The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 8: April 2012 - June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
YES!!!!! Impressive! Not only on high heels... but also in wedges.... and inthis kind of floor, which is irregular and unstable!!!:bang:

Good point Catherine!!!

I think after having managed to cope 8 years wit papz, etc etc.... she can do everything!

I'm like you, I can stay with 10cm stilettos, but wedges, after 6 cm I badly fall.
I think it is because wedges have a compacted volume, and they do not absorve shoks!

I'm always imperssed by the height of heels Kate is wearing, especially as she is so tall, she does not need them so high.

But tastes are tastes.

I look at her heels high and most of them where 4.5" and some where shorter which surprised me. The only that was taller was the black pump she wore which was 5" (I don't know about the LKBennet). Those heels range are about the same height that the other Princess wear.

Kate and Charlene
Preview

Last edited by a moderator:
Good point! I actually feel less stable in wedges than normal high heels, not sure why. Could just be that I don't really like wedges, although the navy ones Kate has worn from Zara with the peep toe are pretty nice.
I actually twisted my ankle on ballet flats. Beat that. :lol:
Wedges are easier to walk in when on grass. I haate it when I wear heels and they sink down into the grass.

I'm so curious to see the pink dress. Looks like both women decided on pastels.

This is fairly typical princess 'uniform'. When you're attending a celebration lunch for your grandmother in law, joined by monarchs from around the world (including the very conservative Middle East), choosing something simple and subdued is the right call.

This is fairly typical princess 'uniform'. When you're attending a celebration lunch for your grandmother in law, joined by monarchs from around the world (including the very conservative Middle East), choosing something simple and subdued is the right call.

I agree, Catherine looks very much in Princess attire. Some pearls or a brooch would have been a nice addition though.

I don't think she owns any pearls or many brooches in all honesty. She was given a diamond polar bear brooch in Canada, but not sure how appropriate that would've been.

Kate is not the star today, and her choice of attire suggests she very much understands that.

Once again, Catherine looks fabulous. She understands some important rules:

1.) Less is always more
2.) Her husband is the heir to the heir ... you don't dress like you're the #1 person in the room (or the realm, for that matter)
3.) It's not necessary to compete with the Queen ... dress for who you are!

muriel said:
I agree, Catherine looks very much in Princess attire. Some pearls or a brooch would have been a nice addition though.

I can't tell because of the watermark.... But is there Something on Kate's right shoulder that may look like a brooch?

I don't think she owns any pearls or many brooches in all honesty.

I agree with you. Also, many of her generation do not wear pearls or brooches. That said, I think in h er psotion, Catherine can get away with wearing them, and in he process, bring both brooches and pearls back into fashion

Kate is wearing a pink double wool crepe coat dress - Emilia Wickstead - for the luncheon. The first photos are just coming through - but so far, I like what I see.

I think Kate might be wearing her wedding earrings, what do you guys think?. See here:

Preview

EIIR said:
I think Kate might be wearing her wedding earrings, what do you guys think?. See here:

Preview

I don't think they are her wedding earrings, as these look like a square cut dangling...but I do think they are new to us.

I don't think they are her wedding earrings, as these look like a square cut dangling...but I do think they are new to us.

I think these are the diamond earrign she has worn on a number of occassions, the first of these being in Canada with the purple dress. More recently, she wore them at her first solo engagement at the National Portrait gallery.

Last edited:
Definitely not her wedding earrings.
You can see them a bit more clearly in this picture. They look like diamond to me.

Last edited:
I love her dress. The pretty colour, the cut around the neck, the skirt, such a femine dress.

Catherine's, Duchess of Cambridge, ensemble was lovely. Her make up and hairstyle are so so.

I have to agree with Al_bina.
The dress is lovely, and I love the delicate brooch and earrings.
The shoes are average and do blend well with the dress, the makeup is a bit too heavy and yes, I'm one of the team up-do; wish she'd styled her hair similar to her last evening appearance.

- Full view of the dress without watermarks

Last edited:
I love the dress, the color suits Catherine well. The brooch is lovely. I too am on Team Up-Do. I would have loved to have seen a helf up/half down today, that way you could have seen the brooch and the earrings. Hopefully at the next event.

Kate had her hair up just a week ago. She was always unlikely, given what we've seen of her over the last year, to wear it up for 2 engagements in a row.

I get the feeling that some people won't be satisfied until she wears it up pretty much all the time. I thought the complaints about her not doing so would die down for at least a while after last Friday night, but it would appear not.

I get the feeling that some people won't be satisfied until she wears it up pretty much all the time. I thought the complaints about her not doing so would die down for at least a while after last Friday night, but it would appear not.
I have no problems with Kate wearing her hair down, EIIR, especially on morning/everyday engagements. Although this one could be classified as "morning" as well, it was still one of the most high-profile events Kate has attended to day and I would really love to see her hair up.

This is a fashion thread and our opinions differ; I just express mine without insulting and (hopefully) hurting anyone's feelings. :)

Kate had her hair up just a week ago. She was always unlikely, given what we've seen of her over the last year, to wear it up for 2 engagements in a row.

I think she should just get a Princess Anne hairstyle and be done with it.

I have no problems with Kate wearing her hair down, EIIR, especially on morning/everyday engagements. Although this one could be classified as "morning" as well, it was still one of the most high-profile events Kate has attended to day and I would really love to see her hair up.

This is a fashion thread and our opinions differ; I just express mine without insulting and (hopefully) hurting anyone's feelings. :)

I have no problem with other opinions. My point simply was that given Kate wore her hair up so recently, one would think that that would satisfy the updo fanatics for a few weeks at least. But no, only her 2nd appearance since the gala last Friday and we're back to the same old complaints that we've heard a million times before about Kate not wearing her hair up.

But those aren't complaints, are they? Those are just suggestions.
Queen Margrethe of Denmark wore a grey suit today; while I like the Queen, I do think she could have chosen something more flattering or colourful. I'm not complaining - just expressing opinion. Similarly, Kate has great hair and I understand why she likes wearing them down (not to mention, she may be just more comfortable with the style); however, at the same time I would like to see her wearing her hair up more often. It's not as though I'm writing to Clarence House with complaints, is it? :)

After obseving the Duchess for one year, I've come to the conclusion she is beautiful, elegant, always dress apropriatly and finally I like her. It is hard to explain why you appreciate or not a person you have never met.
Anyway, I have never had problems with her hair but I have begun to think she should at least put it behind her ears. It is kind of boring never beeing able to see her earings, broochs, necklaces and details of her outfits.

I think she should just get a Princess Anne hairstyle and be done with it.

I don't think that would even satisfy the updo people, miche. Some of them actually weren't happy with last Friday's updo as it was apparently 'too busy'. You couldn't make it up sometimes.

Actually the dress is growing on me, when EIIR guessed it I hated the style. But it looks chic on Catherine and the colour is understated yet stands out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom