 1 - The full outfit 2 - Close up 1 - Close up 2

The skirt is nice; a bit short but perfectly appropriate for the occasion.
I agree with dazzling about the top.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Courtesy of 'The Telegraph':
The return of posh fashion - Telegraph

I'm glad that some of the labels Catherine favors will make their way over to the States. I'd love to own a Katherine Hooker coat. Her designs have a classy look and would go with dressy as well as casual outfits.
I'm glad about that, too.

I really liked her white skirt today. Very cute.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I thought her skirt was cute as well, albeit a tad short. Didn't really care that much for the top especially with that button not buttoned. It looked like it was a size too small...
Old 08-10-2012, 03:18 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Speaking of the skirt, it's a fairly old, pre-wedding one; she used to wear it a lot in 2007 and a couple of times in 2008.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Fantastic look. Great outfit for a v hot day and a sporting event. Not too short in my opinion. She was wearing that skirt in 2007 which is interesting.

Poor Catherine - lots of people on here comment about her short clothes but the other European princesses wear short clothes and hardly ever a complaint.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm really impressed that she was able to keep that skirt so pure white after all of these years! I would think that by now it would look yellowed or a bit greyish.. :)
Old 08-10-2012, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Yeah, I'm always confused when I see comments about her skirts being too short. I've seen plenty of royals wear shorter skirts to official events and no one really makes an issue of it.

Anyway, her outfit today is really cute. I remember her wearing the skirt years ago and I've always liked it. Nice to see her pull it out of her closet again.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:40 PM
Courtier

Is anybody else surprised at the limited wardrobe Kate has worn during the Olympics? The navy blazer, navy wedge shoes, navy skinny jeans have all been worn practically on a daily basis, with varying blue or white tops. (I'm hoping for her sake that she has more than one pair of the jeans!) I get that they look good with the Team GB range, but I much preferred the pretty dresses that CP Mary wore along with her Team Denmark pieces. I'm sure we'll get a lot more variety on the Southeast Asia tour -- I hope so!
Old 08-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

The white skirt is cute but would have liked to have seen it with the blue Team GB shirt. I'm not a huge white on white fan. A cute pair of flats or a slightly shorter heel would have been better also. She looks good, just some observations.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:48 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
Is anybody else surprised at the limited wardrobe Kate has worn during the Olympics? The navy blazer, navy wedge shoes, navy skinny jeans have all been worn practically on a daily basis, with varying blue or white tops. (I'm hoping for her sake that she has more than one pair of the jeans!) I get that they look good with the Team GB range, but I much preferred the pretty dresses that CP Mary wore along with her Team Denmark pieces. I'm sure we'll get a lot more variety on the Southeast Asia tour -- I hope so!
It might have been a deliberate (and unfortunately, unsuccessful) attempt to divert attention from Kate to the athletes who were actually competing.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Courtier

Am not a fan of this outfit, but only due to my own fashion quirks - I really, really dislike sleeveless shirts that have collars (I don't know why it bothers me so much) and I don't really like the white on white either. Not really a bad outfit, but just not to my taste!
Old 08-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
CP MAry is attending in a non-official olympic capacity and can wear pretty much what she likes.

Catherine is attending in an official capacity as GB Olympic Ambassador. They gave her the GB kit to wear and she's done it to every sporting event.. She has matched it with low key, previously worn garments with "dont bother to check out new clothes" call to all the fashionistas. That's why I loved the fact that on the hottest day so far, she got out a skirt at least 5 years old so that wouldn't make front page news.

So no, I'm not surprised, I'm very pleased and she's been looking good.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-10-2012, 05:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
CP MAry is attending in a non-official olympic capacity and can wear pretty much what she likes.

Catherine is attending in an official capacity as GB Olympic Ambassador. They gave her the GB kit to wear and she's done it to every sporting event.. She has matched it with low key, previously worn garments with "dont bother to check out new clothes" call to all the fashionistas. That's why I loved the fact that on the hottest day so far, she got out a skirt at least 5 years old so that wouldn't make front page news.

So no, I'm not surprised, I'm very pleased and she's been looking good.
I agree - I think she has done her best to minimize her fashion as part of the Olympic story. She has looked spot on at every event, dressing what has become her signature style: appropriately. And if she has had some influence, it may be that the other officials and are making the efforts to wear their GB kit as well. And the more the merchandise sells, the more money to support Team GB.... doing her job every way she can. If Kate had worn cute sun dresses and new summer clothes each day - THAT would have been the story.

I think she looked adorable today. probably the closest to her true personal style we have seen.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:34 PM
Serene Highness

I really like her look here, casual and lovely and nicely sporty.

Closed Thread