The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 8: April 2012 - June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate's muscular legs are an inspiration, of course aspiring to have legs like her is something that will NEVER happen for me. I think her legs are the statement that despite how thin she is she is still healthy.

My word, could we leave the weight discussions alone? Please? It's so easy to sit behind the anonymity of your computer and say something glib like "she needs to eat more". We have no idea how much she eats, how much she exercises, what her weight is, if she's healthy etc. etc. Weight discussions are very dangerous and should be left alone, in my opinion at least.

I totally agree!
She has no curves and I think curves are what makes us a woman. The dress is hideous. It looks like it came out of my grandma's closet. She should really eat more. You don't want to look as manly as your husband!

Wow...

Curves are not what make us women. We come in all different shapes and sizes. Some are more shapely and some are built straight up and down. And I find it incredibly insulting that Kate (and woman of her build) are being referred to as manly.

Why can't we just focus on the clothes and leave the attacks on Kate's body out of it?

Last edited:
Kate's muscular legs are an inspiration, of course aspiring to have legs like her is something that will NEVER happen for me. I think her legs are the statement that despite how thin she is she is still healthy.

CrownPrincess5 said:
I totally agree!
She has no curves and I think curves are what makes us a woman.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/05/13/article-2143807-1312C043000005DC-822_470x650.jpg

I agree the dress is not a success, but to me Kate's figure it's just perfection, yes she's slim, but she looks really healthy, without saying names of some royal women, everybody knows who I am talking about :D, they are less slim or as slim as kate, but they look really unhealthy and sick. Kate's figure is a dream for me, and we can say that she workouts hard.

Kate's face doesn't look at all manly. The picture above is just a bad profile, she looks in most of her pictures really as a stunning woman with a model or athlete's bearing

Last edited:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/05/13/article-2143807-1312C043000005DC-822_470x650.jpg

I agree the dress is not a success, but to me Kate's figure it's just perfection, yes she's slim, but she looks really healthy, without saying names of some royal women, everybody knows who I am talking about :D, they are less slim or as slim as kate, but they look really unhealthy and sickly. Kate's figure is a dream for me, and we can say that she workout hard.

Kate's face doesn't look at all manly. The picture above is just a bad profile, she looks in most of her really as a stunning woman with a model or athlete's bearing

No I wasn't talking about her face:)

What I don't understand is that a lot of people say runway models are too thin and they need to eat more, but God forbid that someone should say Kate should eat more! Kate is about the same size as other runway models and yes I do think she looks masculine and yes I do thinks she needs to eat. That won't change.

When she first met William she had a bit more weight on. Now years later in the spotlight she's much thinner. I'm sorry but every personal trainer would tell you she's on a strict diet. You don't eat burgers and pizza and look like that.

Wow...

Curves are not what make us women. We come in all different shapes and sizes. Some are more shapely and some are built straight up and down. And I find it incredibly insulting that Kate (and woman of her build) are being referred to as manly.

Why can't we just focus on the clothes and leave the attacks on Kate's body out of it?

What are you talking about? Of course we're all different. I'm not saying that. Don't misconstrue. What I'm saying is that at times she looks manly. A bit of curves would change that. Not trying to be insulting, but it's my opinion.

Last edited:
muriel said:
What is your issue with a long sleeved dress on a day like last Sunday?

I can certainly imagine all the negative comments on this very forum had she appeared at the event in jeans and a t-shirt to hand out the prizes after the polo.

Could not agree more with you. The carping will carry on endlessly, no matter what Catherine's body shape is, or how she is dressed under the guise of a "discussion" on the fashion thread.

As you can see on this very thread, some find it objectionable she wore a dress to hand out prizes at the Polo, as opposed to jeans and a t-shirt. The next objection was that her dress had sleeves. And that is before you get to the fact that her dress did not cost 9.99.

I did not object to her wearing a dress with sleeves. You said it wasn't cold enough to wear a jumper, but she wore a long sleeve dress. That was my comment.
There will always be different opinions on what Catherine wears it's the same for everyone, it's not going to stop.

CrownPrincess5 said:

What I don't understand is that a lot of people say runway models are too thin and they need to eat more, but God forbid that someone should say Kate should eat more! Kate is about the same size as other runway models and yes I do think she looks masculine and yes I do thinks she needs to eat. That won't change.

When she first met William she had a bit more weight on. Now years later in the spotlight she's much thinner. I'm sorry but every personal trainer would tell you she's on a strict diet. You don't eat burgers and pizza and look like that.

I agree with you, Catherine is as in the public as a celebrity.

What are you talking about? Of course we're all different. I'm not saying that. Don't misconstrue. What I'm saying is that at times she looks manly. A bit of curves would change that. Not trying to be insulting, but it's my opinion.

I'm not misconstruing anything. You specifically said, "she has no curves and I think curves are what makes us a woman." Hence why I stated that curves are not what make us women since we all come in different sizes/body shapes.

Last edited:

Not all runaways models are anorexic, when I talked about models I meant bearing.... Kate's body looks muscular and athletic, and this is a sign of good health, you don't workout hard if your body is not enough healthy to support it. As for considering that she's manly because her body is muscular, I don't think so, she doesn't have huge muscles like bodybuilders women who lose their feminine face meanwhile , she just has a very tonified figure, and her face is just stunning.

Yes, she does lost weight since few years, but she still looks healthy.

I know that's maybe a matter of tastes and opinions, but to me, Kate's figure is a prefection. I have a dream to be able to workout like her and to sculplt my body like she did:D

I'm not misconstruing anything. You specifically said, "she has no curves and I think curves are what makes us a woman." Hence why I stated that curves are not what make us women since we all come in different sizes/body types.

Ok you obviously want to start an argument. And this is not the time for that. I should've said it differently. I explained in the previous reply what I meant. I think you know exactly what I'm trying to say, but you're not hearing me out. Please calm down, it's not like Kate cares or will ever hear my opinion;)

I'm perfectly calm. :lol:

Since I don't know your thoughts, I can only go by what you write. Your original post wasn't clear and seemed to suggest that women are defined by their curves. Which is why I took offense. It reminded me of that whole "real women" have curves thing. I see that you cleared it up in subsequent posts, so no biggie.

Honestly though, this has nothing to do with Kate. I would be just as annoyed if I went into a thread and saw posts about how fat this princess is, or how this princess has manly arms (or whatever). I think it cuts a little too personal and it fails to recognize that there may be posters reading the threads that have similar body types (to the royals being critiqued).

Last edited:
I agree entirely, soapstar. If anyone here said that such and such a princess should eat less, or that she's too fat, their posts would be immediately deleted. I fail to see why we are therefore able to accuse someone of not eating enough and do so with impunity.

^because people don't think skinny women have feelings? I've seen a lot of pictures of Kate younger days and at times she was just as skinny as she is now. The only different was the baby fat on her face that she still had. At a certain age women lose these baby fat.

For me personally it's not my curves that make me a woman, but my uterus and ovaries. Women come in different sizes! And just because you are a size zero doesnt make you anorexic or in this case too manly. Kate has always been thin, just in recent years she has become more so. Some women just weren't made to have big breast, noticeable hips, and a butt to die for.

You all have totally missed the point. The only "manly" comments referred to her legs. The pictures that show every muscle and ligament in her legs were the ones causing the comment. For anyone out there whose legs look the same, if you are happy with your looks then more power to you and congratulations. However, at the same time, you need to respect the fact that there are those who don't share your ideas about muscle toning and don't find it attractive. To me, having that much muscle definition is taking it too far and I don't find it feminine. As a matter of fact it makes me slightly sick to my stomach. But, I will defend your right to do as you want. It is shame you won't give the rest of us the same courtesy.

If you state your opinion on a public message board then expect replies? How is disagreeing that Kate looks at all masculine and expressing that picking on skinny girls is annoying translating into us infringing on your right to state your opinion? It's called a disagreement not censorship.
I hate Charlene's shoulders and think they are too broad and masculine. I also hate her haircut; and I recognize that people are going to disagree with me. They have their opinions I have mine.

Plus the shoe style doesn't go with the dress. I think they are ugly but could have worked with a cotton sundress. It just wasn't sundress weather.

I agree with your comment on her legs. They remind me of the gross pictures you see of female body bulders. Ick!!

I guess KittyAtlanta took credit for starting the "Kate's legs look manly" discussion. I've heard this comment many times about any thin, athletic women, they don't look fit, they've crossed the gender line. This is hilarious!!!! :lol:

First, we only see the calf definition in her leg because the muscle is flexed. This wouldn't be an issue if the photographer hadn't captured this exact movement. Second, I wonder about the people who think athletic women who care about fitness suddenly take on masculine qualities. And that's because apparently only men are entitled to develop their muscles, god forbid a woman does so! I suppose these people dislike Michelle Obama for having toned arms. How dare she do push ups!!! :D

I for one, am very happy Kate is interested in sports and fitness and although she is a bit on the thin side, she is clearly working out, not just starving herself to gain the slim look. For those concerned she looks manly, try to reform your opinions based on cultural expectations. Muscle development is healthy and is an equal opportunity for both sexes.

Believe me Catherine is eating enough, otherwise she wouldn't have the leg muscles. If you are malnourished, your body will cannibilize your muscles.

I agree the dress is not a success, but to me Kate's figure it's just perfection, yes she's slim, but she looks really healthy, without saying names of some royal women, everybody knows who I am talking about :D, they are less slim or as slim as kate, but they look really unhealthy and sick. Kate's figure is a dream for me, and we can say that she workouts hard.

Kate's face doesn't look at all manly. The picture above is just a bad profile, she looks in most of her pictures really as a stunning woman with a model or athlete's bearing

Completely agree With you , She Have very Beautiful structure , Although She’s very thin But Not Impact On her Face in Bad way , her face Looks So Fresh :flowers:

All the posts about the 'manly' legs that are apparently making people physically ill (that's a new one for a fashion thread), seem to intentionally ignore the fact that she was running at the time! Of course muscles become obvious when they're being used vigorously. We have never seen Kate's legs look like that when she's simply walking at normal speed.

This has to be the first time any royal has been accused of making onlookers physically ill with their body parts.

I don't much care for the dress, although I like the color.

However, I think Kate would have looked out of place in jeans when most of the women present were wearing (designer) dresses. (One commented that her dress had been made by Alice Temperley).

Also, the event had lots of celebrities, it's not like she was going to stand around in a muddy field all alone. Kate often wears jeans, so obviously she did not think them appropriate for what was really an afternoon party.

Last edited:
Further posts commenting on the Duchess of Cambridge's body weight and legs will be deleted without notice.
Please let me remind you that this is a fashion thread.

Thank you!​

I don't much care for the dress, although I like the color.

However, I think Kate would have looked out of place in jeans when most of the women present were wearing (designer) dresses. (One commented that her dress had been made by Alice Temperley).

Also, the event had lots of celebrities, it's not like she was going to stand around in a muddy field all alone. Kate often wears jeans, so obviously she did not think them appropriate for what was really an afternoon party.

Right.
I've noticed that in these poloi games, people of a certain social circle, are always dressed-up, never casually. (Remember also the film Pretty woman, and how Julia Roberts is dressed, silk dress and hat)
So it is normal for Kate to choose this outfit. We may like or not like this particular dress, but the style was appropriate. Choosing to wear jeans and wellies, it had been very wrong.

You said it wasn't cold enough to wear a jumper, but she wore a long sleeve dress. That was my comment.

Am I missing a trick here, or if you wear something with sleeves, it must be cold enough to wear a jumper?

all of you have missed the whole point of this-she can run in high heels ;)

lol, I do think high heels are very different than wedges

Good point! I actually feel less stable in wedges than normal high heels, not sure why. Could just be that I don't really like wedges, although the navy ones Kate has worn from Zara with the peep toe are pretty nice.

YES!!!!! Impressive! Not only on high heels... but also in wedges.... and inthis kind of floor, which is irregular and unstable!!!:bang:

Good point Catherine!!!

I think after having managed to cope 8 years wit papz, etc etc.... she can do everything!

Good point! I actually feel less stable in wedges than normal high heels, not sure why. Could just be that I don't really like wedges, although the navy ones Kate has worn from Zara with the peep toe are pretty nice.

I'm like you, I can stay with 10cm stilettos, but wedges, after 6 cm I badly fall.
I think it is because wedges have a compacted volume, and they do not absorve shoks!

I'm always imperssed by the height of heels Kate is wearing, especially as she is so tall, she does not need them so high.

But tastes are tastes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Catherine is wearing Emilia Wickstead for today's lunch.

UPDATE: wearing a pink alice coat dress.

Catherine's dress is made to measure and cost £1,300.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom