The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 9: June 2012 - September 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ehhh... not to crazy about the ice blue outfit. I think she should have worn something else.

I'm not too crazy about this outfit. The color is lovely, but I'm just not a fan of the material or the style.

One of the royal reporters said she might wear this outfit for the opening ceremony, but I hope not. I'd like to see her in something a little more fun.

it doesn't make a lot of difference but apparently it is mint green! looks blue to me.

I'm not too crazy about this outfit. The color is lovely, but I'm just not a fan of the material or the style.

One of the royal reporters said she might wear this outfit for the opening ceremony, but I hope not. I'd like to see her in something a little more fun.

Me too. I'd love to see Kate in something bright, but that's not going to happen today.
The material of this outfit is just too shiny for my taste.

Last edited:
Hmm, I thought it was light blue too. It reminds me of the suit Princess Charlene wore to the Monarch's dinner during the Jubilee. Shiny, light blue thing.

It's an awesome outfit! Lovely color, good structure, shows off her figure beautifully, looks rich, and classically beautiful.

Hmm, I thought it was light blue too. It reminds me of the suit Princess Charlene wore to the Monarch's dinner during the Jubilee. Shiny, light blue thing.

You're right. It does resemble the suit that Charlene wore to the Jubilee luncheon.

Me too. I'd love to see Kate in something bright, but that's not going to happen today.
The material of this outfit is just too shine for my taste.

I agree. I don't like the shininess of the dress. It might have looked better in a different material, but that satin just isn't working for me.

I love the light blue colour on her really pretty

My inclinations were right, she's wearing the same outfit for the opening. Shame.

I think she looks lovely and the fit is VERY nice. Could have been a brighter color but I'm good with this.

I love the ice blue dress. The fit was perfect. All the darts, etc. were in the correct places. Wonderful fit.

Not a fan of the blue jeans. I don't think they are flattering on her at all. Don't like the shoes either.

I think she looks great in the blue outfit. She looks very sophiticated and elegant. The color is very beautiful. Very classic look!

Meh...it's an okay dress but it really doesn't flatter her, the color is to pale.

LaRae

EIIR said:
Clarence House not only didn't announce the price of the dress, they chose not to even confirm who made it. They would only say that Kate has had it for a while. The press figured out that it was Hobbs and that it was on sale at £35. The was no attempt to counter any press received as a result of the necklace whatsoever.

Looks like I'm going to have to have words with all my female friends who wear skinny jeans on an almost daily basis. They obviously don't realise how vulgar they are and how inappropriate it is for them to be seen wearing them in public. Some of them even wear them to church, horror of horrors!

Ima have to inform my supervisor that her choice of leg wear has been deemed vulgar. The nerve of some people daring to wear tight jeans.

Artemisia said:
:previous:
A better picture of Kate's outfit.
- Picture

I don't much like this outfit, not the design, fit or material. It makes her look awkward.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ima have to inform my supervisor that her choice of leg wear has been deemed vulgar. The nerve of some people daring to wear tight jeans.

I'm encouraged at work in the UK to wear my company's super skinny jeans aka jeggings. Don't tell her just yet. ;)

I really liked Kate's coat, it was a very flattering cut but the color was old for her & I thought the fabric was a bit shiny.
I liked how the coat had very clean lines, I wish her hair was pulled back so you could see the shoulders and top part of the coat.
This is IMO one of the best coats she has worn fit wise.

dazzling said:
I really liked Kate's coat, it was a very flattering cut but the color was old for her & I thought the fabric was a bit shiny.
I liked how the coat had very clean lines, I wish her hair was pulled back so you could see the shoulders and top part of the coat.
This is IMO one of the best coats she has worn fit wise.

I liked the fit, but agree that it was too old for her in some other respects. Not my favorite of her outfits.

I don't mind the actual shape of the coat, or the colour, but it's just too shiny. That kind of shiny material ages the wearer.

Let's face it, though, if there was ever an occasion where Kate's outfit isn't that important, it's this one.

Love the coat dress. Is it floor length?
Especially love the fit in the shoulders and the "princess" seams in the bodice.
Too bad about the blanket of hair about the shoulders, would have liked to see the top better. A very long loose chignon, with those curls, would look lovely on her.

I like the outfit but I think it would be more appropriate for winter/Christmas time, not high summer. :whistling:

I think the ice blue/mint green (depends on the lighting) coat-dress was quite lovely and appropriate. The only thing I dislike is the shiny fabric, but everything else is perfectly fine.

Can I just add that the flashes from the camera are to blame for making the fabric appear more shiny than it is?

In longer shots of the opening ceremony, the fabric is fine.

I like the icy color of the dress, but not so much the style and for me Kate excels in jewel tones. I didn't care for the shiny fabric, though. And I thought the jeans/jeggings she wore for the Olympic torch arrival looked painfully tight to the point where they creased in areas they shouldn't have and defined too much of her body. Perhaps she gained some weight, which is a good sign, but she should have worn a looser style and a longer shirt. The wedges she wore were too high; she should have worn flats or sneakers. But the color was great and fitted in well with the athletes' clothing.

Last edited:
I cannot understand why she keeps using these coat dresses, they are really unflaterring...and not in fashion at all!!

biboquinhas said:
I cannot understand why she keeps using these coat dresses, they are really unflaterring...and not in fashion at all!!

Because she likes them. They're smart and elegant and suit almost every occasion. They are very much in fashion at the moment actually.

I like Kate in coat dresses they are elegant but i wasnt keen on the one she wore for the Olympics opening cermony. The shiny satin effect seemd wrong for the event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom