The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 8: April 2012 - June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I think the lace dress is beautiful, I also think it looks totally flat on Kate from the front view.

I like the lace dress, but I wish the colouring was slightly darker. In some photos, she looks washed out. Overall, it is a nice look though.

i never called her plain or average, so why quoting me? just because i said she was a little above average? i respect your opinion on Kate so i hope you respect mine, as you sound like if you're the correct one because my opinion is as valid as yours.
taste is subjective.

Here we go. First, I quoted your post in response to you because you quoted mine #Post495 replying to the members who said Kate was plain and average looking.

Second, of course I respect your opinion, you even can find her unatracttive if you want, just give us arguments. Where have you seen I didn't respect your opinion??? We are discussing. There's a huge difference between non-respect (insults, personaal attacks) and discussion (arguments), we are living in democracies, and disagreement doesn't mean by any meaning non-respect!!!

CanRoyal said:
Really? You mistook this hat: http://images.ctv.ca/archives/CTVNew...dge_120605.jpg
for this one? http://static.stuff.co.nz/1306095344/274/5040274.jpg

Well, they are kind of the same color, I guess. Although Kate's hat is a much lighter, more delicate shade...

I agree with you, the shades are slightly close, but there's no comparison between the two styles.

Last edited:
I know the hat was sold on e-bay but it really looked like it at first sight.

:lol: The question is .. who bought this hat and why..
I really hope that he/she burnt it or made it disappear forever !
Kate's hat on the other hand is delicate and beautiful !

:lol: The question is .. who bought this hat and why..
I really hope that he/she burnt it or made it disappear forever !
Kate's hat on the other hand is delicate and beautiful !

I think it could be a rich royal fan. Karl Lagerfield said that it was sold for 90.000 euros thanks for his rude comment about it last year.

There's even somebody who bought the Queen's panty:D, I think both are not bought to be worn, just for collection.

Last edited:
I like lace dress from today but I´m not a fan of that hat

Very beautiful dress.
Someone here find the dress a bit matronly and thought it was because of the lace.I think it is because of the length which is under the knee and longer than her other dresses.
Personnally,I find the length perfect for a church event.Honestly,I hate to see women in short skirts/dresses on church events.
Shoes are nice but may be shoes of the same shade as her belt and clutch could be better.
Nice hairdo
I am not a fan of the hat

Kate looked really pretty today. The lace dress is lovely:nice style and colour. I'm not a fan of the flower on the hat

While I did think Kate looked lovely and elegant today, I have to say that the straight style of the dress did emphasize the extreme slimness of her figure; a flared cut might have de-emphasized that. I thought the red dress she wore the other day flattered her shape more, IMO. And the hat was pretty, but I didn't care for the multiple disks perched on it too much.

Last edited:

Off-topic posts have been removed.

:whistling: As I said above: I hope I can live with my sin of mistaking it for the rest of me life ...

Honestly don't understand why this sudden fuss about the hat. Not so different in my opinion, both are ugly and at first sight - and about 6 meters away from the TV - they look pretty similar.

I might as well throw my opinion into the ring. I thought Catherine looked lovely, as to her hat looking like Bea's .... IMO, NO.WAY. The color is similar and that is all. Bea's hate was an abomination. Though some may not like Catherine's hat, it is, IMO, far from an abomination. :)

:whistling:Okay I just mistook the hat for Bea's hat at the first few seconds of my watching the thanksgiving service. Of course then I realised the hat is different. "lol" I wonder how often I'll have to explain myself for that again :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I thought she looked very pretty but I wish she would lighten up on the makeup, shesh. Just HMO.

can we get off the makeup.. unlike her clothes its not going to change

can we get off the makeup.. unlike her clothes its not going to change

People never change the way they wear their makeup?

Personally, I don't care about her makeup. However, makeup is part of fashion and does not seem to be inappropriate to the thread. In the end that's for mods to decide but that's my thought on it.

I thought she looked incredibly chic and every inch a royal princess and future Queen. Home run appearance in my book.

She's really stepped it up lately.

While I think the lace dress is beautiful, I also think it looks totally flat on Kate from the front view.
I have to agree.

I didn't really appreciate how lovely the lace was nor how beautiful the colour was on her until I saw her on the balcony. Unfortunately the bottom half was straight as a board, and boring.

Her shoes were a major disappointment. She doesn't need such high, clunky platform shoes. The soles don't flex and make walking in them about as feminine as wearing army boots! A more delicate and less structured look would have looked better with the fragility of the lace.

The hat! Ah, the hat. As hats go I have to admit that while it is not my favourite, it is quite delicate and went well with the lace of her dress.

All in all, I think she looked quite lovely. Now so long as we don't get an encore performance of "Who Wore It Best" from the Mail, I'll be even happier.

I thought she looked very pretty but I wish she would lighten up on the makeup, shesh. Just HMO.

Her makeup isn't too heavy, but it could be lighter,
but I believe her beautiful eyes are the focal point of her face,
and she accentuates that using darker makeup on her eyes ..
but in some areas her makeup is not well-blended ( you can actually see he cheek contouring line in some lightings)

She looks stunning! I love the color and the design, it's so elegant! Simply beautiful!

She did look the best, her figure, her posture, her dress, just lovely

I saw her a little bit at the TV yesterday evening. She was like a FAIRY!! Her moving, her dress, everything!!! Magnificent.

I thought the pale beige dress Kate wore to St Paul's Cathedral yesterday was a much better length than what we've been used to for her daywear lately. Mind you, that red dress she wore for the Thames Jubilee pageant was gorgeous and brightened up a very dreary, cool and wet day.

IMO She looked so beautiful in her nude lace dress. It´s delicate and feminine. She wears nude very well, because of her skin colour, many other women look too washed out when wearing it.
The same goes for the hat, it´s not my favourite, most women would look ridiculous with it, but somehow it works on her, she has the features and the hair to pull it off.
So overall this is quite a Kate-look, not easy to copy and wear so beatifully by anybody. I quite like that

Catherine looked lovely yesterday and I agree she does do light neutrals well. I do think I liked the red McQueen just a bit more. I thought it had a bit of fun/spunkiness to it and really flattered her figure. :flowers:

Simplicity is almost always elegant and stylish, imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom