The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 9: June 2012 - September 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice. I like the over all outfit.

Yes, I agree. The outfit reminds me of the navy dress and jacket she wore on the way to Canada. The outfit said, "I am going to work.":flowers:

The Duchess of Cambridge handing out medals earlier this afternoon (at least I think it was afternoon):

Full view from different angles:
House of Windsor

She looks very business-like, which I think is quite appropriate.

Mermaid1962 said:
Yes, I agree. The outfit reminds me of the navy dress and jacket she wore on the way to Canada. The outfit said, "I am going to work.":flowers:

That very well could be the Roland Mouret dress she wore when went Canada. My first thought was the navy skirt from her Amanda Wakely suit, but I think the hemline is closer to the Mouret dress, although that dress seems to have a higher neckline than evident. The jacket is her oft worn Pucci blazer, with the Paralympic scarf. Lovely.

I think she looked very "businesslike" except for the shoes which scream "casual with jeans". A nice pair of court shoes would have looked better. As to her hair? If ever there was a time people would like to see her face clearly, this would be it!

MARG said:
I think she looked very "businesslike" except for the shoes which scream "casual with jeans". A nice pair of court shoes would have looked better.

I have to agree. They are nice shoes, but don't go with the rest of this outfit. Not on this occasion.

She looks like an air-hostess without the hat IMO. She could've looked better without the silky scarf which would work when she is a bit older. The suit looks really nice though and very professional.

i do agree, she looks like an air hostess. maybe she just didn't want to take the attention away from the winners but a less secretary-ish outfit would have done nicely.

it's nice to see her out and about though. i'm hoping to see her again today in the olympic park...

I think Catherine is trying out a kind of Team GB corporate official look, but I do think it looks very smart and efficient. A nice pair of plain, dark blue court shoes and a nice little hat with a badge on would have completed an air-hostess look, but then that would be too BA first class - the only air-hostesses on the planet who I am actually scared of!

Minus the shoes, I love the look. Very classy, sophisticated and elegant. I absolutely love those kinds of jackets.

Last edited:
She looks like an air-hostess without the hat IMO. She could've looked better without the silky scarf which would work when she is a bit older. The suit looks really nice though and very professional.

The scarf is the official Paralympics GB scarf. Given that she was presenting the gold medal to a British athlete and is herself a Paralympics GB ambassador, she was quite right to wear the scarf despite the risk of looking like an air hostess.

I liked Kate's appearance. By dressing as she did, the focus was on the athletes versus her which is as it should be, imo.

She looks wonderful and professional:flowers:

Though I still think she managed to be the centre of attention. It's not her fault really!

Last edited:
I have to agree. They are nice shoes, but don't go with the rest of this outfit. Not on this occasion.

But she has to walk on grass, which is harder to do with heels. That is probably why she wore the wedges.

I love the scarf, I think Kate should wear scarves more often.

Nice outfit but I hate these wedges. She has plenty of black and navy heels which would be much more elegant and suitable for that event. I don't like Kate's new hair color, too yellow in my opinion, she looks better with dark brown locks.

Mirabel said:
But she has to walk on grass, which is harder to do with heels. That is probably why she wore the wedges.

YAY SOMEONE ELSE UNDERSTANDS THIS. If she'd worn heels, she would have aerated the lawn. Just sank right in. It had to be wedges, or flats. This is a rule of lawn sport spectating.

YAY SOMEONE ELSE UNDERSTANDS THIS. If she'd worn heels, she would have aerated the lawn. Just sank right in. It had to be wedges, or flats. This is a rule of lawn sport spectating.

CORRECT!!! She has arleady well understood this.

Despite the Air Hostess outfit, she looked glowing. She seemed really excited and humbled to be there.

DCVO said:

I have been one of the staunchest defenders of wedges, but the two-tone wedges here in black and tan don't go with the outfit.

Bad shoes, just don't go with the oufit. could have worn the scarf in her breast pocket, the way she wore it looks too air hostessy

Well I for one thought she looked quite nice. Yes maybe a little air hostess like but quite clean and businesslike. I rather like the look. I really like the wedges, always have.

I understand about the wedges but... couldn't she find a pair with black or darker jute instead of the glaring light straw color? They wouldn't be as in your face then..

Smart choice for presenting the medals - my only issue was the dress underneath was very figure hugging and you could see it bumped up at the edge of the jacket at times. I dont have a problem with her wearing her favourite wedges they would have been comfortable and more practical than heels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom