The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 03:49 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Kate in Navy & White For Equestrian Olympic Event » What Kate Wore

Kate looks chic in the navy blazer, white team GB polo and navy jeans for this event. My only question is over the choice of very high wedges for the event - she is braver than me for choosing such as high heel for this day time outdoorsy event. Think it would have looked better with a pair of pumps - same as with Mary yesterday at the swimming in her Louboutain wedges

Old 07-30-2012, 04:51 PM
Majesty

I liked a polo shirt and blazer. A ponytail would have been better.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:20 PM
Serene Highness

She looks nice and comfortable at the event .
Old 07-30-2012, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I like the outfit, also the shoes, but the jeans are too skinny, so they had very unflattering wrinkles, IMO.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:12 PM
Serene Highness

well, it's clear Kate cannot please everyone at the same time.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
well, it's clear Kate cannot please everyone at the same time.
Who ever could?
Old 07-30-2012, 06:33 PM
Majesty

I think she looks great! Minus the shoes, I love this casual look. I especially love that jacket.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Kate attending Day 3 of the Equestrian events. I really love her casual style.

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/K...7hGS60X1ix.jpg

I like what she's wearing, it's casual but stylish and elegant at the same time. Very nice done!
Old 07-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Don't like the wedges at all...but the rest of her outfit is ok.

LaRae
Old 07-30-2012, 08:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I really don't like the high wedges, but the rest of the outfit is fine and appropriate for the occasion.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:57 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I really don't like the high wedges, but the rest of the outfit is fine and appropriate for the occasion.
My feelings exactly. The shoes make me nervous, they're so high. However, again, Catherine is able to pull them off. Would a pair ballet flats looked better? Absolutely.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:29 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I like the top part, not a fan of the skinny jeans although they dont look as atrocious as the stale blue ones in front of Buck Palace.

The plateau wedges look ridiculous.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Omg! Kate is wearing tight pants again....what is the world coming to?!
Kate's look is fine but the person who really stood out to me was William.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-31-2012, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

July 31, 2012 - Kate in skinny jeans matched with hey Smythe jacket, striped sleeveless top and wedges.

Full view ** Top
Old 07-31-2012, 01:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
July 31, 2012 - Kate in skinny jeans matched with hey Smythe jacket, striped sleeveless top and wedges.

Full view ** Top
Ooh, I like this even more than yesterday's outfit. I love a good striped top, and I'm already a fan of a jeans and blazer combo.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
My feelings exactly. The shoes make me nervous, they're so high. However, again, Catherine is able to pull them off. Would a pair ballet flats looked better? Absolutely.
I don't think so. I, personally, can't stand ballet flats, I don't like the way they look and I don't think anyone's feet look good in those. So for me a pair of ballet flats would not only not look better but would look far worse.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:49 PM
Majesty

I like today's look. Still not crazy about the choice of footwear, though.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
I don't think so. I, personally, can't stand ballet flats, I don't like the way they look and I don't think anyone's feet look good in those. So for me a pair of ballet flats would not only not look better but would look far worse.
I am wondering if Catherine may have "foot issues". I cannot wear anything like a ballet flat ... no support. Wedges or lower heels seem to work, certainly she would not want to wear orthopedic support shoes. Wedges can give support with a more casual look.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
I am wondering if Catherine may have "foot issues". I cannot wear anything like a ballet flat ... no support. Wedges or lower heels seem to work, certainly she would not want to wear orthopedic support shoes. Wedges can give support with a more casual look.
I also noticed, when I put on few pairs of ballet flats (just to see if I may change my mind after wearing some ), they are all so thin, it felt like walking on the bare ground. So, that also may be why some people (who knows, may be Catherine included) don't wear them. Wedges surely look good with casual outfits, they fit the skinny jeans great.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:33 PM
Heir Apparent

I like this look better than yesterday, especially the top and blazer. Again, I'm not crazy about the towering wedges.