The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 8: April 2012 - June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate looked lovely today. I like how she kept it simple with the color choice. I also thought it was a smart idea to continue the lining on the sleeves. Im not crazy about the hat, the flower is a bit too big/sticks out too much for my taste.

Waw, that pink nude colors suits a lot her, and the cut, fabric and belt detaling are just stunning.

di-fan72 said:
What i just do not understand is that most people here do not accept the fact that there are people out there that do not like Kate. Big comments are made to people who do not like her. I am allowed to you know. And this has nothing to do with Diana. I do like people who have a real personality and Kate has not. Neither do i like for instance Maxima (i am dutch), she has no personality too, she is fake, although her clothes are mostly super same for Mary from Denmark.

And how do you know about Kate's personality, did you approach her or so? We accept and respect of course your opinion if it's so, but in the begining you started by saying that Kate is an average looking woman who is plain, and as fandesacs2003 has well said, average looking women are not 5'10, don't have such as perfect figure, smile etc...and now you are talking about personlity. I myself didn't like some Kate's outfits, but that doesn't make her an average looking woman who has nothing special, her body belongs to her thanks to her good genes, and she didn't receive it since she became a royal it with the clothes she wears and apparentely you don't like :D

Last edited:
I like the hat, something about the dress is very matronly, must be the lace.

By the way, for me the fashion relationship with Sarah Burton / McQueen is not a match made in heaven, when I recall there are more designs that didnt suit Kate than did. IMO of course.

I hope this doesn't turn into a body shamming tread. There are different body types and women shouldn't be bash for it.

imo i think the dress and hat are lovely together, there is something about her and lace that is so darling, imo i dont think a lot of people can wear lace and look good. example someone at my age,body shape and size ....whew... i would look very matronly and not to mention the hat ...yeah just call me granny but she is so slim imo she still looks classy

imo i think the dress and hat are lovely together, there is something about her and lace that is so darling, imo i dont think a lot of people can wear lace and look good. example someone at my age,body shape and size ....whew... i would look very matronly and not to mention the hat ...yeah just call me granny but she is so slim imo she still looks classy

I agree with you. Catherine can definitely wear lace with a ton elegance and grace (and I'm not trying to rhyme on purpose).

Absolutely beautiful. Love the dress, love the hair, love the facinator. I have to say this, McQueen might not be my cup of tea sometimes, but the tailoring on the dresses from that fashion house are second to none. No cheap looking fabrics and no stitches out of line.

Beautiful. She looked great these last three days.

Her McQueen dress at the church service is so good. Perfect choice with good accesories.

Just beautiful. Kate has certainly built a strong relationship with Sarah Burton and Alexander McQueen.

What makes the outfit is that it is not short. The skirt is the perfect length. Amazing how skirt length can transform a girl into a woman. She looks beautiful.

Charlene of Monaco has a relationship with Akris, and yet their clothes just do not suit her. You could never say that about Kate and McQueen..

Ragging on Charlene doesn't make Kate look any better.

Last edited:
Lovely and elegant, but my favorite outfit is the red one. She looks wonderful in bright jewel tones.

Another lovely outfit - very Duchess of Cambridge! I loved the sparkles on the hat and the satin belt detailing.

Two previous posters took the words out of my mouth, Absolutely Exquisite
and
skirt length is perfect, showing a long line.
Love to be able to see the beautiful neckline, the lace a nod to the luncheon table she hosted I assume.

Only criticism is the imo unfinished belt on the back of the dress. We don't need to see how it is fastened.

Last edited:
What makes the outfit is that it is not short. The skirt is the perfect length. Amazing how skirt length can transform a girl into a woman. She looks beautiful.

Ragging on Charlene doesn't make Kate look any better.

You're going to tell me off for 'ragging' on Charlene for saying she doesn't suit Akris's clothes after you've just accused Prince Harry of looking like he's on drugs in the Diamond Jubilee thread? Seriously?

I was making a comparison between 2 royal women who have tended to favour one particular fashion house above others. Charlene used to have some sort of partnership with Armani, which worked on her, but has now changed to Akris which simply does not. I'm not the first person to say this.

I think most posters here would agree that McQueen suits Kate much more than Akris suits Charlene. Saying so is not 'ragging' on anyone.

I love the dress, and again Kate choose a one colour dress, a very wise decision not too mucht, lovely!

Lovely and elegant, but my favorite outfit is the red one. She looks wonderful in bright jewel tones.

ITA!
She looks wonderful in the red, although the lace outfit is also exquisite.
Perhaps the more subdued color is better for a religious service. :flowers:

:previous:Oh, absolutely, the pastel is better for a church service. I just meant generally speaking, she looks great in strong colors.:flowers: And she's pulled her hair back twice in a row now; looks great with the fascinators.

Last edited:
An excellent choice for Kate today! I like the dress, the length of it, the color of it, even all that lace, saved from looking like lingerie by the perfect cut and fit. And if I'm not mistaken, Kate has lightened up the makeup a bit. AND pushed her hair back. Fab!

First off- Love the color, love Kate in lace, love the hat!
Once again, she took my breath away- stunning,elegance and grace personified- perfection.
If the Queen was the image of a Queen last night, then Catherine was the image of a fairytale Princess today.....

I appear to be in minority, but Kate's dress didn't really appeal to me.
The material, colour and design are all lovely, but I don't think it's a very flattering shape for Kate's figure.

I'm not criticising Kate, her fashion sense or choice of outfit; just sharing my personal opinion on this particular dress.
Of all the (senior) royal ladies today, I thought only the Queen looked impeccable.

Can't say I'm a fan of that hat. When I first saw it I thought it was Beatrice's famous hat which Kate borrowed for the service. The rest of the lace outfit is nice but lacks a certain "je ne sais quoi" in my opinion.

:previous:
Artemisia and Kit,
I am joining your opinions on the look. The hat appears to be overloaded with a veil and a flower.

When I first saw it I thought it was Beatrice's famous hat which Kate borrowed for the service..

Oh My God!!! Catherine would never wear this horror!!

Bea's famous hat has been sold on e-bay, and I hope it will disappear FOR EVER!!!!!

I know the hat was sold on e-bay but it really looked like it at first sight.

I'm not crazy about the hat but I love her in lace. Strangely, the only lace I didn't like was on her wedding dress(I didn't find the dress modest enough). But I love every lace piece she has worn since. I feel like I'm seeing dresses and skirts like this everywhere right now and she might have something to do with it.

I think nobody said here that Kate was the most beautiful woman in the world, of course that there's some women who can be more beautiful than her, but to call her very plain or average is just called being in bad faith, because such as height, figure, smile and charisma is not given to everybody. Also she doesn't need makeup to stand out, we all have seen her early pics when she was younger without makeup, and she was just natural and stunning.
i never called her plain or average, so why quoting me? just because i said she was a little above average? i respect your opinion on Kate so i hope you respect mine, as you sound like if you're the correct one because my opinion is as valid as yours.
taste is subjective.

i didnt like her hat today, horrible, however, thats a wonderful dress and she looks nice in pastel/lightcolors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom